The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-02-2014

I was looking around on Ebay today and came across an Apple IIe enhanced motherboard up for auction. The bid at that point was below $2 but the auction had six days to run. Below the auction info was a buy it now price of $20. Shipping was $6. I read all the information on it. Clean, tested, working. Those were the only three words I needed. These things usually sell for $60+, some in questionable shape go for around $40. This one looks to be in great shape so I snapped it up while I could. It'll be added to my parts inventory. Deals like this don't come along every day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-02-2014

ezdays Wrote:Yeah, after he finished his spiel about how bad and dumb his "significant other" was, I turned to some of the others and said, "I guess some guys just don't know how to pick them".... A lot of us do though Big Grin
that was about the guy that was ahead of you in the line for bullets? Shoot Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-02-2014

Only thing to report on is that I have a memory card that wants to stay dead. It's a 128k AE Memory master. Half of it works, the other half doesn't. Replacing the chips just gives me a blank screen. Of well, into the reject box it goes. It would make a nice piece for a display but that's about it.

Home Health nurse came today and changed the wound vac dressing. She did her job too well. The dressing is sealed so tight the vac can't work and keep giving me shutdown alarms, blockage alerts and pressure loss alarms. Any of those will shut it down. Tomorrow I'll be going to my fathers place and put a new dressing on it myself.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3164.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3156.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6125.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-03-2014

Good morning everyone, hope your weekend is filled with things that you want to do, not have to do....

Today could be our first triple-digit temperature day, about ten degrees above normal. Still, yesterday was the average day for it to reach 100 according to the TV weather girl, but we're still ten days away according to some other "records" that I've read. Icon_lol Confusing? you bet. :? I guess I have to wonder why weather forecasting and record keeping have to be so inaccurate a lot of the time. Icon_lol Still, I'm not as good as they are, but then I don't get those six-figure salaries to do that either. Nope

Speaking of weather, I sure hope no one here has been affected by the bad weather in the Southeast. I hear of rain 24' in 24 hours. I can't fathom that kind of rain. We have flooding here when it rains just a few inches.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-03-2014

Good afternoon. It's 77° with 38% humidity. The high will be 85°.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

The wound vac almost drove me nuts last night. One alarm after another! Blockage alert, low pressure warning, bad seal warning. And none of those were in evidence. At 4:15 this morning I'd had enough and removed the vac dressing and replaced it with a standard dressing. Later I'll apply a new vac dressing.

No other plans for today.

[Image: PIC_0078.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-03-2014

Hello Blue
I spent the day at Henry Fords Greenfield Village. The live Thomas steamer was there and I assisted with the Glancy modular layout decorated in a Thomas theme.
It was cloudy and windy but we had a steady stream of kids and parents till closing at 4pm.
It's still wind BUT now the sun is out. Of course.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-03-2014

Got the wound vac dressing put on today. Different nurse did it as my usual nurse was on weekend call and was swamped. So far it's holding up well.

Apparently my Apple Image-writer II printer will be brought to me sometime this coming week. It's costing me a whole $25. It's supposed to be in working condition. We'll see.

The motherboard I picked up cheap yesterday should be here the sixth or seventh.

Haven't done anything else today.

Found an offer in the mailbox today from the company I have my satellite TV with. EPIX at half price for six months. I can live it at $3.50 a month. I just gotta remember to have it taken off my service in October. For now it makes a nice addition to my current HBO. Next month I'll change that to Starz, Cinemax or Showtime. Haven't made my mind up yet. Depends on which one is showing more of the movies I like.

Nothing more today. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3149.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3143.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6135-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-04-2014

Good morning all,

Off to work here in a little bit. Been on the look out for a kit for the Battle star galactica from the original series, and by luck a model catalog from squadron came yesterday and there it was in the misc. section but at $66.00 for a wee 17 inch model it is a bit steep I will wait till it has been on the market for awhile and see if the price will drop, been way behind on modeling trains and otherwise anyway.

Nothing new train wise, waiting on some scenery stuff to complete my S photo diorama(a board with 2 sections of ballasted track for photo taking of my S trains, will maybe do one for On30 and O later on).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-04-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's a cold rainy Sunday morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 43 with a light shower. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 50s.

My Fair Lady has gone back to bed for a while. Her hair is falling out due to the chemo but overall each day sees improvements. She gets a little stronger and is doing more around the house. We even went to dinner with some friends Friday evening. The next challenge will start tomorrow when we go for the second round of chemo. While we are there she will also pick up her wig. Then on Tuesday we'll see whether the second round hits her as hard as the first round did. Another factor is that we don't have any larger groups of people scheduling themselves for a visit so she should be able to rest more and hopefully recover more quickly.

Yesterday I did mange to spend some time in the yard. Got the summer and winter items switched from the shed to the garage. If the rain lets up and the temperature warms up I may go for a bike ride later today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-04-2014

Good Morning Blue
It's cloudy as usual and 49 degrees.
Tom please give your wife my best wishes. My wife's sister has 1 more scheduled chemo treatment and then we will see what happens next.
You got my train news last night so just enjoy today it will only be here once.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-04-2014

Good morning. It's 71° with 53% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing much planned for today. I'll probably be going to town later to do some grocery shopping. Other than that I'll just take it as it comes.

[Image: PIC_0053-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-04-2014

And a good Sunday morning to you all. I hope you were able to sleep in if that's what you wanted to do. Sometimes we try that, but usually it doesn't work. After so many years of getting up at 4:00 to go to work, we still can't get out of the habit regardless of what day it is.

Well, some of those forecasters were right, The Weather Channel said it would be over 100 and it did get to 102. Those TV weather reporters had been saying all along that we'd get to 98 and so we did, plus a bit beyond...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-04-2014

Hey all.

Had a nice day at work, no major problems with the machines or the operators Icon_lol It was somewhat overcast at the end of the shift but still more sunlight then what I have been used to lately. A bit too cool and windy to wash the vehicles today.

I think I will take a nap and then catch up on DVD's, next up to watch is Dusk till Dawn parts 1, 2 and 3. Saturday night completed the first season of Enterprise. I like the series but can not stand the opening theme music. I have season 1 of Caprica to watch as well.

Popcornbeer

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-04-2014

Well I got the grocery shopping done. As I don't trust my van to get me there and back especially where perishables are concerned I called my sister and asked her if she was going shopping today. That's like asking a frog if it hops. There's always something she wants to go shopping for. Turns out she and her daughter were going to Wal-Mart so we made a threesome of it. As an added benefit they brought my groceries to my door. Very nice of them.

This morning I stripped some junk computer boards of any usable parts and I took three repowered Varney F3B's off the layout and cleaned and serviced them whether they needed it or not then put them right back where I got them on the layout. One has an Athearn/Stewart/Kato drive, another has a Proto 2000/Athearn/A-Line drive and the third has a Bowser frame with a junk box special drive made of whatever parts I could make or scrounge up. All three are DCC with Digitrax decoders. Other than that I haven't gotten anything else done today.