The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-11-2014

BR60103 Wrote:Today we went to a birthday party for my aunt -- father's brother's widow -- a significant number that she didn't want revealed (intil she told us she was 90).
Large collection of people -- she had 4 children who had more, plus other cousins and what not. Whne she expressed surprise at the number, I told her that half were from the church's homeless program. 35

We didn't tell anyone that today is our 40th anniversary, so don't you let on either.
A happy 90th to your aunt, and a very happy 40th to you and your bride. Admirable numbers in both cases. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-11-2014

Happy Mothers Day Blue
We have sun and 61 degrees this morning.
There was a good turnout for our club meet last night plus a few guest our host invited.
Not a word from the kids about Mothers day but I'm sure they will show up sometime today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-11-2014

JEFFREY!!!! You have been speaking the truth!!!!! Smile Smile God Bless You!!!!!!

Allegations Regarding the Phoenix VA Health Care System
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://abcnews.go.com/WN/delays-care-threaten-health-safety-veterans-va-whistleblower/story?id=23663739">http://abcnews.go.com/WN/delays-care-th ... d=23663739</a><!-- m -->

I wonder how widespread the "Hiding deficiencies for bonuses" is..... So Sad!!!!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-11-2014

ngauger Wrote:JEFFREY!!!! You have been speaking the truth!!!!! Smile Smile God Bless You!!!!!!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://abcnews.go.com/WN/delays-care-threaten-health-safety-veterans-va-whistleblower/story?id=23663739">http://abcnews.go.com/WN/delays-care-th ... d=23663739</a><!-- m -->

I wonder how widespread the "Hiding deficiencies for bonuses" is..... So Sad!!!!!!!
Unfortunately this is nationwide and shows utter disregard for our veterans of which I'm one. Back in July 2013 when I was looking to get my right leg amputated I turned first to the VA. They said they couldn't (wouldn't) do it because they didn't have the money for it. So I went and had it done at a civilian hospital under Medicaid. I went to the same hospital when I had to get the big toe of my left foot amputated. VA wasn't even on the list then. I have no use for an organization that's happy to take federal funds to help vets then turns around and ignores them.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-11-2014

Running Bear Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:JEFFREY!!!! You have been speaking the truth!!!!! Smile Smile God Bless You!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is nationwide and shows utter disregard for our veterans of which I'm one. Back in July 2013 when I was looking to get my right leg amputated I turned first to the VA. They said they couldn't (wouldn't) do it because they didn't have the money for it. So I went and had it done at a civilian hospital under Medicaid. I went to the same hospital when I had to get the big toe of my left foot amputated. VA wasn't even on the list then. I have no use for an organization that's happy to take federal funds to help vets then turns around and ignores them.

This, of course, is a big story here. It just boggles my mind that if they cannot adhere to their 14-day max wait, why they cannot send you to another doctor or some care facility. Some here say that they've waited up to two years before getting to see a doctor. For some, the wait was too long. Vets should be allowed to get help wherever they need to and be able to send the bill to the VA for payment.

Oh yeah, and a Happy Mother's Day to anyone that even faintly resembles a mother, or does the work of one, that includes all you Mr. Moms out there. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-11-2014

Good morning. It's 79° with 81% humidity. The high will be 88°, very cloudy and a small chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans set in stone today. I may do some more clean up work on the printer. I have a little Krud Kutter that can be used on the areas that have some very hard to remove tape. Looks like watching movies and playing some old (prehistoric by many standards) computer games. I may give Lode Runner a run.

[Image: P1011535.jpg]

[Image: P1011498.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5935.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-11-2014

Glad to be home, early morning fog on the drive to work today.;

Happy Mother's day to all who have a Mother still and to those who are married to one.

As for the veterans thank you all for your service, and the VA Hospital I am embarrassed as a citizen over a government/society that uses then discards veterans :oops: :oops: :oops: You all deserve so much better then what you are dealt. :x Wallbang

Well I did a major cleanup on the printer today. Using what little Goo-Gone and Krud Kutter I had left I got all the tape and adhesive residue off it. With the application of some elbow grease I got the dirt and grime off. It doesn't look like the same printer. It was a kinda sick looking yellowish color this morning. Now it's a buff white color and very clean looking. If the metal plate on the bottom is any indication it was a slightly off-white color before the plastic discolored from age. I also tightened any loose screws I came across.

[Image: DSCN6176.jpg]

Been a busy day for me computer-wise. I cleaned up the Imagewriter II printer in the late morning/early afternoon. My fingers and elbows are still complaining about that. A much easier task was installing a 1 meg memory card in a Microcom (Compaq) Apple II+ compatible this afternoon.

For something having to do with trains I ran the Lima Hustler on a clear stretch of track to see how it acts. It has a good top speed. It responds well at lower speeds and crawls quite nicely. It's only problem is it stalls on turnouts because of the short wheelbase despite the fact that it has four wheel pickup and four wheel drive.

Looking like a wet day tomorrow. The weather guesser is squawking about a 50/50 chance of rain and thunderstorms.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-12-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 68 degrees but storms are in the forecast.
We had a quiet mothers day at home, the 2 sons stopped by and she saw our daughter at church.
I offered to take her out for dinner but she declined.
A nice chat with some of the guys last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-12-2014

Good morning all,

Last night was wet, warm and windy with some thunder and lightning the severe weather was just to the west of here.

No plans set for today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-12-2014

Good morning. It's 76° with 91% humidity. The high will be 85°, cloudy with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. Other than that I have no plans. The manual for the serial card that controls my printer will be here today.

[Image: DSCN2563.jpg]

[Image: P1011450.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6180-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-12-2014

Good morning, a bit chilly early this morning, I even saw a couple in Denny's wearing jackets. They might have been just driving though since it is a lot colder up around Prescott and Flagstaff. We're now above 70 and I'm sure no one is wearing jackets anymore, even those people.

It sure looked like a lot of mothers had a good day yesterday, most restaurants in the area had their parking lots full with people waiting outside. However, if your pleasure was fast food, most parking lots there were fairly empty. A friend of ours manages one of those chain buffet restaurants and he says that there are people lined up around the building from breakfast through dinner on Mother's Day.

Have a good week... Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-12-2014

We've had big ugly and loud thunderstorms and heavy showers going through here for the last couple of hours. A few lightning strikes have been close, one maybe a direct hit as a couple of locos were knocked off the track on the display rack. Thankfully they didn't fall off. Some DVD's were knocked out of the DVD rack as well. Gotta another big thunderstorm coming so I gotta get off of here.

[Image: inmsirla_.gif]

OK, I'm back. We had quite the series of storms here. I shut down here almost immediately after my 4:16pm post. Power went out about thirty minutes later. I was in back watching 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' at the time. The outage caught VGER in mid sentence or shall I say mid-threat (give me what I want or I'll kill everything on the Earth) so it was no bad thing. I put on my headlight and went around and turned on the emergency lights. They're in the bedroom, bathroom, train/computer room. Then I sat back, picked up a book (After Worlds Collide) and picked up where I left off during the last power outage. I'd read for ten minutes, let my eyes rest for about five minutes then read for ten minutes, rest the eyes for five minutes and just kept repeating the cycle. I stopped and marked my page (about eleven pages farther on from where I started) when the power came back on a little after 7:30. I had stopped at a few points to get something to eat and drink and make a visit to the throne room. I know now that the window in the west wall of the bedroom (under where the tree landed) leaks. I've got to fix that. Also have to get that roof fixed! Those damaged steel sheets are still up there and the over-roof frame hasn't been repaired. No way can I do it. I go up a ladder and I'll probably split the side of my foot open then my nurse and my family will probably kill me. I can't trust my nephew to do it. He'll be in a hurry to go to some party or go and see if he can get his truck and ATV's stuck in some mud hole and he'll botch the job in spades. All it is just sistering a good 2x4 to the busted one and replacing the two steel sheets. Those of course need to be cut to length, pre-drilled, put in place and screwed down. Nothing hard about it. It just takes time. Shoot, my father and I did the whole roof in half a day back in '06 and that included tarring the overlap of the sheets. Thirteen sheets in all.