The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-12-2014

RB:
I read When Worlds Collide and After Worlds Collide a long time ago and I think they were old books then (found in my grandparents' attic).
Who's the author and what's the date?
Thanks.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-12-2014

BR60103 Wrote:RB:
I read When Worlds Collide and After Worlds Collide a long time ago and I think they were old books then (found in my grandparents' attic).
Who's the author and what's the date?
Thanks.
Philip Wylie and Edwin Balmer. Date is 1934.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-12-2014

It's 72° here and very wet and windy. We have gusts up to 28mph. Looks like there's still a fair chance of more showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Great! Just what we need. More rain. It was coming down in buckets for a couple of hours and I heard what sounded like hail hitting the roof a few times.

Well, it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011444.jpg]

[Image: P1011327.jpg]

[Image: P1011251.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-13-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 72 degrees
Storms all over lower Michigan yesterday but the worst of them missed us. Always thankful for that.
No train news this morning so I'll just meander through.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-13-2014

Morning all. Off to a walk. Going to 91 today they say. Did a opening speech and proclamation for National Nursing Home Week yesterday at local nursing home. Judging their "talent contest" Friday. Got 95% of the garden planted. Waiting for rain now. Chores today. Garden Club tonight and then off to lake house to mow and etc. Gives me a couple of days off. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-13-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 94% humidity. The high will be 82° and very cloudy with a high chance of sowers and thunderstorms.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond70.jpg]

Looks like more rain today. At least there's no reports of wind like we had yesterday. I'd intended to come back online last night after my sign-off but the cable internet service was down. It was still down when I got up this morning. It didn't come back on until about 8am.

No plans today except of course to stay dry.

[Image: P1011214.jpg]

[Image: P1011185.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2453.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-13-2014

Afternoon all been a while since I have posted. Hope all are doing well.
As far as the V.A. ( yes I'm a vet also) ( and thanks for the kind words to all us vets) This is a very touchy topic as it can get political very easy and me thinks we rather stay away from that part but for the most part I agree this has been going on to long and I bet its nation wide I know we have some bad things at this one we lost 4 patients on the operating table because of ( supposedly ) a failure in the ventilation filterization system serving the OR. I personally think it takes to long to be seen and when I got here 6 years ago I was told my defibrillator in my chest needed to be checked every 6 months its now being done every 6 months if I'm lucky and it is now 8 tears old originally told need new batteries 5 to 7 years got here and was told 8 - 10 years so I have a little concern there.

Not much else going on here doing my train sales here and there buying some cheap HO items as don't know anything about HO so I go for the cheap stuff I can turn around and resell for a little profit. need to learn a lot about ho when I was a kid all I really knew where Lionel, Bachmann, Lifelike, Atlas and maybe some other inexpensive items. But that was it. I think the best engine I had in HO was a 0-4-0 with a slope back tender

I'm redoing my layout a little bit and keep wondering how much HO I could get on there lol ( no I'm not switching to HO ) just a thought ( layout table is 8' x 16' ) then I think imagine all the n scale lol

Oh well back to reality Hope all are haveing a good week. Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-13-2014

Good afternoon folks. Looks like it might get a bit warmer in Rolesville NC then here in Arizona. Our high today is suppose to be 90. Right now the weather channel says that it's 83 outside, but my thermometer says that it's 93 out. I think they are closer to being right and I just may have to relocate the sensor. Then again, my weather system doesn't crash as often as my Weather Channel app does, so it's debatable which is more reliable.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-13-2014

RB: yes, that's the same one I read; must have been my father's or mu uncle's.
Our weather radio went off and we had major storm warnings over southwestern Ontario. Not much actually happened here -- enough wind that we brought in some chairs.
Spent most of my spare time today trying to add a light to the basement system. Between forgetting which way the wire goes around the screw (!) and being interrupted to go out, I still haven't finished it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-13-2014

Had a little bit of a mystery a little while ago. I picked up the keyboard of my HP computer to type in a reply on another forum an lo and behold nothing happened. I've always had the keyboard plugged into one of the two front USB ports alnog with an 8gb flash drive. Well neither device worked so it was preyyu obvious the front USB ports are dead. So I plugged the keyboard into one of the USB ports on the back and it's working again. Everything else on the front still works.

Nothing else to report so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011184.jpg]

[Image: P1011157.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6187.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-14-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have rainy skies and 56 degrees.
No more 80s for awhile.
So far this week we have been to the store and I have done some piddly things around the house, but no train news.
A nice chat last night with Charlie and RT.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 48 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Our overnight low was a ridiculous 36 degrees. High for today is supposed to be in the lower 60s. The extended forecast calls for lows in the 30s and highs in the 50s for the remainder of the week. This is getting really old.

Not much going on at the moment. My Fair Lady is taking a nap after our trip to Menards. We picked up some paint for a spare room upstairs and I picked up some new solar lights for the Backyard & Southern. For the remainder of the day we'll start emptying out the spare room. I also need to sand down and paint a small chest of drawers. First up on the list is to get the plants back out of the garage and then get the solar lights put in place.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-14-2014

Good morning. It's 54° with 100% humidity. The high will be 68°, very cloudy with a fair chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Waiting on the call from the Home Health nurse. Otherwise no plans. The front USB ports on the HP are working again. It seems that somehow the driver for the host controller of those ports got dropped. Windows couldn't detect that the driver was missing. So I uninstalled that particular host controller. On the next full restart Windows reinstalled the host controller and the driver. It was probably Windows that dropped the driver in the first place. Who remembers Windows 95 Version A and it's infamous habit of dropping drivers? Install a sound board and suddenly you have no mouse control?

[Image: P1011120.jpg]

[Image: P1011105.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCN2421.jpg]
Click image to play video.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-14-2014

Good whatever as it is, dark and stormy here rotation of the clouds spotted here tornado warnings going off, typical weather pattern for spring in Ohio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran some trains last couple days On30 and Lionel O gauge.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-15-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a steady rain with temp at 53.
The furnace is set at 72. I am not going to sit here in a cold damp house.
While having supper at York with some forum friends from Jersey, I mentioned that I could not find a prewar Flyer box car I wanted for display.
Yesterday I received one in the mail from him...Thank you Ray.
A few laps of my CSX SD70 was my train day. And of course the box car.
S.J.