The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2013

Big Grin And a very fine morning to you all. Kind of chilly out right now, it says it's 80 out, and "feels like" 83, but to me it feels more like in the low 79's. Maybe that's just me because I like the change. Still high humidity and dew points, ans still a high chance of storms today with the temps in the low 90's for a change, or so they say, since it got up to 103, but shouldn't have gotten past 98.

So much for the weather, it seems as if that's all I talk about, but then that's what seniors my age do a lot. 35 Oh, I missed our annual "blizzard" yesterday. That's when they bring in some 50 tons of snow and let the kids and zoo animals have a blast. I don't know where the snow comes from, but I've missed being there every year now for well over 50 years. My loss I guess, but I remember living here to avoid the snow, and so far it's worked out pretty good.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-21-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and warm at 70 degrees. Should be a good day for travel. We're headed out shortly and will be back in three weeks. I'll check in as time permits.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-21-2013

Home again. Mowed again here late yesterday. Hot, humid and cloudy. So bad yesterday, sweated just standing still. No joke. Was like that Friday too. Off to Sunday School. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-21-2013

Good morning. It's 79° with 85% humidity. The high will be 88° but will feel like 101°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond50.jpg]

Looks like more rain and thunderstorms. Radar is showing a lot of activity down south and it's moving this way. No plans for today other than staying dry.

[Image: P1010983.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4365.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-21-2013

For those of you that directly link to the Hobo's Camp....

We will be changing servers this Friday - Please read the announcement here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6904">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6904</a><!-- l -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 07-21-2013

Work on the new layout progresses - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rmweb.co.UK/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=303558">http://www.rmweb.co.UK/community/index. ... _id=303558</a><!-- m -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-21-2013

shortliner Wrote:Work on the new layout progresses - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rmweb.co.UK/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=303558">http://www.rmweb.co.UK/community/index. ... _id=303558</a><!-- m -->
Looking good! That looks like the end of the road. Where's Tom Bodett?

Plenty of lightning, thunder and rain today. Vernon Park Rd which is dirt is a muddy mess. It's only saving grace is that there's enough gravel on it to keep vehicles from sinking in or losing traction if the driver isn't acting like an idiot. Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2336.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 07-21-2013

ezdays Wrote:So much for the weather, it seems as if that's all I talk about, but then that's what seniors my age do a lot. 35 Oh, I missed our annual "blizzard" yesterday. That's when they bring in some 50 tons of snow and let the kids and zoo animals have a blast. I don't know where the snow comes from, but I've missed being there every year now for well over 50 years. My loss I guess, but I remember living here to avoid the snow, and so far it's worked out pretty good.

After living for close to 12 years in Wisconsin, you can bet I like the more-than-balmy weather of south Texas...

I do kind'a miss ice skating, though.... Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-22-2013

Hey all hope all doing well, Wife said something about flooding going on out in AZ hope it didn't affect any of you all that live out there other than maybe some of the rain.
Off today so its a day of relaxing, Do have to goto the store for a few last items.
You all have a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-22-2013

Good morning. It's 75° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 104°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond30.jpg]

Looks like the weather is tapering off. Instead of being hot and wet it'll be just hot. No plans for today. Yesterday I worked on two of the Apple IIe's disk drives, a Franklin Ace10 and an Apple Disk II. The original beige paint on the metal shells was badly cracked, scratched and crazed and in places was just falling off. The shells were removed and stripped, sanded and repainted. They're now primer gray with a heavy coat of Clear Flat.

No layout plans as of yet. I don't intend on doing anything on that until I've recovered from the upcoming amputation and can get around on my own. I don't want to start something now and have to abandon it then pick it up later or have to rip it out and change it due to some new limitation.

[Image: DSCN2339-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4381.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-22-2013

Good morning all. It's downright chilly outside right now, 78° with 91% humidity. Thanks for the concern about the flooding. We had one of our torrential "monsoon" rain storms in the Valley yesterday morning. The sky was really overcast and about mid-morning we looked out and we saw a trickle of rain, not enough to get the driveway wet Nope . We didn't know until the evening news that the east and south parts of the Valley got drenched. Very typical of what goes on here, storms are very localized. I remember years ago when we lived on the east side, there was a storm that tore roofs off of houses and uprooted trees on the west side. Now the opposite has happened. Although we like the rain, we thought about it and decided a trickle of rain was better than what happened to those that had their houses flooded. Water rescues are normal for these times when normally dry washes run like rivers. They build roads through these washes and barricade them when they are flooding, but some people think they have the right to go around them and they wind up loosing their vehicles or even worse. If they have to be rescued, we have what we call, a "stupid motorist law", that requires them to pay for the cost of the rescue if they ignored these barricades.

Still, it's weird how they got all this rain and a few miles away, we got zip.... 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-22-2013

Glad you just got a few drips.
The Devil Made Me Do It Last night I bidded and won a Train set in original set box from around 1959 - 1961 Its a promo set that lionel made up back then. Well off to the store you all keep well

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-22-2013

Morning. Had Tstorm last evening. More for this afternoon per forecast. Suppose to throw out first pitch at Mudcats baseball game tonight. Big Mayors' Assoc. meal there too. Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-22-2013

Already been to town and back. My father was going in so I got a ride with him. First stop, the pharmacy to drop off a list for refills on my meds. Then to Wal-Mart so he could get some frozen shrimp and a couple other items. I got a 1.75 fluid ounce bottle of GO2GLUE. Never tried it before so I have no idea how well it'll work. Back to the pharmacy to pick up the meds then home.

I worked on a clean-up project this morning. An old Quentin 5.25" computer disk drive. Those not interested in this kind of thing can stop reading now.

This particular drive survived a house fire back in 2001-2002. Mostly smoke and water damage. The electronics were trashed so I replaced the those with boards from an old Apple Disk II drive. I didn't know if it would work. It did. The Quentin is after all an Apple Disk II clone. That took care of the inside. Now for the nasty outside. Now I know there are some out there who don't want to see photos of this kind of thing so I'll post links to the photos.

In photo #1 you can see the drive pretty much as I got it. Brown, dirty, nasty, unpleasant to look at.

Fired damaged drive

I removed the shell from the drive. I then scrubbed the shell down with Krud Kutter on a paper towel to remove as much of the dirt and smoke damage as I could. I used a plastic bristle brush and some 91% alcohol to get off what was left then a little more Krud Kutter to do a final clean-up.

Cleaned Drive Shell

I then reassemble the drive and took the final photo. The drive looks and operates like it was brand new.

Reassembled Drive