The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 05-15-2014

KRM Wrote:Hi Blue, In case anyone was wondering I am still around. Just been setting up with a new to me laptop and learning how to deal with windows 8. Moving files and the like. Not a pro like RB with this stuff, But it sure was better in the older PCs than this TMI new age stuff.
I am getting there but windows 8 is for touch screens not laptops, Curse

Supposedly cured in v8.1 - mind I'm still an XP user!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-15-2014

shortliner Wrote:
KRM Wrote:Hi Blue, In case anyone was wondering I am still around. Just been setting up with a new to me laptop and learning how to deal with windows 8. Moving files and the like. Not a pro like RB with this stuff, But it sure was better in the older PCs than this TMI new age stuff.

No it isn't I have 8.1 and its still a pain in the you know what and I have had it now about a year I think. not a lot going on here today. need to get moving and make something to eat as in breakfast
Will talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-15-2014

shortliner Wrote:

No, it isn't. 8.1 addressed some of the user complaints like no way to access the start screen or power down without going to the top or bottom of the right of the screen. Ver 8.1 puts a link icon for the start screen at the bottom left of the screen. A left click takes the user to the start screen, a right click brings up a menu that has a much better selection than the limited menu that pops out of the right side of the screen. It includes some of the features that a user of XP would be familiar with. But as far as correcting the problems of ver 8.0 it falls far short. And I have to agree with Kev that it's made for use with touch screens. I'm using it on a modern HP computer but my monitor is an old Mag DJ707 that's about twenty years old. Fortunately the computer came with an adapter plug that allows a standard SVGA monitor to be connected.

Good morning. It's 53° with 79% humidity. The high will be 75° and it'll be sunny.
[Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

I had a doctors appointment this morning but had to call in and reschedule it for a week from now. Couldn't get the van to start. Seems like the coil is having some kind of a fit as I can hear it pop or crack once in a while and it gets hot quick. I'll put the spare coil on it later and see what happens. I bet it'll start then. Right now I'm not getting my hands anywhere near that hot thing. I did that once already and had some nasty blisters to show for it. That was one time that I was glad I couldn't feel anything.

Being as my plan for the morning has been knocked into a cocked hat I now have no plans except to change the aforementioned coil later. Maybe I can watch some TV or a movie or I could tear down a loco and put it back together and see if I end up with any parts left over. A friend will be bringing me an Apple IIc to fix but that probably won't be until next week as he has a pretty ugly work schedule. Well(deep subject), I could pull an old Canadian made Apple II Plus compatible out of the closet and work on it for a while.

That's all for now. Be back later.

[Image: DSCN2336.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2310.jpg]

[Image: P1010750.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-15-2014

Well I was right! Changed out the coil on the van, cranked the engine, it turned over twice and fired right up.

Nothing else going on.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-15-2014

Good afternoon all.

Post storm status here wet and a bit on the cool side no major damage to speak of.

A pic of a water tower that I 3D printed took about 27 hours and 58 minuets from start to completion.

Very nice water tower!

Weather tonight is cool and clear. Temp is 48° with a 5mph southwest breeze. Changed the coil out on the van. Watched some TV. Did some minor work on a few computers, took all of thirty minutes. Cleaned up a couple of locos whether they needed it or not. That's all I did today.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010720.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2053.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3427.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-16-2014

Good morning. It's 57° with 91% humidity. The high will be 82°. A few clouds, lots of sun.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Not much planned today. I'm waiting on the call from the Home Health nurse. Other than that my day is open.

[Image: DSCN1956.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1965.jpg]

Video of my Athearn SW1500 undergoing testing.
[Image: th_DSCN1848.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-16-2014

good morning all. Triple-digit temps, single-digit humidity, tinder dry brush and high winds makes for a very bad situation when it comes to wildfires. I'm not talking Arizona right now, but they seem to be having a real mess on their hands in So. Cal. They say that 8 out of the 9 fires that they're fighting have "suspicious origins". Curse Curse I don't know how you prevent kooks from going around without regards to other people and their property, but there has to be a way to deal with these people and get them off the streets. That's one thing we fear here, that we'll have a rash of intentionally started fires. Everyone in the southwest need to be aware. My heart goes out to those living in those areas and to those that are fighting these fires.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-16-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 50s but I have my doubts. Frost advisory posted for tomorrow morning again with an overnight low projected to be in the low to mid 30s with light winds.

Not much going on around here. My big project for the last few days and again tomorrow is bringing in the plants at night and putting them out in the morning. Yesterday we had a high of 46 with rain and wind so I made a pot of chili and some cornbread. Tomorrow I hope to start sanding a dresser that My Fair Lady wants to refinish. Translation: she will tell me how she wants it done.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-16-2014

Hello Blue
We have cloudy skies and 47 degrees.
Had our annual eye exams this morning, she said see you next year.
Stopped for lunch then came home and cut the grass with slightly blurry eyes.
When my eyes clear up, I'll know if I cut our grass or the neighbors.
Some chat with the guys last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-16-2014

Good evening. 71° and mostly clear here. Looks like weekend will be a little cloudy and no rain.

I was without phone service for a little while today. My Magicjack crashed and was down for the count. I had to uninstall it, restart the computer and reinstall the Magicjack. It works OK now.

The van ran good today. It was just a couple of short trips. The first was this morning when I went to my fathers place to meet the Home Health nurse. The second was this afternoon when I went to get my mail.

Had some trouble with the front USB ports on the HP again. If the other USB ports start acting I'll have the main board that I salvaged from my old computer and put it into this one and install the drivers for it. If Windows 8 decides it doesn't like the 32 bit drivers it can be replaced with another version of Windows.

Gotta see about getting a big box to the post office tomorrow morning. It's supposedly open for a couple of hours on Saturday. If not I'll take it next week at my earliest convenience.

Did a little programming on the //e this evening. Nothing major, just bending a program to my will.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1817.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1854.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6196.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-17-2014

Morning all. Sunny and cooler. Busy day yesterday. Had 4.25 inches of rain from 2 PM the day before until 8 AM. Need to send it to CA.

Wifey and best bud going to visit another best bud down east [yes, near the farm] to shop till they drop. Coming back tomorrow. I'm baby sitting.

Since it has finally dried out some, mowing neighbors' yards and mine. Then set out more hot peppers and last of tomatoes in garden.

Town's free family night movie at the middle school football field [blow up screen].

Will pass through Golden Corral for early meal and donate to Camp Corral again.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-17-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have the usual cloudy skies and 45 degrees.
Not even thinking garden till the weather decides to be reasonable.
No special plans for the day. Enjoy your weekend.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-17-2014

Good morning. It's 65° with 89% humidity. The high will be 82° with a few clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

I may make it into town this morning to try and get a large package to the post office. Supposedly they're open for a few hours on Saturday. Failing that I'll have to take it sometime during the week.

No other plans for today so I'll just take it as it comes.

[Image: DSCN1672.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1683.jpg]

[Image: P1010582.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-17-2014

Good Saturday morning to you all. I hope your weekend is turning out to be a good one. For us here, it'll be in the triple-digits again, not unusual for us though. There are some in the country that are getting this kind of heat and aren't use to it this early, if at all. The California wildfires are all over our news here and TV stations have sent reporters there. I guess that's because there's some sort of bond between Arizona and the San Diego area. Over there, we are referred to as "Zonies"... A lot of people from here spend a lot of time over there, some even have summer houses there and are worried about these fires. I'm concerned and we neither have a house there nor do we go there on a regular basis like a lot of folks from here.

I wish them the best at fighting these fires and at prosecuting those who are responsible for setting them. I guess they do have a few in custody now.