The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-21-2014

Speaking of fires, the one up near Sedona has spread from 100 acres yesterday to 500 this morning and now it's at 5000 with 0% containment. Some 3000 people just south of Flagstaff have been notified of possible mandatory evacuation. The also said that it appears to have been started by someone, intentional or otherwise, they don't know yet. They're flying in hot shot crews from other states to help the local crews. We go up that route several times a year, just for the scenery. It just makes you sick to think about it all. :cry:

RB, glad things weren't worse, they do have a tendency to do that occasionally....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-21-2014

Today's activities have got me worn out. I have a doc appointment (follow-up) to go to in the morning.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010307.jpg]

[Image: P1010265.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6220.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-22-2014

Good morning all, I don't know much more about the fires up north, but from what they said yesterday, all of the air tankers and helicopters have been grounded because of the high winds. Not a good scene. There are still some 3000 people on alert for possible evacuation, most are in an area right off of I-17.

Down here, it'll be a nice day, below average temps and a great day to go out in the desert for some target shooting. Notice I never say, "target practice", because the way we shoot, practicing won't help us a bit. Nope Well, we're there for the fun of it anyway, no matter how bad we are. 357 There are those that are fanatical about their shooting, they have scopes and lasers to improve their accuracy and they have devices that they can use to calculate the velocity of the bullet leaving the gun so they can adjust the amount of powder by a grain or two when they reload their ammo. I guess it's nice to be able to say that, "I missed my target because there weren't enough grains of powder in my ammo." I once knew a guy that would count the number of BB's in his shotshells that he loaded for trap shooting. "Yeah, I didn't hit the bird because I only had 146 BB's in my shot." 35 For us, all this takes all the fun out of the sport.... For me, I missed my target because I was too shaky or just didn't aim right... :o 2285_ Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-22-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 67 degrees.
A trip to Kroger and a car wash took care of this morning.
A chat with some of the train forum guys last night, just misc. jabbering.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-22-2014

Good afternoon. It's 83° with 47% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

The appointment with the heart doc went well and I got a clean bill of health, at least for as healthy as a person with my problems can be. I got there at 10:17 and got out at 12:45. From there me, my father and step mother went to KFC for lunch. I limited myself to a small meal as their food tends to blow my blood sugar through the roof.

Today is my nieces birthday. We'll be going to a local Mexican restaurant for the birthday dinner this evening. My father and step mother won't be in attendance as he has a 4:30 appointment with the same doctor I went to see this morning.

On the computer front, I got the IIc's disk drive working again. The problem turned out to be a broken pin on the connector the ribbon cable connects to. A quick solder job and it was fixed. I left a post on my forum letting the owner know he can pick it up anytime.

The trailer still stinks of smoke and charred wires after yesterdays fire. The only harm I got is a minor first degree burn on my right hand suffered when I opened the oven door to put out the fire inside. It was hot enough that the revolving glass tray shattered and the coating on the cooking compartment walls was melting and the walls looked like they were buckling. At least I got five years out of it. It sure did a number on my lunch. The only part that was recognizable was the corn and that's only because some of it popped. The new unit is working great so far though the only thing it's cooked thus far is a bag of popcorn.

That's all for now.

[Image: P1010257.jpg]

[Image: P1010246.jpg]

[Image: P1010230.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-22-2014

WOW RB. Hope all goes OK after that.

Busy three days. Up at 5 and off the meetings until bedtime. Home now for a while.

Off tomorrow for a bad mole removal. Also two more places on my hand has to be cut. One new and one old [deeper cut this time]. Mole thingy is real surgery.

Just found "hidden" tick that had started swelling. Not good. I get ticks but not one stuck this long. Some may remember I have had some bad reactions to ticks [Lyme's]. Joints frozen up and could not walk or talk for days.

Check in later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-22-2014

Get it checked out chief to be safe. Not much going on here today actually kinda bored today. Well its about over and tomorrow I get my truck back 2285_ looking forward to that. Oh well notmuch else prayers for all that need them. Take care talk to oyu all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-22-2014

Good evening all.

Mail delivered some boxes and a CTT magazine today, one of the boxes contained a USPS truck in O scale, the other box from nmra had 2 hard back books one on the postwar freight cars and the other on freight yards and their operations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ammo hoarding was on the news here the latest reason for the shortage is hoarding and suppliers raw materials rising in price and production not keeping up with demand(according to the news .22 is the hardest to keep stocked).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB, I have not had a microwave fire yet but have had a few die on me. Take care of the burn.

Got 6 tomato plants so far all have blooms(ox heart and early girl variaties)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Got some reading to do, type at you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-22-2014

Been on the move today and not much of a chance to do much. Doc appointment this morning went well, then lunch at KFC with my father and step mother, a little time at home then off to my nieces birthday dinner at Las Margiritas restaurant this evening. Got home not too long ago and I'm tired.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010226.jpg]

[Image: P1010222.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6257-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-23-2014

Good morning. It's 68° with 100% humidity and fog. The high will be 88° with a few clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

A stainless steel microwave looks nice when it's clean but keeping it clean is a job in itself. Everything shows up on it and you could drive yourself crazy trying to keep it looking nice. Good thing I didn't buy mine because of the way it looks. I bought it because of the low price and the brand name.

No plans for today. Currently I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse to call (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) so the wound vac dressing can be changed. Anything else will be taken (or ignored) as it comes.

[Image: P1010187.jpg]

[Image: P1010141.jpg]

[Image: P1010139.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-23-2014

Good morning all, as some of you noticed, we were down for a while, but Packy, bless his heart, got us back on-line before he was fully awake. It seems like he just needed to repair our database. We should not have lost any data though since he did not have to go back to an earlier version.

The start of a long weekend for most here in the US. The fire up near Sedona is going to crimp a lot of people's plans. Memorial Day weekend is when they usually open all of the campgrounds in Oak Creek Canyon. Not this year, they evacuated the few that were already open soon after the fire started. Most had to leave everything behind and just go. The smoke seems to be blowing north, so the Town of Sedona is clear, but still, you don't just go to Sedona, you have to go up 89A while you're there, and that road is closed to everyone right now. The fire is now pushing 8,000 acres, but they're saying that they are starting to get the upper hand on it, the winds are dying down and there's a chance of rain today. There are some 840 firefighters fighting this blaze and I wish each and every one of them that they are kept safe while they're up there, and that they're successful in containing this fire.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Brakie - 05-23-2014

Good Morning All.

As far as microwaves, I nuke a lot of my meals so,I wipe mine off after each use that way I can keep ahead of the game.

Modeling wise I'm checking the engines and cars I will use during the forth coming open house June 20 and the three day Antique Farm Machinery Show starting on the 26th and 2 weeks later the county fair whoop de do.

I also completed my plastic to metal wheel changed over except on the 19 cars that needs repaired and it may be months before I find the desire to fix those cars.

Slate Creek is up and running but,still no where close to making a public debut.

Have a good'un! Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-23-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 56 degrees.
Out early this morning for a hair cut and butane for the grill.
Couldn't get it refilled because of the past due build date.
So I had to pay more to get less at a gas station exchange.
Grass needs cutting but it can wait till later or even tomorrow.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-23-2014

Home. Bandaged right hand, several frozen spots on both hands [more had popped out] and a big bandage on right middle back. Can't bend over as it pulls bad. Have to squat to pick up things. No pain yet.

Sir J, take old tank as swap [my guy never checks them when you turn one in] and you end up with new one you can fill anywhere else.

Hope all are doing OK.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-23-2014

Chief that's what I did, but the exchange tanks are not filled all the way. However you do get a newer tank.
S.J.