The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 05-25-2014

Good early morning all, got up a bit early getting ready to go to work here in a bit.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-25-2014

Good morning. It's 69° with 99% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 90° and cloudy.
Morning: [Image: condmc-1.jpg] Afternoon: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Didn't get much sleep last night. The wound vac dressing failed just as I predicted. There were a high number of blockage alerts, low pressure warnings and insufficient seal warnings. I stopped counting at forty-one. Finally at 6:38 I said the heck with it and peeled it off and replaced it with a standard dressing. The bad thing about this is the nurse that put it on has twenty years experience putting on wound vac dressings. I think she needs to take a refresher course.

No plans for today. I'll probably play a game or two of Starfleet1 and watch some movies. I'll likely squeeze a nap in somewhere. Tired as I am I don't want to do anything that requires me to be alert.

[Image: P1010064.jpg]

[Image: P1010065.jpg]

[Image: P1010013.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-25-2014

Morning all. Sunny and low humidity. Beautiful day.

Off to ACE in a few. Pick up some items on sale, Then she is going to her Mom and Dad's to do a small garden. I will drive down to SIL's next door later for a hot dogs and hamburgers cookout.

Getting ready for the Dixie Hosta Society buses to roll into the Main Street Park early Friday morning. They will walk across the street to tour Wifey's gardens. Thursday and Friday will be dedicated to getting ready for that.

I plan on doing another Golden Corral night and give them a big donation for Camp Corral.

Bad news out of CA. One Dad blaming NRA. I thought CA had some of the strictest gun laws. OH, I guess they are going to outlaw knives too. CBS down played the stabbings.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-25-2014

Good morning all. Today they're forecasting normal temps. There was a chance of rain, but so slight it wasn't worth consideration. I ignore any forecast that calls for less than 40% chance of rain, because it just doesn't happen. Nope

They're still battling that fire up north, only 5% contained and now at about 12,000 acres. No structures lost so far, and all evacuation orders are suppose to be lifted tomorrow. This may be Arizona and a large part of our state is hot desert, but up north, we have the largest Ponderosa Pine forest in the nation.

Have a great day... 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-25-2014

Hello Blue
We have sun and 79 degrees.
Tired today, cut grass and got patio ready for summer yesterday.
Still have flowers to plant but it might not get done today.
Enjoy your holiday
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-25-2014

Well if watching movies and playing computer games is keeping busy then I've been busy. I made copies of a few hard to find program disks for the //e. Other than that there was nothing going on today. Kept dinner simple. Beef Rice-A-Roni.

I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm calling it a night a bit early. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010010.jpg]

[Image: P1012847-2.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6305.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-26-2014

Salute to all my fellow Vets and especially those who gave it all. Beautiful day out. Sunny and warm with low humidity [unusual for us]. Planted last pepper plant. Had and back doing great. Off to big Flea Market at State Fair Grounds with Wifey [haven't been in years]. Come home and water [yes after all the rain we HAD]. Mow and head to the lake house to mow tomorrow. Come home to help ready yards for the big garden tour. Hope all are doing fine. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-26-2014

Good Morning Blue............ Memorial day 2014
We have sun and 70 degrees, 84 by afternoon.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and remembers what this holiday is for.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-26-2014

Good morning and a very pleasant day. It is Memorial Day here in the US, but I think just about everyone on our planet will pause to remember our fallen heroes. There is no better definition of a hero than for those that have given their all for the sake of our freedom. Heroes and not ballplayers, race car drivers, singers, rap stars or actors. They are people to admire if that's your choice, but to call them heroes just takes away from those who truly are.

Packey (Pat), our webmaster and my son has a cartoon strip that he publishes called Flatt Bear. I'm linking to the one for today, it speaks for those who cannot.

[Image: 2014-05-26-Memorial-Day-2014.png]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-26-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 93% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. Other than that I have no plans for today. I got some good sleep last night so I'm feeling better today.

[Image: P1012837.jpg]

[Image: P1012832.jpg]

[Image: P1012819.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 05-26-2014

This is one picture I can never get out of my mind. God bless them all.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 05-26-2014

Happy memorial Day to all who have serve with me in peace and war and all who serve before and after me.
Afternoon all today has been a lazy day so far. Went to the store for a couple of items. Some soda and hotdogs and buns waited till today as they where giving a 10% today to all military past & present. so on top of there sales I still got another 10% off.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-26-2014

Good evening. It's a pleasant 78° outside but it's clouding up. We have a small chance of rain tonight and it's looking like we may get soaked tomorrow.

The Home Health nurse didn't show up til almost noon. She was one of the better ones and did a very good on the wound vac dressing. I only had to seal off one leak and that one wasn't her fault. It was mine.

Been watching some old James Bond movies today. Never say never again, Moonraker, Live and let die, From Russia with love. I like the old ones better than the newer ones. Gonna watch some original Star Trek tonight.

My friend came by and picked up the Apple IIc. I tested the unit for him so he could see it's working like it's supposed to then copied some diagnostic software and a DOS pack to run on it. I told him any time he wants to get rid of it he knows where I am. That's not likely to happen. It has a lot of sentimental value to him.

[Image: P1012821.jpg]

[Image: P1012781.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6311.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-27-2014

Good morning everyone. It's been a quiet Memorial Day holiday here, no grilling hamburgers or hotdogs, no backyard parties or going up to the lake. It's been years since we did any of this, so we just took it easy for the whole weekend. Temps here are climbing, we should be pushing on 110 today, not a record, but it did bring on our first heat "weather alert"(the Weather Channel temp box on my taskbar turns red) because of it.

Take care and have a great day. 2285_ 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-27-2014

On the last day of my 4 day weekend.... I got a lot done since Saturday. Visited a yard sale - received a 2-4-0 Rogers steam engine and tender in the mail that I bought for a friend on e-bay - drove about 100 miles round trip so he could get his motorcycle from his girlfriends house, so he could ride it. Watched some car TV shows and both the races, of course. We detached the convertible roof pistons from the Mustang's roof, so now at least we can put it up & down. The darn thing hsn't worked in 3 years.. So now at least we can enjoy it again.

I went geocaching and I didn't find the cache, but this is where it is attached to..... We both looked for about 20 minutes and we didn't find it. it's too small - maybe the size if a little finger. Sad Sad Maybe next time.......