The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-31-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 65 degrees, Hi 70s for the day.
A gathering today with our kids and my sisters 3 daughters and their clan, it will be good to see them but I'm expecting some sadness as they still miss their mother.
No train news this morning, enjoy the last day of May.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-31-2014

Got more thunderstorms going through. Right now it's a light rain but I can hear the thunder in the distance and where's there's thunder there's lightning and usually heavy rain. Radar shows that one cell has already passed through here and there's more heavy clouds down in south Louisiana heading this way with a good possibility of becoming more thunderstorms.

Did a little weathering on an old Athearn tank car. A little dirt, a little rust, an accent here and there.

[Image: DSCN6332.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 05-31-2014

I found out today that I have a house guest. A Carolina anole lizard also known as a chameleon because of it's ability to change from green to brown for camouflage. It should help put a little dent in the number of flies in here. But if I find it on any of my computers or trains it's getting evicted provided I can catch it. I used to be able to catch these things all day long with no problem but that was when I was twelve. I could move a lot faster then than I can now. When I saw the thing it was laying on top of the cable modem. Getting warm most likely. I keep it 70-75° in here year round. The modem belongs to the cable company so I'm not too concerned about it.

Now wouldn't you know, we have another thunderstorm coming through. I can hear the rain hitting the roof now and the thunder is getting louder every minute. I'm gonna have to get off soon anyway so it's time I call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010008-13.jpg]

Farmer Brown got lucky!
[Image: P1010001-55.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6307.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-01-2014

Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is full of good things. It's getting to look a lot like summer here, we're pushing 110 all this week and next, a good ten degrees above normal. I wouldn't mind so much, but the A/C in our SUV is acting up. Around here, that's a bad thing. Also not a good thing will be our power bill which should jump to $300 or more starting this month.... Yeah, it is June already, I still wonder what happened to February, March and April. At this rate, we'll be in the Christmas season in no time flat. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 06-01-2014

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is full of good things. It's getting to look a lot like summer here, we're pushing 110 all this week and next, a good ten degrees above normal. I wouldn't mind so much, but the A/C in our SUV is acting up. Around here, that's a bad thing. Also not a good thing will be our power bill which should jump to $300 or more starting this month.... Yeah, it is June already, I still wonder what happened to February, March and April. At this rate, we'll be in the Christmas season in no time flat. :o

Not sure of your age...but that's one of the symptoms of growing old(er)...Seems like you wake up on Monday and before you know it, you're hitting the sack on Friday night...And you're not sure of what you did in between Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-01-2014

Good morning. It's 71° with 99% humidity. The high will be 85°. It's gray and cloudy and there's a fair chance for rain and thunderstorms.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

I think I'm just going to watch some movies and some original Star Trek today. If I get bored with that I can pull out another freight car and weather it a bit.

[Image: P1010001-54.jpg]

[Image: P1010005-24.jpg]

Click for video
[Image: th_MPG_0001-3.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-01-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 69 degrees. Another beautiful day.
A graduation party near Saginaw Mi. yesterday gave us a chance to visit with my sisters 3 daughters and most of their families.
I was tired last night but it was a happy tired.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Steamtrains Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is full of good things. It's getting to look a lot like summer here, we're pushing 110 all this week and next, a good ten degrees above normal. I wouldn't mind so much, but the A/C in our SUV is acting up. Around here, that's a bad thing. Also not a good thing will be our power bill which should jump to $300 or more starting this month.... Yeah, it is June already, I still wonder what happened to February, March and April. At this rate, we'll be in the Christmas season in no time flat. :o

Not sure of your age...but that's one of the symptoms of growing old(er)...Seems like you wake up on Monday and before you know it, you're hitting the sack on Friday night...And you're not sure of what you did in between Nope

Yeah Gus, this does get worse as you get older. I'n not the oldest one here, but I'm pretty darn close to it. Eek The explanation is that when you are young, a day is a larger part of your life than when you are old. A year to a ten-year old, is 10% of their life, a long time. To someone that is fifty, it becomes 2% of their life, and that number gets smaller as you get older. :cry: :cry:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-01-2014

Here's something that wasn't very common. An Apple Disk II drive with an Apple Platinum 5¼" disk drive cable. Only modification required was to cut the back of the case so the cable could be mounted. And yes, it works.

[Image: DSCN6345.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6352.jpg]

One the model train front I got one of the Varney F3A bodies cleaned up so it can eventually be repainted. A metal body gives more options as to what paint stripper can be used. In this case I used Klean-Strip Premium.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-01-2014

Afternoon all. Wifey's big Hosta garden show was yesterday. Folks from all over the SE USA came to see the gardens. Were we bushed [no pun intended] when it was over. Worked like horses for three days before. Then I had to stand and help host. Told stories of Mrs. Roles [the wife of person that started Rolesville] being buried in our front yard in the early 1800's. She [along with several others] were supposedly moved in 1940 when our house was built. Told of the tricks she plays on us now and then. Today, I finally got to Sunday School. This afternoon, digging post holes and putting up bird houses for Wifey. Now to stir a little soil in the garden around plants. We need some rain. Two weeks ago we were flooding.

Have a great week.

Just a quick update, but they say they're going to open Slide Rock Park today, that's where the fire started north of Sedona. That doesn't mean that the fire is out or fully contained, it just means that the fire has moved away from that area. That's where many of the people live that were evacuated. They're allowed to go home now, but may not have water or power yet since those infrastructures were destroyed as the fire passed through.

Incidentally, Slide Rock is an area where Oak Creek falls over some very large flat rocks and people just ride the current down the rock slide. We've driven by it many times but never tried it and doubt that we'll not be able to now even if we wanted to. Just getting into a bathing suite would be hard enough, never mind the bumpity-bump ride. :o

Checking out late tonight. I got tied up in a big battle in Startfleet1. I won. The Krellans are minus seventy-two vessels and the Zaldrons lost fourteen of their cloaked vessels.

I worked on a disk drive and stripped the metal body of a Varney F3A, watched some movies and got tied up in the aforementioned lengthy battle with the garbage of the universe. Other than that I accomplished nothing else today.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010007-17.jpg]

[Image: 270.jpg]

[Image: P1010023-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-02-2014

Good morning. It's 72° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88° and cloudy with a fair chance of rain and thunderstorms.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Got a doc appointment this morning but I won't be able to make it. Just went out to get the van started and the dang thing won't start. So I'm gonna have to call and reschedule. Murphy kicks me in the butt again!

No plans for today other than wait on the Home Health nurse and relax and get some rest. I already have a taker for the disk drive I modified. He'll come and pick it up at his convenience.

[Image: 2683.jpg]

[Image: P1010005-22.jpg]

[Image: squirellmassage1.gif]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-02-2014

Morning all. Been out tilling garden middles with small tiller. Was getting grassy. Now to dress and get ready for a full day of Mayoring. Hope all have a great week ahead. Get older this week. Wallbang

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-02-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Been out tilling garden middles with small tiller. Was getting grassy. Now to dress and get ready for a full day of Mayoring. Hope all have a great week ahead. Get older this week. Wallbang

Later

You were undressed when you were doing your garden work????? Eek You must have very understanding neighbors.... 357 357

Talk about the weather and confusion, we are at 72 degrees also, but that's about the 5:30 temp. We are also a bit below RB's humidity at 18%, but unlike his area, we are looking at our first 110+ day of this year. Now, I'm not sure about the temps or the record, the TV gal says it'll be 110 and match the record, while the Weather Channel says it'll get up to 111, but the record is 112. :? Regardless of who's right, it's going to be hot out. Icon_twisted