The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-02-2014

Good morning Blue
Spotty storms expected today. current temp is 72 and humid.
A day of rest yesterday, I was still tired from our trip on Saturday.
I am not getting any news about shipments to the store but this time of year things do slow down there.
We are expecting some rain today so I will just goof off.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-02-2014

ezdays Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning all. Been out tilling garden middles with small tiller. Was getting grassy. Now to dress and get ready for a full day of Mayoring. Hope all have a great week ahead. Get older this week. Wallbang

Later

You were undressed when you were doing your garden work????? Eek You must have very understanding neighbors.... 357 357

Talk about the weather and confusion, we are at 72 degrees also, but that's about the 5:30 temp. We are also a bit below RB's humidity at 18%, but unlike his area, we are looking at our first 110+ day of this year. Now, I'm not sure about the temps or the record, the TV gal says it'll be 110 and match the record, while the Weather Channel says it'll get up to 111, but the record is 112. :? Regardless of who's right, it's going to be hot out. Icon_twisted

EZdays he does things like that because he's mayor of the town he feels he can do as he wishes Icon_lol

Morning all not much going on today. Discovered I have some wasp to deal with tonight. Hope all doing well Time to go put some plants outside that the wife can't move as to heavy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-02-2014

Good evening all,

Have been doing as little as possible today took an unintended long nap, played Free Orion until went cross eyed and then spent time reading one of my 3 new Dilbert books. Dilbert comic strips are great fun and hold some truisms both about management and employees. I have worked with some personalities that are very similar to some of the strips characters.
Having been "Wally" the lazy engineer on occasion and having the training and degree to be the "pointy haired boss" I can see both sides of the work equation.

It rained off and on here that may have contributed to the long nap, I sleep easier when it is raining.

No progress on anything trains today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-02-2014

Not much accomplished today. I got the doc appointment moved to tomorrow morning. My sister will come pick me up in the morning and take me there, Afterward I'll call her and have her pick me up from the docs office and we'll go grocery shopping. It won't be much. Between my food stamps and what little I have left from my SSI I'll have about $78 to do my shopping with.

Today I made a special disk drive to test computers with. It's a drive controller card with an SDFloppy disk drive emulator attached via a pigtail cable. The SD card in the emulator contains all the test and diagnostic software I need. The card holds the equivalent of sixteen floppy disks of programs. Since I have two of these SDFloppy emulators (one from my niece, the other from my sister) I put one on my //e to save information to SD cards for archive storage and the other to create an aid in my tech work.

My friend with the IIc came by to get the disk drive I modified recently. He seems very happy with it.

[Image: P1010007-13.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6356.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6364.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-02-2014

Nope Days, had to shower and change into Mayor's Uniform [dress up].

All the Mayor's stuff over. Off to bed.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-03-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:Nope Days, had to shower and change into Mayor's Uniform [dress up].

All the Mayor's stuff over. Off to bed.

Sleep tight.

Glad you clarified that, the image of you running around a garden buck naked just didn't seem right... Nope

Well, yesterday we did hit 110 and tied the record high for that day. It'll be just as hot for the rest of this week and on into next week as well. Here we are at 4:30 in the morning (yes, I got up real early), and it's 79 degrees outside. We should be into the triple-digits by noon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-03-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 71 degrees.
No train news this morning, I'm just enjoying the nice summer weather.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-03-2014

Sunny and going into the 90's. Hope to have a T'shower today or tomorrow. Need rain bad. Chores and etc. Baby sitting niece and nephew this evening. Later

Just an update on the fires up north. The one near Sedona was 90% contained by yesterday. Some 23,000 acres were burned and there is still 200 firefighters on the scene (down from 1200 last week). There are several more wildfires burning in Arizona, one up at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. The heat, dry conditions, the wind and stupid people that don't pay attention to the fire warning signs does not make for a healthy fire season.

BTW, speaking of the heat, we are now at the time where we have many hikers that think they can outlast the desert heat and wind up being rescued instead. We had one rescue of a man who ran out of water on Saturday morning, they found him by late afternoon, but we still have one hiker missing on Camelback Mtn since Saturday. They had to suspend the search because of the heat yesterday. Hikers think that they can scoff at the heat, don't carry enough water and stray off the trails, often with disastrous results. From what they're saying, you should bring a half-gallon to a gallon of water for every hour you are hiking. Some people go on a two hour hike with just one or two bottles, other use a hydration backpack, but they only hold a few hours supply of water. I never heard of a camelbak (hydration backpack) until yesterday. Then again, I don't hike up mountains or go biking either.... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 06-03-2014

Yep - always treat Mother Nature with respect - she's a lot bigger and harder than you are!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-03-2014

Good morning. It's 82° and feels like 85°. The humidity is 66%. The high will be 90°, it's cloudy and there's a small chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Got the doc appointment out of the way. My sister dropped me off at the docs office and picked me up when I was finished there and we went to Wal-Mart to get the grocery shopping done. I spent $82 on groceries so now I'm officially flat broke. The appointment was for a general checkup, EKG and lab work (urine sample and feed the vampire).

I have no further plans for today. I'll just take or duck whatever comes along.

[Image: IMAG0003-10.jpg]

[Image: P1010003-35.jpg]

[Image: 252.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 06-03-2014

Well, Sunday the wife and I celebrated our 62nd anniversary. Surprisingly, we both decided to dine at Juicy's, a great hamburger place with great onion rings and delicious French Fries.

Yesterday I got news that I have an appointment in Dallas for my bladder cancer. I think that is when they decide on treatment or removal surgery. Either way, I hope I get to where I can get over 10 feet from the bathroom. I only go about 2 tbsp at a time, but 6 seconds notice is hardly enough time. After a while, these Depends get soggy and I have to change every so often, like a baby. However, I give thanks that I am mobile, and still able to get around. God is so good to me.

Lynn

yellowlynn Wrote:Well, Sunday the wife and I celebrated our 62nd anniversary. Surprisingly, we both decided to dine at Juicy's, a great hamburger place with great onion rings and delicious French Fries.

Yesterday I got news that I have an appointment in Dallas for my bladder cancer. I think that is when they decide on treatment or removal surgery. Either way, I hope I get to where I can get over 10 feet from the bathroom. I only go about 2 tbsp at a time, but 6 seconds notice is hardly enough time. After a while, these Depends get soggy and I have to change every so often, like a baby. However, I give thanks that I am mobile, and still able to get around. God is so good to me.

Lynn

Lynn,

Good luck, we wish you the best and hope that they can get you back on track. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

And congrats on your 62 anniversary, you don't see those kind of numbers anymore so this is great.... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-03-2014

Good luck Lynn.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-03-2014

Hang in there Lynn prayers are being said for your recovery to at least a semi normal life.