The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-03-2014

Lynn,

Hope and pray for a recovery.

Been another wasted day with a rumble thunder in the far off distance and a 20min power outage for no apparent reason no wind , no extreme heat and the briefest sprinkle of rain. Currently still sunny out and warm. Got a July MR magazine today everything else was junk mail.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-03-2014

AF350 Wrote:Got a July MR magazine today everything else was junk mail.
Downloaded my model railroad mag this morning. Model Railroad Hobbyist.

Running Bear Wrote:
AF350 Wrote:Got a July MR magazine today everything else was junk mail.
Downloaded my model railroad mag this morning. Model Railroad Hobbyist.

Yup the best free model railroad pub out there Cheers Thumbsup there is an O scale one out there as well I think it might be the O scale resource.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-03-2014

yellowlynn Wrote:Well, Sunday the wife and I celebrated our 62nd anniversary. Surprisingly, we both decided to dine at Juicy's, a great hamburger place with great onion rings and delicious French Fries. ...
Lynn
So you two don't always have anniversary dinner at the same place? Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-03-2014

Good evening. Haven't heard back from the docs office on the lab results. I'll call tomorrow and check it out.

I got very little done today. Did the grocery shopping this morning, did a little work on the //e and watched a couple of movies.

All the Apple software I copy mine from comes from a megarom file I downloaded from a computer forum last year. I don't want to lose this file so it's been copied to my external hard drive, several USB flash drives and all ten of the SD cards that I have my Apple software archived on. Unless something catastrophic happens I'm not gonna lose that file.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: 251.jpg]

I guess you could say I really like Tabasco. There's three bottles of original, one habanero and one jalapeno.
[Image: DSCN6366.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6375-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-04-2014

Well now that's it's officially 4 June I can now say 548 Waveof7 Chief

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-04-2014

Happy Birthday Chief!!
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7648">viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7648</a><!-- l -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-04-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s. We received about 3/4 inch of rain overnight.

Yesterday I finally got the outdoor track repaired. Some of the ties had separated from the rails. I had to remove two rail joiners, slide the tie strips off, and slide them back on. Fortunately the rail joiners were a screw type rather than soldered. Of course the problem was also right where I have the wires soldered to the track so I had to remove the wires before I could fix the track. After I was finished I got out the Afternoon Special and ran a few laps just to make sure all was well.

Today I need to get some Cutters spray put on the yard so reduce the bug population. Younger son is coming home this weekend and I'd like to be able to sit on the patio without providing a free meal for the local residents.

Last week at chemo the doctor gave My Fair Lady a new drug. It's normally used to treat certain types of breast and uterine cancer but it's primary side effect is weight gain. It will not have an effect on her cancer but the side effect is working very well. She is able to eat almost anything and in much larger portions than before.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-04-2014

Good morning. It's 71° with 100% humidity. The word for today is cloudy. No mention of rain. The high will be 88°.
Morning:[Image: condmc-1.jpg]. Later: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg].

No plans for today so I'll just be watching some movies and working on whatever strikes my interest. Right now I'm just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call.

[Image: 247.jpg]

[Image: 244.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-38.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 06-04-2014

David, moderato non mon troppo, (whatever that is), nope, we don't eat at the same place for our anniversaries. That would create some problems. The first 16 years, the USAF shipped us all over. Then after retirement, Houston (10 years) Seguin Tx (3yrs), Anniston, AL (7yrs), and now Whitehouse for 26 yrs. We just go to whatever place serves the best of what we are hungry for at the time. It would be nice to have a nostalgic place every year, but we just feel like we've got to be different; not weird, just different.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-04-2014

Good Morning Blue
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to da Chief.
We have clouds and 65 degrees. Showers expected later.
I just returned form some errands and can now settle into my usual routine.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 06-04-2014

RB...There is a gas station just like the one you posted on the road north from Brownsville to Corpus Christi.
It might not be operating any more...I haven't been up that way in some time...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-04-2014

Steamtrains Wrote:RB...There is a gas station just like the one you posted on the road north from Brownsville to Corpus Christi.
Who knows? It might be the one mine was modeled after.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-04-2014

Good afternoon. This is the first test of my system after having my cable modem go south... Got on line as usual this morning, then about halfway through the first page load it stopped. Rebooted everything several times, spent about a half-hour on the phone with a nice lady at Cox, and she thought that after seven years, I got my money's worth out of the old modem. Got me a brand-spanking new Netgear modem with all sorts of different lights. I'm not sure I care about any except the funny-looking green one that tells me I'm on line... Of course, it's not hard to tell when I'm not on line, Nope but I guess all the lights are important to somebody. Icon_lol

It's hot, hot, hot out and so the SUV goes into the shop tomorrow to have them look at the A/C. Just found one place in our neighborhood that was recommended on Click & Clack, so I'm going to give them a shot. Most reviews say that they are honest, reasonably priced and they do what they say they will when they say they will...

Ever since I got on-line, I've been getting these "excessive heat warnings". I guess it's not the 110 degree forecast as much as it is the 10 degrees about normal.