The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-07-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 69 degrees
Did some yard work yesterday, trimmed an evergreen and the lawn, today I will cut.
No toy train news at all.
S.J..

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-07-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 64 degrees this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be about 72 with a 50% chance of rain. IMO, there's always a 50% chance - either it will or it won't. Except for Don, of course. There's almost never a chance for rain where he lives. Big Grin

RB - back ups are nice. In the early days of home pc's (Win 3.1) I had a neighbor who was concerned about not having enough room on his computer and would randomly delete files. It got to the point where I kept an emergency start up disk labeled "Ken's Folly." About every three months I would get a call late in the evening pleading for help. About 15 minutes and a lecture would get him back on the road again.

Thursday afternoon I put some Cutters bug killer on the back yard while getting eaten alive. Yesterday I mowed the yard and didn't see a single bug. Not much planned for today. Our younger son is visiting for the weekend. He arrived about 10 last night. He and I sat and visited in the kitchen until 1:15 this morning. As I was going to bed my wife got up and went downstairs. She and our son sat for another two hours and talked. Needless to say we won't be seeing him any time soon.

My Fair Lady's new drug is really working. So far she has gained back two pounds. That's a major step forward as she was losing about 5 lbs every three weeks.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-07-2014

Well the Home Health nurse didn't show up until after 1pm and to top it off she was almost forty-five minutes later than the latest time she told me on the phone. But she did get the new dressing put on with a bit of help from me. Not much else has been accomplished today. I watched a couple of movies and got in a short game of Startfleet1.

Went into the closet and pulled out a disk drive that needs some attention. It'll work fine for a while then suddenly go off track. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the tracking drum or maybe with the stepper motor. Either one could cause the problem. I'll know after I open it up and test it.

Don't really feel like working on any model railroad stuff today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-07-2014

Home again. Mowed and that was it. Rested up. OH, did have to help work on dock as soon as I got there yesterday.

Hot and humid. Rain the other day is making garden grown. Grass here now.

Off to family night movie at middle school football field.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-07-2014

Figured out the problem with the disk drive. I was right in thinking that it was being caused by the stepper motor but it wasn't due to a problem with the motor. The problem was a loose connection in the plug that connects to the analog control board. A simple fix but finding it wasn't easy. Just trial and error.

The wound vac dressing is holding up well. I just hope it holds out for the rest of the weekend. At least it's supposed to be nice weather.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6408-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010020-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010003-25.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-08-2014

good morning. It's 75° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92° and there's a small chance for rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Not much I'm wanting to do today. I think I'll just watch some movies and see what comes along.

[Image: P101000-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-28.jpg]

[Image: P1010003-23.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-08-2014

Good morning all. Another Sunday is upon us, I hope it's a nice one for everyone. It was nice going out to the desert early yesterday. We decided to shoot first, then have breakfast so we made it to the range before 7:00. That worked out great since it was still in the low 90's when we were packing up, although holding off eating that late wasn't the best thing to do either. Still, we always have a good time target shooting.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-08-2014

Morning all. Sunny and real warm. Got HS graduation tonight. Have to dress up, drive in to convention center and sit on stage. Icon_lol
Daz, glad you had a good shoot. What I need to do.
Hope all have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-08-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have lite rain and 61 degrees
I got the grass cut yesterday so this rain is perfect for the grass and garden.
I guess the toy train world is in it's summer vacation mode as I have no news from the store.
May is gone and a week of June has passed, better enjoy summer now. I know I will.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-08-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool but warming rapidly.. Our overnight low was 52 at about 7 but it's already up to 66 with a predicted high in the mid 70s.

It looks to be a quiet day today. Our son is planning to leave around noon and the only activity left on the schedule is a Formula One race at 1 o'clock. Tomorrow it's back top the daily grind of doing whatever we want.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-08-2014

Chief Eagles Wrote:... Daz, glad you had a good shoot. What I need to do.
Hope all have a great week.

Yeah, we all need to do that once in a while. It's surprising just how many of your aggressions get released that way. We had some golf balls one day and used them as targets at around 50-75 feet and it was fun watching them jump and roll, so we've been doing that every time we go out. The problem is that sometimes if you hit close enough, they would still jump around, so this time we made it a bit harder by suspending them in the air on a piece of heavy wire. They don't move now unless you get a good hit. Can you imagine, shooting a magazine of 9MM (about $5.00 worth of ammo) just to hit one or two of those little suckers....
2285_ Shoot

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-08-2014

Evening blue just to let you know I have been in reading a couple of times a day but just haven't felt like posting and not just here other forums also. I get like this and feel bad about it but I just can't bring my self to sit down and post.

Kev I had a big post to you on the other site but removed it I was kinda teed off about your rant about D-day but won't get into it here ( besides all is good now) with me It's my PTSD not that I don't think about them.

Was a so-so day at the flea market but that's about it I might get a job building a shelf layout for this guy that wants one in his upstairs to his garage. Time will tell.

Hope all had a good weekend talk to you all later and hopefully not as long of not posting

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-08-2014

I'm going to the Eye and Laser Center in town tomorrow to get my eyes checked. They seem to be hurting a bit or than usual. It's probably nothing more than my allergy symptoms but better safe than sorry.

Not much done today. Met the new next door neighbor. Names Ken. Turns out he's a volunteer firefighter at the Sundown Fire Dept so we have something in common. I told him he also has something in common with my van. Their the same age. He's in a lot better shape though.

Watched a couple of movies today and a couple of Mythbusters episodes. Also played a couple of games of Starfleet 1. Won one outright and just got through by the skin of my teeth on the other one.

That's it for today so I'll be calling it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

[Image: P1010004-17.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-26.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5733.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-08-2014

Hey all, was a short shift tonight never a dull moment at work today. I did sneak in some train time this afternoon before going to work.

Day started out cool and rain early in the morning.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-09-2014

Good morning. It's 72° with 98% humidity. The high will be 88° with an average to fair chance of showers and thunder boomers.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

I have an 8:15 appointment this morning at the Alexandria Eye and Laser Center in Leesville to have my eyes checked out. They've been hurting a bit more than usual for this time of year. Usually they just have an itching feeling and a slight ache. Lately they feel like their somewhat tender and hurt a bit when I blink and my vision is a bit fuzzy. I had to take a couple of oxycodone tablets so I could get some sleep. Even then I only got about three hours. Right now they feel good and my vision is clear. This eye exam is just a better safe than sorry measure.

I have no other plans for today.

[Image: P1010002-18.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-17.jpg]

[Image: P101004.jpg]