The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-09-2014

Good Monday morning everyone, as some say, "we're off to the races,... the rat races so to speak". I never felt that way about my jobs, for the most part, I loved what I did for a living, and the few times I didn't, I moved on. I've been retired for well over ten years now, and I still occasionally yearn for going back to work. I guess I seemed to have more free time during those days than I do now. A lot of you that are retired will agree with me on that.

Temps looking like 110+ for the next few days, not a record for today, but pushing it for tomorrow... well, that all depends. I discovered where my discrepancies are in the differences between the TV forecasts and what I get on the Weather Channel app. They're forecasting for Phoenix, I'm looking at where I live, a good 30 miles from where Phoenix has their weather station. 35 So today in Phoenix, they could have a record high, but for Surprise, AZ, we won't. The reverse is true for tomorrow.

Have a great week.. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-09-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have bright sun and 64 degrees
We had a quiet Sunday and an evening of TV then chat with some of the train guys.
Nothing on my to-do list for today but I know the word groceries will come up at least once this week.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-09-2014

Morning. Cloudy and hot. Hope to get rain this afternoon. Off to Dr. this afternoon. Incision giving problems. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-09-2014

Good morning. The eye exam went very well. The doc assures me that the discomfort I'm experiencing is due to pollen related allergies. My eyes are fine. In fact much of the diabetes related damage that there was at the exam last year has healed and there's very little damage now. While I was at it I had her do a complete eye exam and got my prescription updated.

I also paid my phone bill. It was a whopping $30 for the entire year. The Magicjack is the perfect home phone system for me. It couldn't be any simpler to use. Plug it into a USB port then plug my phone into it and start making calls. All my calls in the US (including Alaska, Hawaii, territories) and Canada are free and I have many of the features of the more expensive VOIP plans. Call forwarding, free pinless conference calls, call waiting, caller ID, voice-mail via email and more. Can't beat that with a stick.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 06-09-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Good morning. The eye exam went very well. The doc assures me that the discomfort I'm experiencing is due to pollen related allergies. My eyes are fine. In fact much of the diabetes related damage that there was at the exam last year has healed and there's very little damage now. While I was at it I had her do a complete eye exam and got my prescription updated.
I also paid my phone bill. It was a whopping $30 for the entire year. The Magicjack is the perfect home phone system for me. It couldn't be any simpler to use. Plug it into a USB port then plug my phone into it and start making calls. All my calls in the US (including Alaska, Hawaii, territories) and Canada are free and I have many of the features of the more expensive VOIP plans. Call forwarding, free pinless conference calls, call waiting, caller ID, voice-mail via email and more. Can't beat that with a stick.

Every once in a great while, "good news" happens - - - - and every once in a greater while, I "become aware that it has". Big Grin
Just wanted to say Thanks for sharing some good news.
Hope things continue to go well, and get better. Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-09-2014

Afternoon.

SIL gave me this for my B'day. Hung it at the Train Box door.

[Image: ry%3D400]

Wifey bought this to hang on Train Box side.

[Image: ry%3D400]

later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-09-2014

Good evening. The outside temp is 72 with off and on thundershowers. My eye exam went well. The diabetes damage that was detected last year has mostly healed. I had the doc update my prescription as I intend to get new glasses this year. The pair I have are at least several years old and while the left lens still sharpens the vision for that eye the right lens is woefully lacking.

A string of intense thunderstorms came through earlier and knocked the power out for only a few seconds around 2pm. However the cable was out until just about an hour ago. That means no internet service.

I had dinner at my fathers place today. Amish corn and chicken soup with Ritz crackers.

Couldn't get the wound vac dressing changed today due to the weather so that'll be done tomorrow. This dressing is a good one and is holding up well so there's no problem with that.

Nothing else done today except watching a couple of movies.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: Imag0003-5.jpg]

[Image: P1010004-8.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6063-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-10-2014

Good morning or should I say wet morning. It's 64° with 100% humidity. The high will be 85° with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Got woke up early this morning by a band of intense and dangerous thunderstorms moving through the area. The rain and effects were heavy but not quite to the point of being severe. I don't know how much rain we got but it was a lot. We're still getting some heavy rain here but the worst has passed.

So far the only two items on my list of things to do is to stay dry and wait on the Home Health nurse to call. My eyes still feel weird from being dilated yesterday and they're still somewhat sensitive to bright light. An item of good news is that I don't see any water seeping in around my bedroom window.

[Image: P1010003-15.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-13.jpg]

[Image: P1010003-13.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-10-2014

Good morning all, RB, I'd welcome getting woke up from a T'storm. Our time is coming, I hope.... Our official start of the monsoon season is this Sunday. It used to be that it wouldn't start until there were three consecutive days where the dew point was 55 or higher, but now, in all their wisdom, they've declared that it will start on June 15 every year now. The temperatures don't enter into their calculations, just moisture in the air. Don't ask me about what part humidity plays in this.

it's been a rough year so far, temps around 110, then the A/C went out in our SUV. It's running now for $700 in repairs. They yesterday, one of the A/C units in the house went out. We were lucky, someone showed up within about two hours and got us going for only another $350. Who knew that freon costs $75 a pound. :o Now I see why a lot of these snowbirds head back to their homes up north for the summer. We can't complain though, this is the first big maintenance bill we've had on this vehicle and it's almost eight years old. The house is about the same, we've been here ten years and this is only the second time we've had to have someone here for the A/C.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-10-2014

Morning all. Sunny and HOT and HUMID. Sky has to "crack" this afternoon. Cracked last night around 9. Good rain. Gardens are looking good. Rain at the farm per farmer and crops looking good too.

Did some chores. Too humid. Sweat in the shade. First big heat and humidity of the season. Will get use to it soon. Grass to mow.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-10-2014

Hello Blue
We have a cloudy 71 today, rain expected later.
Shopping all morning but no train news.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-10-2014

Well had 2 appointments today at the V.A. one for my feet and one with my case worker in psych clinic. ( she is so much help I can never thank her enough. ) when my psych Dr. retired after my first appointment with out mentioning it to me but they made an appointment for him and never canceled or informed me she stepped in and I feel I got more help from here than the 2 Dr. I have gotten since then ( went about a year before they got a Dr. to replace him any way my podiatry appointment was like 45 minutes late so when they called me told them I'm sorry but I can't keep it unless you can do what ever in 10 minutes as I have a psych appointment in 15 minutes and I do consider it more important at present as been having some ptsd issues I need to take care of. And she agreed so I was out of there. and kept my appointment and glad as it always help but I do have a regular psych appointment with Dr. the end of the month but think the way Katherine was talking he may be adjusting my med's a little after what our talk today. so what ever helps.
Noticed your a page ahead on my last post so said I need to get in here and post ( the above is why I miss at times like weeks that's why I said just didn't feel like posting anywhere)

Hope all been doing well I'm feeling somewhat better and should be reporting in more.
Talk to you all later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-10-2014

Good evening. It's a pleasant 73 here but at 75% the humidity is murder. No rain tonight. In fact no more rain until maybe Thursday.

The nurse arrived a little before noon today. She did a good job on the dressing. I think she'll be coming again on Thursday unless something comes up.

Other than that there hasn't been much going on here. We had a little rain, just enough to get my windshield wet. The internet service was up and down several times. Apparently they were working on the cable somewhere near here. I just laid back and watched a few movies. One of them was about an elderly ex-cat burglar who programmed his health care robot to help him pull off heists. That was sweet!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010003-14.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-9.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6345.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-11-2014

Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a nice day regardless of the heat. 54 years ago this day, my wife and I were married in a small town in Upstate New York. Time really has no meaning anymore, things that happened back then seem to have happened not that long ago. That's easier to do when your short-term memory has gone south... Icon_lol I've been creating a slideshow of our wedding from the 35MM slides that were taken that day, and it does bring back a lot of memories, especially looking at pictures of us before we had any wrinkles. 357 But anyway, we have a nice day planned, just the two of us. Thumbsup

They're saying that we should only get to about 105 today, but we're starting off really high. Right now it's 81 out and it's just a little after 5:00AM so I'm not sure whee that's going...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-11-2014

Good morning. It's 65°F with 97% humidity. The high will be 92°F.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

It was a quiet night here for a change. No rain, no thunder, no party down the road. I actually got six hours of sleep.

No plans for today. I'm pretty sure something will come along.

[Image: Imag0003-4.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-7.jpg]

[Image: P1010003-8.jpg]