The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-12-2014

Well afternoon painting the room got put on hold for a few days probably Monday as didn't run all the way out to Lowes to get a few things and I will be at Wal-Mart tomorrow and probably get it there and besides Lowes is just about a mile further down the road so may go there first then Wal-Mart for shopping would of done today but funds will be in bank tomorrow so couldn't do it today. Not much else going on today will get room completely prepped today wipe walls down, tape where I need to move desk away from wall so don't have to do that Monday. need to make some lunch first I guess. Talk to you all later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-12-2014

Good evening. It's a nice 79° here. However the sky is very cloudy so looking at the stars is out. Also the humidity is very high. At near 90% you'd feel wet all over. Speaking of wet we have a fair chance of overnight thunderstorms and showers. So a nice night out it ain't.

Got the wound vac dressing changed this morning and it was working well. I found a small leak in it and patched same. Now it's working great!

Took one of my Atlas FP7's off the display rack and tore it down for cleaning and inspection. Turns out it had some damage from the tree hit. One of the support arms that holds the front truck in place was broken off. I filed what was left of it off the truck, cut a piece of code 100 rail to fit and secured it in place with JB Weld. A short test run shows the loco runs as it should.

No computer work today with the minor exception of correcting a typo in one of the SD card archive listings.

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN6420.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6417.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6325-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Darkwing - 06-12-2014

Running Bear Wrote:Took one of my Atlas FP7's off the display rack and tore it down for cleaning and inspection. Turns out it had some damage from the tree hit. One of the support arms that holds the front truck in place was broken off. I filed what was left of it off the truck, cut a piece of code 100 rail to fit and secured it in place with JB Weld. A short test run shows the loco runs as it should.
How did you do that? I would have thrown it away.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-13-2014

Darkwing Wrote:How did you do that? I would have thrown it away.
Just like I said. I remove what little remained of the piece from the truck. I left the surface rough so the JB Weld would have something to bond to besides a smooth slippery surface. A section of code 100 rail was cut and shaped to fit then secured in place with the JB Weld. Nothing to it.

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. It'll be a little cooler today with a high of 88°. We have heavy (not dense) cloud cover with a fair chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond40.jpg]

Two items on the planned events chart today.

#1 Tear down two 70's era Atlas FP7's for cleaning and inspect for any hidden damage. That hidden surprise yesterday was quite a shock. I had to make that type of repair on one other Atlas loco and that was a few years ago on a GP40.

#2 Watch more movies.

Other than that I have nothing else planned.

[Image: P9120461.jpg]

[Image: P9120416.jpg]

[Image: P1010004-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 06-13-2014

Well, I took the day off work and had the branch removed from my roof - for $500. Probably a fair price. In the process, the power company guy fixed the feed to the house so that the lights will no longer flicker when the wind blows.

RB - I had the same happen to an Atlas FP7 I had as a kid. I tried in vain to glue something to fix that broken off piece. I'm glad you got it to work.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-13-2014

Morning all not a lot happening today waiting for the Queen Bee to get up so we can go grocery shopping. And we can stop by Lowes to get a couple of things. Hope all are having a good day on this Friday the 13th Will stop in later not a lot going on here yet time to make myself some breakfaast.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-13-2014

Morning all. Had showers off and on yesterday. Good for the growing garden and crops. May have some more today. Off Wifey to the gro to get Fathers' Day meal [tomorrow here] things. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-13-2014

Good morning everyone. Not a happy day for people in the Phoenix area, or the Catholic community as a whole. it seems that the other night, someone knocked on the door of a Catholic church in downtown Phoenix and when the priest opened the door, he was shot and didn't make it. A second priest was badly beaten and he's still in critical condition. This was the only church in the Phoenix area that said the mass in Latin, a throwback to pre-Vatican II days. It is strange, because the church we go to is closed for renovations for the summer, and this past weekend, I had thought that this coming Sunday we might go to mass at that church just to attend a Latin mass. This is something we've been wanting to do for some time now. I'm guessing that won't happen for a while now. And, no, they have not apprehended the culprit yet, but the have a bunch of leads to follow. The whole community, regardless of religion, is praying for these two priests and for the apprehension of the person who did this.

Temp-wise, we're into our 19th consecutive day of above average temperatures. That should change tomorrow and we'll be back to normal through the end of next week. Still no rain in the forecast though.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-13-2014

A good Friday the 13th to you Blue
We have sun and 66 degrees. breezy though.
Nothing new from the toy train world so I'm just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-13-2014

Good evening. We have a pleasant 71° here. Unfortunately there's a thunderstorm or two running around tonight.

Today I tore down, cleaned and inspected two Atlas FP7's. One had some slight damage. It has a PPW replacement motor in it. This motor got knocked loose and one of the drive shafts dropped out. This was easily corrected and the motor was secured with some super glue.

Later I typed in the listings for a few SD cards on the //e.

Other than that I watched a few movies.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010014.jpg]

[Image: P1010008.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6421.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 06-14-2014

Morning all getting ready to goto the flea market I'm just selling 3 more weekends counting this weekend.
Hope all are doing well I'm on the run so all have a good weekend

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-14-2014

Good morning. It's 69° with 93% humidity. The high will be 90° with a small chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call so the wound vac dressing can be changed. I don't have anything planned for today so I'll just take it as it comes.

Neglected to report yesterday that the disk drive cables I've been waiting on came in. I installed them in the converted Apple 5¼" drives. I slotted the back of the drives so the cables could go through without being twisted or rolled.
[Image: DSCN6437.jpg]

I guess later today I could work on more locos and watch a few more movies.

That's it for now. Be back later.

[Image: P1012720.jpg]

[Image: P1012698.jpg]

[Image: P1012676.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-14-2014

Morning. Busy today. Got Fathers' Day meal here at 2:30. Means I do a lot of the work. Will have Wifey's folks [SIL's and crews] and my two which means 20 or so. Wallbang

One good thing. Not as hot as last few days.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-14-2014

Good Morning Blue

This is FLAG DAY so get out there and do it.
We have sun and 57 degrees. The air from the north feels chilly but the sun is hot.
Today is our annual outdoor club meet and cookout at Charlies house. The last meet till September.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-14-2014

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, windy, and 70 degrees already this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s. Rain chance for tonight is 100% with a possible 1-2 inches.

So far today I've been to CVS to pick up a prescription for My Fair Lady and deposited a check in the bank. The agenda for the remainder of the day is unclear at this point but I may start working on the front porch. it is sorely in need of repainting but there's a lot of sanding and scraping before that can be done.

All stay safe.

Tom