The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-14-2014

Good morning, hope all is going well for you all this weekend. Today we start having normal temps for the next week or so, but here it is, 91 out and it's not even 10AM yet. They are warning us that we are in for a hard "monsoon" this year. It starts tomorrow, but I'm not sure how they can predict that it'll be a hard one, since those dust storms seem to come out of nowhere, and I've live here for well over 50 years and I've yet to hear anyone say that we're in for a dust storm this afternoon, or tomorrow,or just like they try to forecast the rain. You know one is about to hit when you see this huge wall of dust coming your way. It's time to make a mad dash for home or shelter when you see that coming. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-14-2014

ezdays Wrote:They are warning us that we are in for a hard "monsoon" this year. It starts tomorrow, but I'm not sure how they can predict that it'll be a hard one, since those dust storms seem to come out of nowhere, and I've live here for well over 50 years and I've yet to hear anyone say that we're in for a dust storm this afternoon, or tomorrow,or just like they try to forecast the rain.
First dust storm I remember was when we lived in El Paso in '69. They usually weren't too bad. That one left a ¼" of sand on the streets.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-14-2014

Good evening. Didn't do much today. Nurse didn't show up until after noon so wound vac dressing got changed about 1:45. Changed out a coupler on an FP7. Did a little work on a disk drive. Watched a few movies.

That's it.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012669.jpg]

[Image: P1012649.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6443.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-15-2014

Good morning,

Off to work in a few then Monday off back on Tuesday then off the rest of the week, I have a permanent part time job with a local newspaper fun stuff.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-15-2014

Good morning to everyone, and especially to all you dads out there:

HAPPY
FATHER'S
DAY
Today should be a pleasant one here, I can't tell what the forecast is because when I try to run the Weather Channel app, I'm getting a "unhandled exception" error in the Microsft.NET Framework. Wallbang Then if I click on "details", I see "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", something only the programs who wrote it knows what it means, and I can't be sure of that either Nope . Why can't they just say, "your program just crashed and we have no idea how to fix it, so just restart it and it'll be fine for a while"? 35 That's what I do anyway, just that I'd like to know what the problem is and what to do to fix it. That's not asking a lot, but then again, the program is free and they have no obligations to make it work right. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-15-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 90° with some clouds and a small chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

Today I'll be working on another loco. Haven't chosen it yet. I'll also watch some movies and play some 80's vintage computer games. I have nothing else planned but something will probably come up.

[Image: P1012694.jpg]

[Image: P1012665.jpg]

[Image: P1010047-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-15-2014

Morning all. Sunny and not as humid. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. Crowd finally left at 9:30 last night. Wallbang Resting today. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-15-2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Blue
We have bright sun and 65 degrees
Our annual outdoor club meet at Charlies was a big success as usual.
And my newest legacy Alco ran flawlessly.
So today will be some time and food with the kids and home by evening I hope.
Father or not everyone enjoy the day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-15-2014

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and windy this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s with clearing skies. Remember that 100% chance of 1-2 inches of rain yesterday? We didn't even get enough to float the visibility ring in the rain gauge. And we pay these people how much?

Not much planned for today other than wait for the kids' annual fathers day calls.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 06-15-2014

Worked on two locos this morning.

My Athearn SW1500 KCS 4331 needed a sideframe reattached as well as a ditch light put back in place.

And an Atlas FP7 that has an Atlas/Athearn hybrid drive. Athearn BB motor and shafts, Atlas trucks. Just a cleaning and inspection.

Computer-wise I copied all my SDFloppy II SD cards onto a DVD in 'Live File' format so I go back and change it later. It's labeled as 'SD Card Backup' and is stored away in one of the floppy disk storage boxes.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 06-15-2014

Interesting day at work,

14 hopper feeders were scheduled to work today only 12 of us showed up end result we had to feed 3 or 4 hoppers each where as we would normally feed 2 or 3 each that extra hopper can really give you a workout running up and down the machine as the hoppers are not always right next to each other. The machine I was on today has 44 stations 42 of which are hoppers, there are 3 other similar machines with half as many hoppers and an older machine that is a bit picky when it runs it is a pretty good day but some times it will not stay running . Today only the big machine was in use with a skeleton crew for 1st shift today. They are still looking to hire more hopper feeders so the work is there it just comes all at once and not much next day.

Missed another family cook out due to working 1st shift Sunday oh well would have ate too much anyway.

Good evening. It's 81°. There's a 20% chance of showers tonight.

To recap the days activities. I worked on two locos and made a backup DVD of my SDFloppy II SD cards. Other than that I watched some movies.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

An Atlas/Roco FP7 with an Athearn/Roco hybrid drive. Athearn motor and shafts, Roco frame and trucks.
[Image: DSCN6453.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6451.jpg]

[Image: P1010051.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-16-2014

Morning all. Hot, humid and sunny. Going to get worse as the week goes by. US Open for ladies is going to be horrible heat indices by then. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-16-2014

Good morning all, I hope you all had a nice weekend, especially all you dads. It's a bit chilly out there right now, only 70 and it's already 6:00. Today is an "average" day, 104, but come Wednesday, we're looking at 100. Don't know where all this cool air is coming from, but we'll take it.

Speaking of sports, am I wrong to wonder why they are still playing basketball and hockey in the middle of June? We have golf, soccer, baseball, tennis and even cricket, all summer sports, yet it seems like winter sports don't go away. I guess it's the same reason why we play the World Series in the snow sometimes.... 35 Yeah, I know, ticket and TV revenue seems to drive the need to stretch the sports seasons... Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-16-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny, humid morning with a temp of 77
We spent Sunday afternoon with the kids and the usual but always good summer food.
Two days in a row of outdoor summer food has left me with no chance of losing weight.
S.J.