The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-25-2013

Good morning folks, I've kind of stayed away for the past few days, a slight health issue made life miserable for a while, but as that guy on "Night Court" used to day, "I'm feeling much better now" Big Grin . Things like this happen when you get this old, parts wear out and there are things they can't fix or replace and you learn to live with them the way they are.

The rest of this week looks like temps in the low 100's, a bit below average, with 10-20% chances or rain everyday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Just a reminder folks, we will be shutting down starting tomorrow night so we can move to the new server over the weekend. When we reopen, you will not notice a difference, everything, except the chat room, will be just as it is now. We will come back on as soon as we can, that could be as early as Saturday morning or even sometime on Sunday. We will keep you informed on our Google group as we make progress. If you haven't already signed up, you can still do so here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://groups.google.com/group/big-blue-train-forum">http://groups.google.com/group/big-blue-train-forum</a><!-- m --> The fewer glitches we have, the sooner we come back on line.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-25-2013

Good morning. It's 74° with 98% humidity. The high will be 95° but will feel like 108°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Tried getting to sleep before 11pm last night but my body apparently had different ideas. So I was up until 2:45 this morning when for some reason I finally went to sleep. Woke up just after 6am so I'm not feeling my best this morning.

Yesterdays bad weather left quite a bit of damage in it's wake. There are some pretty good sized branches down in my yard. Maybe someday I'll be able to get the tractor in there and drag them out. No trees down, in my yard at least. I know somebody close by has at least one. I heard it fall. I haven't heard any talk of injuries or worse from the local gossip mill so that's good news so far.

Today I'll change out a few more chips in the IIe and move it further along to becoming an enhanced IIe. That'll allow me to use more of the Apple IIc and IIGS software on it with fewer compatibility issues.

No word back from the docs office on the results of my last cardiac stress test. He said they'd call if there were any concerns so for now no news is good news.

[Image: DSCN4438.jpg]

[Image: P1010776.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-25-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 65. 70s for the day.
We spent most of yesterday with my cousin and his wife. Headed out to ride a narrow gauge steam train but a couple of side trips off the interstate done us in.
Our downfall was a very large Christmas store that took the wives 3 hours to go through. By then we just headed back towards home. I still haven't read the new CTT, started but not read.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-25-2013

Morning gang. Early Human Services Board meeting. Now off to lake house to mow. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-25-2013

Well it took a bit of work but Apple IIe #1 is now an Enhanced Apple IIe. It now has the CMOS based 65C02 processor, a new character set for the text modes and the required firmware chips. Of the character ROM that was added thirty-two are 'mouse-text' characters, not that I'm going to be adding a mouse anytime soon. Back when I was using this computer for my business a mouse was something you killed. Some old text and speed problems with 80-column text have gone away as well. I now have the capability of running most if no all of the software developed for the Apple IIc and some of that for the IIGS as well more backward compatibility with the old Apple II software. I just checked and yes, I now get the Apple //e at the top of the startup screen instead of the generic Apple ][ that I was getting just this morning.

[Image: DSCN4441.jpg]
That right there makes all the work worth it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-25-2013

Good afternoon all, next week is another Sunday Monday and Tuesday 2nd shift work week. Got a pair of steel toed shoes and a pair of boots the shoes are much more bearable on the feet being the whole shift is a stand up job.

Got in the mail a NMRA magazine issue and the Atlas all scales catalog.

My laptop is on its last leg(video display issues) will get a new one soon and transfer over any important files if any before opening up the old laptop to see if it is any thing fixable Icon_lol Also have to try and find a replacement vid card for my back up pc.

Well by now you know I've upgraded IIe #1 into an Enhanced IIe. If I can get the pieces I need I'll upgrade it further to a Platinum IIe. No great change for that. Just a platinum color case with a IIGS keyboard and a couple of internal pieces. Then I can get started upgrading the other two IIe's. Talk about a long term project. Found another game in my collection that I haven't played in many years. Moonmist. I couldn't find the box that has the book and map so I downloaded the map and associated letters from the internet.

No news on the layout other than that it's a mess. There are a few items on Ebay I'm looking at getting.

Well that's all for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN2259.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-26-2013

Good morning. It's 76° with 95% humidity. It already feels like 84°. The high will be 95° and will feel like a mere 105°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

I feel rotten today. I've been awake since 2am and no matter what I did I couldn't get back to sleep. The hours of sleep I've gotten the past couple of days can be counted on one hand.

What's bad about that? Today is mowing day! I really don't feel like doing it but I promised my niece it would be done and I don't make a habit of breaking my promises. Yeah, I can do the job but I'm going to be completely wasted for the rest of the day. On the brighter side I should be able to get some sleep later.

[Image: DSCN4451.jpg]

[Image: P1010750.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-26-2013

Just a reminder folks, we will be shutting down sometime tonight so we can move to the new server over the weekend. When we reopen, you will not notice a difference, everything, except the chat room, will be just as it is now. We will come back on as soon as we can, that could be as early as Saturday morning or even sometime on Sunday. We will keep you informed on our Google group as we make progress. The fewer glitches we have, the sooner we come back on line.

If you haven't already signed up, you can still do so here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://groups.google.com/group/big-blue-train-forum">http://groups.google.com/group/big-blue-train-forum</a><!-- m --> That way you will be notified of any updates to the server status.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-26-2013

Hello Blue
The temp is 76 and a little cloudy.
A chat with some of the guys last night and shopping this morning brings you up to date.
Hmm new changes to the site. Well I hope we meet again.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-26-2013

Good morning all, yest, it's still morning here in Arizona. Humidity and dew points are high, and yes, we had a bit of rain this morning. The last few days we've heard of storms in parts of the valley, but we've gotten nothing, not even the dust part of the storm. Well, I wouldn't call this morning's rain a storm, but we did get wet enough to have puddles in the curbs.

Not much more to say, just that, like Mikey just announced, we will be shutting down later today so we can change servers. We're hoping to be back on the air by early Saturday.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-26-2013

Home from lake house. Wifey gone to Richmond VA area. Batching it. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-26-2013

I've been on the go all day and I'm just about dead. First there was breakfast with my father and step mother this morning. Then my father said we had to go to the pharmacy to pick up a few things the hospital called and said I needed. Things like Betadine and Cipro then over to Wal-Mart to get some things he needed. By the time we got back it's 12:30pm. The whole morning was shot! That meant I'd be mowing the grass in the afternoon sun in near 104 heat. Oh but it gets better! Now he wants help getting his tractor out. It has a dead battery and won't start even when jumped due to the fact gas isn't getting to the carb. So I help him push it out and set the jumper cables up. Finally I can my tractor out, gas it up and get to work. So for the next two and a half hours I cut the grass. No interruptions. I finish and put my tractor away and by now I'm dead on my feet. He wants me to help him with his tractor again. So far all he's been able to is get it to pop by priming the carb. It wouldn't stay running after that. To me it's the same old song again. Fuel filter or carb. I checked the fuel filter (had to take a bunch of stuff off the side of the engine to get to it, a Kohler naturally) by giving it the blow test. I got resistance so the filter was suspect. So off we (me, him and my step mother) go to Riverside Logging to get a new filter and he unbolted and disarmed his wallet and got a new battery for the tractor. It's been dead for two years. He just kept charging it with a battery charger when he wanted to use the tractor. I told him this new filter may fix it, it may not. The problem may be in the carb meaning the possible expenditure of more money that'll be wearing sunglasses due to not seeing the light of day for decades. Can anybody say cheapskate? He make Scrooge look like a drunk sailor. An upside to the trip to Riverside Logging was we stopped by Sonic for strawberry shakes. I finally got back home and I'm about to break into a pile of assorted parts on the floor.

Oh yeah, I got some info on the upcoming surgery. I go in on Aug 8th to have the prelim work done the back on Aug 12th for the surgery.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm wiped out and I am going to go crash somewhere, preferably on the bed.

[Image: DSCN2159.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4448.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-27-2013

Welcome folks to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigbluetrains.com">www.bigbluetrains.com</a><!-- w -->, our new domain name. Look up in announcements for any changes we'd like to you make in your browser's bookmarks. Other than not having an internal chat room, there is not change from when we shut down on Friday night. We thank you all for your patience. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-27-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's been raining off and on since early this morning in eastern Michigan. Right now the temp is 68 and that's about as warm as it's going to get until Monday.

A very special thanks to all who worked so hard to get the move completed. Cheers

Wednesday through Friday were spent in Niagara Falls, ONT. Absolutely stupendous. Rode the Maid of the Mist and took the walk behind the falls. The walk behind the falls does that quite literally. Someone bored a hole through the bedrock so that you are about 20 feet behind the water as it comes over the falls. Another part takes you to a platform that puts you less than 50 feet from the front of the falls. Truly an amazing experience. After we got off the Maid of the Mist my 87 year old mother -in-law was ready to get back on and go again.

Today is a down day. After that I'm not sure what's in store for us.

All stay safe.

Tom