The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-27-2013

Been a busy day so far. A trip to Wal-Mart to get seven boxes of 4x4 gauze pad, two rolls of masking tape and a 32oz bottle of 91% alcohol. Then a stop at the bank to make a deposit. Then set in on doing more work on the IIe. Changed out the black lettered keyboard with the white lettered keyboard from my mothers IIe. I can see the white letters easier. It's also the type keyboard mine came with originally. The computers case and the shells of the disk drives have been painted a brushed metallic color similar to that of the platinum model IIe. That's it for now.

[Image: DSCN4453.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-27-2013

WOO HOOOO!!!! The board is back up and
Dr. Frankendiesel is BACK!!!! Cheers

I'm Very Content!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 2285_ 2285_

Thank you - everyone for your patience!!!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-27-2013

Good evening all.

Finally got my 2013 On30 Annual issue, lots of cool narrow gauge stuff and how to articles.

Have not been able to move forward on projects lately due to stuff and the 3 day work week sometimes feels like 7 days. Still on 2nd shift Sunday Monday and Tuesday, the rest of the week important stuff comes up and has to be taken care of, I did get a haircut in the busy schedule on Friday but been too wet lately to cut grass.

I kinda fell off the diet wagon last week and trying to get back on(I have to stay away from the vending machines at work)

Glad to see the BIG BLUE is back online.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-27-2013

Hello Blue
Welcome back.
We had a cloudy 72 with some showers this afternoon.
No train news today.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-27-2013

Well I had to change back to a black lettered keyboard on the IIe. The reset button on the white lettered one wouldn't work. Didn't know if the button was defective or there was some conflict with the 65C02 processor. I put the suspect keyboard in a 6502 equipped chassis and tested it. Definitely a defective keyboard. Come to think of it that's exactly why I had the original keyboard in my Apple replaced back in 1986. Played a game of Starfleet1 this evening. I had to hunt down and destroy twenty-five enemy ships. The last one was a cloaked vessel. Kinda hard to find when you can't see them. I finally found the sucker and smoked him like a cheap cigar, but not before he did plenty of damage. The Galactica will be out of service for a while. No train news other than the layout is getting a mite dusty.

[Image: P1010648.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4320.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-27-2013

Eek 14195 bytes free.... State of the art, top of the line computing!!! Eek

Not too shabby Running Bear...

Yeah, not bad for a 1982 Apple IIe. I recently upgraded it to an Enhanced IIe so I can use software for the IIc and IIgs that wouldn't normally run on a IIe with a 6502 processor.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-28-2013

Good morning. It's 70° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 104°. There's a slight chance of showers this afternoon.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg][Image: cond20.jpg]

I've finally gotten what amounts to a good nights sleep for me. Close to seven hours. No plans for today. But I'm sure something will come up.

[Image: DSCN4243.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2068.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-28-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is a sunny 60, cooler today but warming during the week.
Yesterday was a quiet one after the morning errands and today looks the same.
No train news from the store, looks like anything new is sitting in a shipping box somewhere.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 07-28-2013

Running Bear Wrote:Yeah, not bad for a 1982 Apple IIe. I recently upgraded it to an Enhanced IIe so I can use software for the IIc and IIgs that wouldn't normally run on a IIe with a 6502 processor.

I had the notion that the Apples had ended with the IIc's...!! (My ol' man had one.) I never heard of a IIg. Do you have a pic and some more info..??

I had a couple of IIe's at work...Then we replaced them with PC's...Don't remember where the e's went to. Wish I had them back.... Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-28-2013

Good morning all. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We're a bit muggy around here, higher humidity than we'd like, and a dew point in the 60's. Temps for the next few days forecast to be in the now 100's, but pushing 110 by Wednesday.

I didn't think that Apple went past the IIe. We had two of them that we used to develop security systems. We only built one for a large mansion here in the Phoenix area, and that was never fully implemented when the owner went bankrupt. I sold them both along with external drives and other accessories shortly after that since we started using the Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 2. Those lasted a few years, but I can't remember if we had any left in stock. I probably sold them as well if we did. I see they're selling on eBay for about what I paid for them some 30 years ago.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-28-2013

Steamtrains Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Yeah, not bad for a 1982 Apple IIe. I recently upgraded it to an Enhanced IIe so I can use software for the IIc and IIgs that wouldn't normally run on a IIe with a 6502 processor.

I had the notion that the Apples had ended with the IIc's...!! (My ol' man had one.) I never heard of a IIg. Do you have a pic and some more info..??

I had a couple of IIe's at work...Then we replaced them with PC's...Don't remember where the e's went to. Wish I had them back.... Sad
The IIc only lasted four years. 1984 to 1988 and the IIgs came out in 1986 and was discontinued in 1992. The IIe outlasted them all. It came out in January 1983 (mine were special ordered in 82) and it was discontinued in Nov 1993, a run of almost eleven years. The IIgs was a super enhanced model in the Apple II line. It was equipped with the 65C816 processor, an enhanced version of the 65C02 used in the IIc and the enhanced and later IIe's. The IIgs was the first (as it turned out only) 16-bit Apple II series computer Apple offered. It was a radical departure from any previous Apple II. It had a true 16-bit architecture, higher processing speed, megabytes of RAM, graphical user interface, music synthesizer, a mouse and a separate keyboard. It maintained full backwards compatibility with the earlier Apple II's while blending the Apple II and Macintosh technology into one. With the companies increasing focus on the Macintosh (Mac) platform little attention was spared for the Apple II's and the last of the line was dropped in 1993. You can learn much more about the IIgs HERE.

Nothing much happened today. Tore down a disk drive, replaced the motor and reassembled it and put it back in service. This evening I went to KFC with my father and step mother. Now it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4468.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1998.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-28-2013

Late night post. Restful day. Tstorms headed this way. Western NC had some flooding. We had sunshine. Early coffee with Wake Medical Hospital rep. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-29-2013

Work went well until I cut the tip of my finger(minor cut) it went downhill from there but still learning the process but sometimes after a 7 hour shift I can not sit still I feel like I should still be moving and loading ads to be inserted into the newspaper bundles(a very low stress job)I feed a hopper sometimes 2 of them at a time, it is like a giant collator like in a printshop only it is for a newspaper and ads.

I think I will turn in here shortly, got home just before midnight have to do it 2 more times this week then I have 4 days off 2285_

Good night and early morning all.