The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-29-2013

Early morning for retired. Coffee with hospital rep. Then Verizon to talk phone service. I have it with them but the Town is now on contract. Cheaper on contract.

AF, dog gone!!!! Hope all gets better.

Have a good week all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-29-2013

AF350: Easy on the fingers there bud, you only get one set.

Good morning. It's 75° and already feels like 83°. The humidity is 98%. The high will be 95° but will feel like 104°.
Morning/afternoon [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] Evening [Image: condmc-1.jpg]

No plans for today except to stay inside where it's cool.

[Image: DSCN1965.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4481.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-29-2013

And a good morning to ya all. Just looking over the weather stats, and there's no rain in there until about Thursday. One thing that surprised me is that the record high for our city (Surprise, AZ) for today is 121° back in 1995. I haven't a clue where the weather station here is, I'm assuming somewhere close to City Hall. In Phoenix the weather stats are always taken at the airport. The record high for there today is 115. We live about 25 miles from there, as the crow flies... The only airports we have here in Surprise are an emergency landing strip for Luke AFB just to the north of us, and a small strip used to fly R/C planes. Surprise is on the landing approach to Luke, which is about 10 miles directly to the south. BTW, they are preparing Luke to have six squadrons of F-35's, the first in the country.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-29-2013

We have a cloudy 64 degrees.
Good Morning Blue
Granny is grandson sitting so no travel plans for this week.
Aches and pains today will keep me close to the couch. I'm hoping it's just the damp weather.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-29-2013

Other than having lunch at my fathers place nothing happened today. We had pinto beans, green beans, corn and cornbread. There was plenty of sausage, bacon and onion mixed in with the beans. I did play a round of Starfleet1. I came through it by the skin of my teeth.

It's still 87 here. Looking for a high of 98 tomorrow. Well, time to call it a night.

[Image: DSCN4487.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4177.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-30-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's clear and 57 degrees this morning in eastern Michigan. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s. It's been very cool and rainy for the last several days and it will be good to feel warm again.

We've been very busy with family activities for the last several days. Sunday church is pretty much an all day event. My brother-in-law is a pastor at one church and his wife is music director at another church so it makes for a very long day for them. Yesterday my brother-in-law and I took down a pine tree in our father-in-law's back yard. Most of it is cut up and we'll finish that task today.

Also in the agenda is getting his truck ready for our camping expedition next week (brakes, tires, alignment). Also still need to find a computer for my mother-in-law. She's whining because it's 7 years old and running slow. She said she wants a "good one" this time.

I'll write more when I know more.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-30-2013

Morning. Sunny and warm. Yesterday's forecast was for rain today and tomorrow. Now tomorrow and Thursday. Strange. Western NC flooded and we have no rain. "Runs" out before it gets here. Not much on the "menu" today [I hope]. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-30-2013

Good morning. It's 74° with 97% humidity. It feels like 81°. The high will be 95° with plenty of sunshine. It will probably feel like 103°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing much planned for today except to stay in where it's cool. I may go to my fathers place later and work on his tractor. He got a new fuel filter and battery for it and installed them. Problem is nothing happens when he turns the key. I'm thinking it's one of possibly three things. The starter relay is bad. The safety fuse is blown. The ignition switch is bad. Of those three replacing the fuse would be the easiest. If it's the relay I have a replacement that I got for the Peerless. If it turns out to be the ignition switch he'll have to get a new one to replace it.

[Image: DSCN4500.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4080.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-30-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is a sunny 65.
I'm just checking in, spent a lot of yesterday on the couch but I do have some errands to run this morning.
Grass is green and growing, usually by this time of year it is brown. It needs cutting but will have to wait.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-30-2013

Good morning. Not much going on this way, but trying to bear up to the really gross weather we're having. We're still in the low 100's with the possibility for going to 110 in a few days. Tomorrow should be a dozy, 108 predicted with 10% chance of rain.

Just to let you know, we had a very successful transition over the weekend with changing servers. We did an update of the software at the same time so we are left with a few glitches, a few features don't work right or are not there. We will deal with them as they show up, so if you find something that doesn't work like it used to, let Mikey (nguager), or myself know so we can deal with it.

One more thing, we do have a new domain name since the move to the new server. We are now, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigbluetrains.com">http://www.bigbluetrains.com</a><!-- m -->. We are asking you to use this new URL rather than the old one. You can still get here using the <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-gauge.net">http://www.the-gauge.net</a><!-- m -->, but one of these days that URL may just bring you to a page that tells you to use the new one, and so we urge you to change all your links for finding us. I posted a list of new links you can use to get to different pages here. That thread is here

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-30-2013

Got my fathers tractor fixed. Just a simple 20amp fuse. Took only a minute to change it out. Took almost forty-five minutes pulling the battery and battery box out and putting them back in. Got the fuse from the old Peerless tractor. You know, it's been sitting for over a year and the battery is still hot.

Other than getting my fathers tractor running today was fairly uneventful. There was one thing that made me jump. A chicken hawk slammed into one of my windows. I thought at first it was terminal for the hawk but it got up, stumbled around a bit then flew off going about as straight as a drunk driver on a texting binge. All my windows are Lexan so there was no harm there.

Well, time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN3891.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4308.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-31-2013

Good morning. It's 77° with 93% humidity. It feels like 86° already. The high will be 95° and will feel like 103°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Not feeling 100% this morning. A little dizzy and my balance is a bit off. It's like the room keeps tilting from one side to the other. Seems like a good idea to stay off my feet and watch the TV for a while. Good thing I had no plans.

[Image: DSCN4318.jpg]

[Image: P1012769.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-31-2013

Good Morning Blue.
We have a cloudy 73 this morning.
The man said rain today so I got out early and cut the grass.
No train news, everything seems to be summer quiet.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2013

Morning. Cloudy and probably rain later. Been relaxing with TV. Now to get busy. May help with the gun store today. Maybe short as main guys Grandmom is dying.

Just got off the phone with my forester. Folks really want your timber as now a shortage. Maybe some pulpwood and one tract of thinning.

Have a good one.