The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-06-2013

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-07-2013

Wake up, all is well with the world. it actually rained a bit yesterday. I think they said 0.03", but at least it was enough to get things wet. We have a lot of cactus in our yard, as does a lot of other people here, and you usually don't have to water them like you do bushes or trees. Whenever it rains, like a camel, they store as much water as they can, so that's one of the reasons we like to see it rain.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-07-2013

Good morning. It's 78 here. Looks like it'll be 99 this afternoon. Gonna be a bit busy today. My father and I will be going to Lowe's to get some things this morning then he has some plans that include my help later. Tracking shows that the memory card I ordered is coming today. Pizza for lunch today.

[Image: P2101909.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-07-2013

Morning. Sunny and rather warm [not quite like Days']. Mowing and a few chores. Then off to the lake house for a night and mowing. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-07-2013

Good Morning Blue
It's a humid 69 this morning.
The man said rain today so I got the grass cut yesterday evening. Still need to trim it, but it's not on my must do list.
A walk with granny this morning, but I don't know what the rest of today will bring.
A nice chat with some of the guys last night.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-07-2013

Went to my fathers place for lunch today. Sausage and pepperoni pizza. Pear preserves on toast afterward. We did some some on a plywood sliding panel that'll be put at the end of the hall where the hall opens onto his and my step-mothers room so I can have some degree of privacy while I'm living there. My room opens onto the hall between their room and the great room. The bathroom is right across the hall from my room. I'll probably be there from six to twelve weeks after my recovery from the surgery.

The 80 column/64k memory expander card I've been waiting on came today. It's a five chip model that came out in the late 80's (two chips for RAM, two for text/graphics and one control). It's about the size of a credit card. It's now installed in my enhanced Apple IIe. The older card I had in there previously, a ten chip model from the early 80's (eight for RAM, two for text/graphics, one for control) has been installed in a IIe that was rescued from a school. I still need a drive controller, CP/M card and a standard keyboard for that one.

[Image: DSCN4715.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-07-2013

Well won a submarine car on ebay back a few days ago but thought I messed up after winning as it had a repo box with it so thought it might have been the reissue one but it turns out the sub and the flatcar are postwar originals. ready to throw these glass into the road. I have new ones coming but like another 2 weeks from now. Been putting up with these broken glasses for like 2 months so far. Takes the V.A. like 2 to 3 months to get you in for a appointment then 3 weeks to get your glasses in after that Curse Any way not much else going on still waiting on a train set to come in and a couple of other things. Still bidding on an item tonigh also. Icon_lol Well you all have a good day talk to you all later

I'll be heading out tomorrow about noon for Oakdale to get my pre-admission stuff out of the way. I likely won't be back until late afternoon or early evening.

I did some more work on the new disk drives today. I put a clear coat on the shells and they now appear to have a hammered finish. They look really good.

Well that's all for tonight. See y'all in the morning.

[Image: P2071888.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4720.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-07-2013

Greetings, gang, from Sleeper State Park, MI.

Right now at 10:45 PM it's 70 degrees with 88% humidity. Overnight low is supposed to be around 60.

Had a thunderstorm move through the campground at about 5:30 this morning. Lots of noise, a pretty light show, and a fair amount of rain. Then the weather cleared and the temp rose to about 83. Really a nice day.

Tomorrow is a slack day - walk to the beach, hike in the woods, and sit around the campfire. Then on Friday we pack it all up and head back to Port Huron. Saturday is a 200 mile garage sale and on Sunday we head back to the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 2285_

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - thetramp - 08-07-2013

Good luck to you RB. Hope everything goes well for you. Will keep you in my prayers.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-07-2013

Nice timing Tom. We're in Port Huron tonight -- thunderstorms and very loud precipitation but now gone. Should be back home tomorrow.
Gas here is 20-25cents more than Traverse City.
Wonderful show from Garrison Keillor last night, the last one on his summer tour. He kept going for over 3 hours.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-08-2013

Good morning. It's 76° with 100% humidity. It feels like 87°. The high will be 99° and will feel like 107°. Lots of sunshine today.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing going on today except a trip to Oakdale to get a bunch of paperwork done and get any pre-op procedures out of the way.

Looks like it'll be good weather today and tomorrow but it appears the weekend might be a little bit wet.

No computer photo today. I wouldn't blame you if you're getting tired of those by now.

[Image: P2051872.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-08-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is 69 with clouds.
All that rain you Michigan visitors had missed us. Oh it went all around us, but missed. Wish the snow would do that.
This will not be a busy day, I just need to trim the grass. Usually this time of year it's brown by now but our twice than average rainfall this summer has kept it green and growing. Another evening chat with some of the guys finished my day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-08-2013

Good morning all. RB, good luck, we wish you the best, you are a brave soul for doing this, but it's easy to understand why.

Weather-wise, humidity and dew points are a bit lower, but still too high with the temps we're having. Forecast says around 105 until the weekend, and then we're pushing 110 again. That's our lot in life for this time of the year. Oh well, this will start to cool off around early October.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-08-2013

Best of Luck with everything RB!!