The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-10-2013

That's a shame that they were unable to break the record.. I bet it looked great seeing all the cabers flying at once though Smile Smile Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2013

Good morning all.

A pity I wasn't there to help out David, I've been known to "toss a few".... oh, telephone poles. Eek ... uh, forget it. :oops: I've see those guys that do that and they don't look anything like wimps or senior citizens, for which I am more qualified as being. Icon_lol

And for the weather here in the desert, we're looking at above normal temps, forecasting 110 by mid week. The humidity is still running around 20%, about twice what we normally have, but the dew point is in the mid-30's, so no rain or dust storms due for a while. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-10-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a temp of 66 and a Hi in the 70s today.
Much cooler than normal for this time of year, but comfortable.
Granny is out with her sisters today, going to visit their brother so she will have about a 300 mile round trip today.
I will go to grandsons Bday party, then come home and maybe sneak in a nap. Depending on what time it is.
No toy train news yesterday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-10-2013

Good morning. It's 81° with 85% humidity. The high will be 95° but will feel like 109°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

No plans for today other than recover from yesterday.

[Image: DSCN1469.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 08-10-2013

Best wishes for you Monday Jeffery. Will put you in Prayers tonight and tomorrow night as well. Not much going on here today. Just a quick stop by

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-10-2013

Today has been fairly restful. We got some rain this afternoon along with a bunch of lightning and thunder. Went into town this evening with my father and step-mother as we had dinner plans with other family members. Stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a couple cans of starting fluid for the van and a surge suppressor for the Apple computer in my room. My father says the grounding down there is good but I don't trust wiring I didn't see getting installed. Heck, I installed the wiring in my trailer and did a great job of it according to the electrician who inspected it. Even so I still use surge suppressors.

That's all for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4637.jpg]

[Image: P1012631.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-11-2013

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 95° (feel like 108°) and there's a fair chance of thunderstorms.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

It's Sunday! My last day of freedom for a while. Today I'll move some more stuff down to my fathers place and I'll set up the surge suppressor. I could let my father do it but he'll make a major operation out of it and still manage to screw it up. The outlet is behind a table leg so I got a suppressor that lays flat against the wall. It will cover the outlet and the cords will plug into the sides of it at up to a 90° angle relative to the wall. It's an RCA unit, only 1,200 joule but that should be sufficient for my needs. It has six outlets, three per side.

Tonight I'll be making preparations for leaving. Early tomorrow morning the a/c unit will be set to 81° to keep it a safe temperature in here for the electronics, the water heater and surge suppressor strips will be turned off and the water will be turned off. The only electric items that will be running will be the fridge, a/c, a small fan on the hallway ceiling and a small fan in the bedroom. The two fans are for air circulation.

Speaking of fans, the black IIe I have set up here has a DC case fan mounted in the case lid. It gets it's power from an outside power source. An old AT computer power supply I scrounged from a lightning blasted HP computer a neighbor gave me. The power supply box (it's fan is long gone) is open to the air so there's no danger of it overheating and as it's next to the back wall not much chance of arrant hands getting into it. The fan is powered from one of the 3.5" floppy power plugs. It's a somewhat wild setup but it works. I've used a similar setup to power the lights on my layout. The 5v side can pull a lot of lights. I had twenty-seven structures lit and that was with the small Christmas lights. Each structure had two lights connected in series so that was over fifty lights and they were on 24/7 for over ten years. So think about that before you toss that old AT computer power supply and those Christmas lights you don't use anymore. You can also use a more modern computer power supply but you'll probably have to wire a large resistor to it to put a load on it. Without a load it won't turn on.

[Image: DSCN4743.jpg]

[Image: P1012634.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-11-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is 67 with clouds. Only going into the 70s today. Comfortable but it should be close to 90 this time of year.
Makes me wonder about what winter might bring. Well granny and the car survived her 300 mile trip yesterday and I fumbled around the Grandsons birthday party.
As far as I know we have nothing going on today.
Jeffrey, we hope your surgery goes as planned and that you recover Quickly.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 08-11-2013

RB - Best wishes for your Op and recovery - looking forward to your return

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 08-11-2013

Jeffrey, my best wishes. We say in german "Ich drück Dir die Daumen"

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-11-2013

Good morning all. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, assuming that you've not been called into work. But then again, even if you are working, you should be enjoying what you're doing. 2285_

Weather-wise here, we're looking at yet another hot week with temps into the 110's... Not what we'd like, but that's what we trade for the pleasant winters.

Jeffery, good luck on you surgery tomorrow. We're all pulling for you and hope that everything is successful with a very speedy and quick recovery. Our prayers are with you.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-11-2013

Jeffrey - Best of luck tomorrow and a speedy recovery!!!!1

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-11-2013

The Apple IIe I have set up in my room at my fathers place. The table looks like it's bearing up well under the weight.

[Image: DSCN4747.jpg]

I did some work on the old Frankenstein computer I have in the office down there. It's slow but it gets me where I need to go on the net. I put that computer down there shortly after hurricane Rita blew through here in 2005. Today I put in a powered four port USB hub, an SD card reader and a four gig flash drive. That gets it kind'a caught up with what I have here. I also took one of my cameras down there along with a battery charger to keep the batteries up. Also taken down were my Dremel, Dremal bits and accessories, pliers, needle nose pliers, small wire snips, large wire snips, pair of scissors, wire stripper, assortment of screwdrivers, a meter, some toggle switches and a bit of wire.

I'll be leaving at 5am tomorrow.

Time for me to call it a night. I have to get up at 3am and be ready to go at 5am. Hopefully all will turn out for the good. I told my father today that I'm laying claim to my mothers power chair and he can't have it. It'll certainly make getting around the house a lot easier. It's been on charge steady since we put new batteries in it so it should be ready to go.

[Image: P1012571.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-11-2013

Greetings, gang.

RB - My wife and I wish you the very best on your surgery tomorrow and for a speedy recovery afterwards.

Right now it's 72 degrees with a thunderstorm in progress.

Well we're back from Michigan in one piece. Drove straight through. It took about 12 and a half hours. I got really tired in western Illinois but got my second wind after a nice meal at Outback.

That's about all for tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom