The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-16-2013

Hello Blue
The temp is a sunny 80 degrees.
We just spent a good part of today at an old fashion country fair. We have gone many times but it's always a fun way to spend the day.
Jeffrey you sound to be on good spirits, I hope the healing process goes quickly for you.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-16-2013

Back home from the big ride. All the way to Ft. Benning GA. Nephew graduated from Infantry School. Wife's side. Would think he was the first. Icon_lol Then down to visit a train buddy in Albany GA. It rained and flooded both places. Trip back was OK.

Glad to see Jeffrey is home and posting. Keep getting better.

Now to rest up from the trip. May be on another one tomorrow to Petersburg VA for Wife's nephew coming home on leave bar-be-que. :o Then sending him to up state NY. Icon_lol

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-16-2013

Good evening all,

Job is going good so far, new tires on truck, picked several Cherokee Purple tomatoes, Oxheart tomatoes just now turning red and I have a few small cucumbers on the vine.

Was going to go to a train festival in Willard Ohio next month but can not go as I have to take my parents to the union picnic on same day 35

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-16-2013

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN4742.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-17-2013

AF350 Wrote:Good evening all,

Job is going good so far, new tires on truck, picked several Cherokee Purple tomatoes, Oxheart tomatoes just now turning red and I have a few small cucumbers on the vine.

Was going to go to a train festival in Willard Ohio next month but can not go as I have to take my parents to the union picnic on same day 35
Great to hear it's going good for you Smile Smile

Wallbang That stuff happens here too, people are always scheduling other things on "train show" days Sad Sad Sad

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-17-2013

ngauger Wrote:
AF350 Wrote:Good evening all,

Great to hear it's going good for you Smile Smile

Wallbang That stuff happens here too, people are always scheduling other things on "train show" days Sad Sad Sad
I had things happen to me like that. Something coming up that I had an interest in and all of a sudden everybody has to schedule their stuff t the same time. Sometimes it seemed like a conspiracy.

Good morning. It's 65° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Already had breakfast and took my morning meds. Caregiver has been here and gone. Had her straighten up the bed. Had her help me get bathed and dressed and sent her on her way. Twenty minutes tops. I have no plans for today.

[Image: P1010732.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-17-2013

Rainy good morning here. Rains followed me home. Off to Hunters Haven and then north to Petersburg VA. Back tonight. May drive down east tomorrow for a family reunion. Seems I am living in a vehicle. Nope

Keep getting better Jeffrey.

Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-17-2013

Good morning Blue
We have sun and 70 degrees this morning.
I just finished a BLT with garden tomatoes. I don't consider store bought ones as being real. Yuck
No plans for today and only train news is one of the locals had a cancer operation yesterday and the news from the Doctor sounds good. I wish him all the best.
No I haven't forgot Jeffrey, he knows we are behind him all the way.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2013

Good morning all, hope everyone is having a fine weekend. Just a bit about the weather here, Phoenix tied a record yesterday at 113, just a bit too toasty, even for us old-timers. More in store for today with highs in the 110-114, so we could break a record today. They say there's a chance of rain for the next few days, but as far as I'm concerned, they might just as well forecast snow. Curse

SJ, I agree with you on tomatoes. Having been brought up in New Jersey, you get spoiled since even the store bought ones there were way above what you'd find elsewhere. That was before they started growing tomatoes so they can last almost forever, or that they gas green ones so they look ripe but aren't really. Icon_lol Here in Arizona, most of our tomatoes come from Mexico or California, and taste like cardboard. Even the fake ones you can buy at a craft store taste better than the ones at the grocery store. :o I'm jealous that you've got garden-grown tomatoes. No chance of doing that here though. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-17-2013

Been a somewhat busy day. Helped with folding laundry for a while then looked for a few things online. Cable went out at one point so I watched Tron (original) to pass the time. Now it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012698.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4712.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-18-2013

Good morning all, and a pleasant Sunday morning to you all. I gotta talk about the weather a bit though. Yesterday was a record 114 in Phoenix, and we're still in a excessive heat advisory for the next few days. Even though, we did have a storm come through last night, lots of wind and some rain. They're forecasting a 30% chance for today. Let's hope it does rain, right now it feels like you could cut the air with a knife. Icon_lol There's nothing like a hot, humid day to make you want to stay inside all day. Hey, maybe I'll get some work done on my orphan challenge. So far things haven't been that kind to me to allow me the time to do anything, and here we are down to the last four weeks before the end of the challenge. :o

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-18-2013

Good morning. It's 69° with 100% humidity. The high will be 90°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a very tiny chance of [Image: cond006.gif]

Not much going on today. I haven't had to use the pain meds for a day now so I guess that's a good sign. Next time the home health people come to change the dressing I'll be able to get another look at how well the wound is healing. I may do some work on the Apple IIe later today depending on how good I'm feeling.

[Image: P1012685.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 08-18-2013

It sounds like the healing process is moving along. Good luck RB. It sounds like you have everything well under control. You will be in great shape before too long.
Charlie

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-18-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 71 going to the low 80s today.
Yesterday was the annual Woodward Dream cruise, if you are a car nut it is a must see event.
You can search it online to get an idea whats it's like.
Don, a perfect description of store bought tomatoes, they are an insult to the tomato family.
The A/C has not been on here in over a week. We are just enjoying the fresh air with open windows.
Not to worry if the house starts getting too warm I will turn it on.
No train news this morning except our evening chat with some of the guys.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - GarryCBQ - 08-18-2013

Howdy .... I'm new to the forum. I tried to board this train several days ago, but had problems registering. .... Some might recognize me as "Heartland Division CB&Q" in the Model Railroader forum. .... Jeffrey Wimberly listed this forum as one to notify about his surgery. Crandell in the MR forum said he would pass the news about Jeff to you when I said I could not get here.

Today I received an email from this forum, and was able to board the train now. I'm glad Jeff's surgery went as well as could be expected, and I admire his couarge and determination. Many people could learn from his positive attitude.

About me and my layout. .... I live in KY. Prior to then it was MI and a bunch of other places before that. I live with "My Main Squeeze" and we have 5 adult kids with their spouses and a total of 6 grandkids. They live in other states. I grew up in IL watching CB&Q trains, and my layout therefore is a Burlington themed layout. My era is about 1962, but I do run a few steam locomotives as well as first generation diesels. I include GN, NP, and other roads.

Cheers everybody. Happy Model Railroading!