The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-21-2013

Afternoon. Been in meeting all morning. Cloudy. Grass will never dry to mow. Off to get new scope mounted on new Remington 700 in .308 I bought several months ago.

Kev, should buy that rifle. May become a collectors item.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-21-2013

Made a change on one of the Mitac drives today. I want to be able to write to permanently write protected disks without having to clip a write notch in them. So I put in a switch that allows me to switch between tab-enabled write protect and forced write enable. Right now it's in tab enabled mode.

[Image: DSCN4763.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-21-2013

Running Bear Wrote:Made a change on one of the Mitac drives today. I want to be able to write to permanently write protected disks without having to clip a write notch in them. So I put in a switch that allows me to switch between tab-enabled write protect and forced write enable. Right now it's in tab enabled mode.

That would have come in handy for Cassettes or VHS tapes!!! Smile Smile Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-21-2013

Floppy notching, I forgot all about that Icon_lol I used to have a notching tool I wonder If I still have it in the apple box of cables and books I have all the original apple II c documents only thing missing is the box it came in Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-21-2013

ngauger Wrote:
Running Bear Wrote:Made a change on one of the Mitac drives today. I want to be able to write to permanently write protected disks without having to clip a write notch in them. So I put in a switch that allows me to switch between tab-enabled write protect and forced write enable. Right now it's in tab enabled mode.

That would have come in handy for Cassettes or VHS tapes!!! Smile Smile Smile
It's not hard to wire a switch into a VCR to turn off the anti-erasure function. They still used a drop switch last time I looked in one.

AF350 Wrote:Floppy notching, I forgot all about that Icon_lol I used to have a notching tool I wonder If I still have it in the apple box of cables and books I have all the original apple II c documents only thing missing is the box it came in Icon_lol
Never had a IIc though I have used one from time to time.

Not much went on today. Other than working on the Mitac I watched some TV, played some pinball, had fried chicken for dinner and a slice of watermelon for dessert. I had to redress my leg as the bandage home health put on it last time came loose. Nothing to it. Played a game of Starfleet1 and got my head handed to me, again. I like the sound of the keys on the old IIe. Today's keyboards don't have that metallic chatter the old ones had and they don't last anywhere near as long. I can wear out one of the run-of-the-mill common $15-$40 keyboards in less than six months. Played another old game today. Doom II. Who remembers that one?

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010558.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-21-2013

Being invaded by a bunch of rain from the South.... Good news for us though - after tomorrow it's going to be cooler and less humid Smile Smile

So we'll enjoy our weekend here Smile

Getting close to mu bedtime..... Everyone have a good night...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-22-2013

Good morning. It's 72° with 99% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 106°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond30.jpg]

Nothing much scheduled for today. There should be a home health nurse coming sometime around noon. Funny how they always expect to find a low blood sugar reading right after lunch. As for any projects we'll see what presents itself.

[Image: P1010479.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-22-2013

Good morning Blue
We have sun and 70s going to the Hi 80s today.
I'm tired today, but yesterday was a good outing.
A place near Flint Mi. called Crossroads Village/Huckleberry Railroad.
We had a 40 minute train ride and a 40 minute boat ride but the steam engine was in the barn as they are preparing for a Thomas weekend.
The diesel they were running looked like a 44 tonner type.
I capped the evening with a chat, Brutus and Charlie.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-22-2013

Morning. Back from early morning meeting. Now to mow as not raining [yet]. Suppose to dry off after today for about 5 or 6 days. About time.

Jeffrey, keep getting better.

KRM Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Afternoon.

Kev, should buy that rifle. May become a collectors item.

Later.
Frank,
I don't care about a collectors item at my age, I just like the thought it is a .357/ 38 and can fit with my others. Power when you need it and cheap when you need it too. Shoot
Leave it to Granddaughter. She can say years from now, see what my Pa Pa left me. With a BIG smile.

Best to all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 08-22-2013

Been here a day and a half ( Here = Chandler, Az. ), the twins have, so far, been fun.
The firstborn has had medical problems since birth, and need to be "connected" to a bank of "devices" to monitor his blood oxygen levels, and provide extra oxygen. The second born, is happy, healthy, "trouble" Wink Big Grin Soooooooo, we take the second born out for little trips, and leave his brother in the care of his day nurse. We got out to several local hobby shops, shopping for some more track for the two old trainsets that I brought out of storage. The sets were given to my two oldest daughters by their Grandmother......my girls "outgrew" them a long time ago, so the twins can play with them now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-22-2013

Kev, put on the life jacket. Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-22-2013

Pete (Sumpter250), It's a pity that you didn't bring more rain with you. I think you have an excess where you live and we deserve just a bit of that. Yeah, we got a teaser last night, and today we could count the drops that actually made it to the ground.

I wish that we could get together with you while you're here, but I think our schedules and the distance between us aren't going to permit that this time. Just stay off of those ATV's while you're here. 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-22-2013

Not much happened today. Played a game of Starfleet1 and this time I won though it was by the skin of my teeth. Also played Doom II and Wolfenstien3D. While looking through the hard drive of this old computer I found some MSDOS games I wrote back in the 90's. I'll have to dig out the QBasic compiler and set it up for WinXP tomorrow so I can play them a bit. Anybody thinks I can't run an 8 bit program under XP with no conversion doesn't know me very well. Tomorrow morning I'll be going to town for a doctors appointment. It'll be my first time out of the house since I got out of the hospital. It also means I'll be using a walker. That's gonna be slow going.

That's it for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010462.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-23-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 68 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 85. Thus begins the last cool day for a while. Forecasters are saying that the highs for the next several days will be in the mid 90s and no rain. Time to turn the A/C on again.

It's been pretty quiet around here for the last few days. We're pretty much recovered from all our travels. Today I need to change the oil on the cars and get a new filter for the furnace (one of those big ones that lasts for a year). This afternoon we'll be going to Ames to visit our son's mother-in-law who is in the hospital.

RB - I hope your doctor visit goes well.

All stay safe.

Tom