The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-23-2013

Good morning. It's 73° with 92% humidity. The high will be 95° and will feel like 103°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

Not much going on today. Got a doctors appointment this morning. Nothing planned afterward.

[Image: P1010408.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-23-2013

Doc appointment got changed to the 30th and now it looks like things have gotten squirrely. The time on it is too late for my father to take me there and back and the Home Health transport service apparently doesn't run on Mondays. He's gotten the appointment changed to Tuesday and has been working on getting something set up with Community Transport and so far it sounds like he's jumping through hoops at a three ring circus with no rings, no hoops and no ringmaster. I'm starting to wonder when we'll be required to stop and throw peanuts to the elephants.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-23-2013

Morning all. Sunny and warm. Front coming through so no telling what this evening. Off with Wifey to run errands.

Seems confusion on what to do when the National Anthem is played. Has changed since I was in the school and the Army. I researched it this AM. One site said you were required to do nothing. Farther research shows:

Proper protocol for Star-Spangled Banner is found in a separate code under Title 36 of Patriotic and National Observances, Ceremonies,and Organizations, and listed under Chapter 3, Section 301 on the National Anthem:xx During a rendition of the National Anthem, when the flag is displayed, (a) all present should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart; (b) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and © individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and (d) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

However, in the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008, it contained an amendment to allow non-uniformed service members, military retirees, and veterans to render a hand salute during the hoisting, lowering, and passing of the U.S. Flag. In a later amendment in 2009, it authorized a hand-salute during the National Anthem by veterans and out-of-uniform military personnel. Thus part (b) above was modified to include "members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform."

So, in recap, for the Pledge of Allegiance, if not in active military uniform, men's hats are removed and held over the heart. For the National Anthem, if not in active military uniform, men's hats should be removed and held over the heart, or may be left intact and a military-style salute given. And, as a side note, women are never required to remove their hat, whether in uniform or not, but still hold their hand over their heart (non-military or veteran) or present a military salute (if in uniform or a veteran).

So, hopefully, now the next time you attend a ball game, concert, school event, or public event you will know.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-23-2013

Good morning Blue
We have a sunny 70s, low 80s for today.
Home from grocery shopping, and then granny cooked me a hamburger for breakfast...LOL
She just left to go bowling with a neighbor so now I can goof off for a couple hours.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-23-2013

Good morning folks, a bit hot and humid with changes on the forecast. Yesterday was ideal for going out in the desert to target shoot. There were tinkles of rain on and off going out there, but with temps under 100 and cloud cover, for us that was cool enough. The tinkles caught up to us when we were just about ready to leave. There was just one other group shooting there, with ammo still scarce, I'm wondering where they got enough to shoot full-auto. :o Pull the trigger for a second or so burst and you just shot off a good $20-100 worth depending on the caliber. A .50 ca round runs about $5.00 each, but I think they were shooting .223 at only $1.00 a round. Compare that with my .22 at about 4 cents or a 9MM at about 20 cents a round.

Anyway, we've got a 60% chance of rain on Sunday with temps forecast in the low 90's. Rain is in the forecast for every day through the end of next week. Thumbsup Thumbsup

I was digging around and came across some old layout photos. These were taken around the time of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Parts of this layout were destroyed by Rita.

[Image: Image5.jpg]

[Image: Image4.jpg]

Got a little bit accomplished today. I duct taped over a big gap under the a/c unit in my fathers office. I had to get down on the floor for that. Getting back onto the chair was easier than I thought it would be. I just grabbed the seat so I could get onto both knees then got my one foot planted on the floor and pushed up and turned around so I landed on the seat. Nothing to it. Then I pulled the filter out of the a/c unit and cleaned it and put it back in place. Just needed a good vacuuming. Reset the filter change alert and that was that. If he's smart he'll put a fiberglass filter in it. Those cheap screen filters the units come with only catch big stuff. Dust gets through and clogs up the coils. However he's one of those who doesn't spend the extra buck on appliances even if it means saving money down the road. But give him a new car and he's off buying the extended warranty on it like a shot! My step mother made a very good taco soup today. There's a bit left so I may have that for lunch tomorrow. My doc appointment for today got moved to Friday, the 30th and my appointment in Oakdale got moved from Monday to Tuesday and I have to go by the Louisiana Transit van there and back so it's going to be a long day. I wish people would leave my schedules alone. Plans for my future that I don't know about worry me.

Well that's all for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010002-42.jpg]

[Image: P1010375.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-24-2013

Good morning all. It's looking good outside. We had a storm come through around 4:30 this morning and really did a dump. 2285_ We have gone from a "heat advisory warning" to a "flash flood warning" in one day. I'm elated, not because of the flooding, but we need rain and although we only get less than ten inches a year, we're still down a few. It's been a hot and dry summer for most of us here. For those on the southeast end of the Valley, it's a different story. They've had a number of storms that usually come up I-10 from the south, but never make it this far. I think we're in for a cool and wet weekend.

Thank you Pete (sumpter250) for bringing the rain with you from Chicago. You shall be rewarded for your efforts... Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-24-2013

Good morning. It's 75° with 93% humidity. The high will be 95° (feel like 100°).
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans for today except to relax and take it easy.

[Image: P1010388.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-24-2013

Good Morning Blue
The temp is about a sunny 70, low 80s for the day.
After shopping in the morning I spent some time on the patio with the latest OGR, not a great one but OK.
It's got to be difficult trying to fill a magazine all year round.
A good chat last night with some of the guys.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-24-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's 86 degrees with 59% humidity. Temperatures through next Saturday are predicted to be in the 90s every day with no rain in sight.

Yesterday we took a trip down to Ames to visit a friend who is in the hospital. After that we did some shopping and my wife started looking to replace her car. She has a 2003 Tiburon with less than 38,000 miles and thinks it time for something new. She actually got it in 2002 when the first came out so it's 11 years old. She used to drive it a lot more before I retired but since I retired we go almost everyplace together.

Today I spent some time measuring out what I will need to replace all the water pipes in the basement. The house is over a hundred years old and I'm sure the pipes are really plugged up. I'm hoping with enough planning I can replace the pipes in a day.

Tomorrow morning I'm planning to get out early and get the oil changed on both cars before it gets too hot. Other than that I'll be hiding in the house for the next week. Maybe I'll get back to the train room. I need to at least get it cleaned up as a train friend may be coming to visit for a few days.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-24-2013

Well it's been a mostly uneventful day. Had a cheeseburger and potato salad for dinner today, got most of my prescriptions filled and a bit of laundry was done. That's about it and now it;s time for me to 23-skadoo out of here. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010227-22.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-24-2013

Hello all.

Just finishing up some chores and then it is off to bed for a good long rest as I have to work 2nd shift Sunday and Monday and first on Thursday yet again Icon_lol Still not rested up from last Thursday I got a real workout that day.

Got the October CTT today first ad on the inside cover is a bunch of Menards decorated lionel trains and buildings. Some of the flat cars with loads look ok most priced at $19.95 the buildings are kinda pricey.

No other news.......Good night all

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-25-2013

Good morning. It's 73° with 96% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 97°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond40.jpg]

No plans for today. I may play some games on the IIe later.

[Image: IMAG0182.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-25-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 60 something. It will be going to near 90 for the next few days.
A couple from church are coming here for dinner at 2. Ah but tonight from 8 to 10 Columbo will solve another murder.
No breaking train news from my favorite store.
S.J.