The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-25-2013

Greetings, gang.

Very sunny and 81 with 73% humidity. Gonna be a hot one with an expected high of about 97.

I changed the oil on both cars this morning and that's about the last outdoor activity I have planned for the week. The remainder of the day will be filled with movies, reading, and harassing my wife. Eek

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-25-2013

Good morning all, I hope you are all having a great weekend an with great weather. Ours is superb, nice and cloudy and wet. We had a nice storm roll though yesterday and dropped about 3/4" of rain here... uh, just a trace at the airport where the office Phoenix weather report is gathered. Nonetheless, we're all forecast for a 90% chance of rain. We had some showers already today, I wonder if that counts or are there more on the way????

Not much going on, I've been contemplating doing some work on my orphan challenge, just like I've been for the past few weeks, just that things keep on getting in the way. We are down to the last three weeks of the challenge so I'd better hustle if I'm going to get anything done.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-25-2013

Afternoon. Well, evening. Wonderful fall day. WOOO, its August and not fall. Well, you get what I mean about being cooler and low humidity. FIL's Bday party this afternoon. Ended up I cooked the burgers on the grill when another SIL was suppose to do it. He showed late. Then grumbled as he thought the burgers were not done good enough. If he cooks them, hard charcoal briquettes. Why everyone wanted me to go ahead and cook.

Special day for Jordan's baptism.

Leaving early for Edgecombe and farms tomorrow.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-25-2013

Got some serious arm exercise today. Went to a barbeque next door at my nieces place. The roughest part was negotiating the steps between her place and my fathers place. I managed it. Those steps are much lower than the steps up to my trailer. No way am I ready for those yet! I'd rather climb El Capitan. Again! It was good to get out even though it was just over to the west side of the house. As for my upcoming doc appointment in Oakdale (Tuesday), my father is gonna see if he can get somebody to take his shift at work that day so he can take me there and back. He isn't happy with Community Transport. It's slow and the wait times for a van to show up can be two hours or more. Add to that I'm still having a hard time getting around. Hopefully I'll be getting the stitches and staples out this time.

That's all for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010153-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-26-2013

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 99°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

Still feeling the muscle aches from yesterdays little jaunt next door for the barbeque. Today I'll be taking it easy as usual. Other than that no plans. We'll just see what comes up.

[Image: P1010155.jpg]

[Image: squirellmassage1.gif]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-26-2013

Good Morning Blue
Temps are going into the Hi 80s today.
I stayed home yesterday, no running around.
We had company for dinner and Columbo solved another murder.
That and a nap in between was my day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-26-2013

Neat preacher story Kev

Hope your eye is OK -- You'll have to start wearing a motorcycle helmet when cutting the grass.... Eek Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-26-2013

Back from farms. Worked hard on shooting lanes and feeders. Now off to the lake house for a few.

Kev, even I say strange!!!!!!! Eek Glad the baptism went better. Important to you and the family.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-26-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and downright HOT here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this evening. Right now it's 90 degrees after a daytime high of 97.

Today I went to the gym for a swim and just after the half mile mark I felt a twinge in my back. Time to call it quits for the day. This afternoon I disassembled an Athearn caboose for repainting. Mainly I wanted the window glazing out because I've never had much luck taping over them. That's done and the primer coat is applied. I'm still debating whether to shave off the cast on grab irons and replace with my own. I've done it before and it's not that hard. I'm just getting lazy in my old age.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-26-2013

Nothing exciting to report tonight. Just another day. Tomorrow my father and I will be going to see my doc in Oakdale and hopefully I'll be getting these stitches and staples removed from what remains of the lower half of my right leg. That's all for tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010156.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-27-2013

Good morning. It's 72° with 100% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 103°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Nothing much happening today except a trip to Oakdale to see about getting these stitches and staples removed. Other than that I have no other plans.

[Image: P1010157.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-27-2013

Ouch! I still remember that paintball incident. It nearly knocked me out. It's good to know you're feeling better.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-27-2013

Good morning all. Nice weather we've had the past few days, lots of wind and rain. Well, the trees being blown down on houses and cars aren't really all that nice, and then there's the spot flooding, but that goes away quickly. Anyone that goes around a barricade and gets stuck, will have to pay for the cost of their rescue. We have the "stupid motorist law", and when we have these storms, frequently we see on TV where there are people sitting on the roof of their vehicles, waiting to be rescued. This is the desert and they build roads through normally dry washes and even rivers. All it takes is a heavy downpour like we've had the past few days, and there can be a wall of water heading right at you that can take your car and you downstream with it.

Anyway, we have rain in the forecast every day for the next week, and even temps in the low 90's and 100's, something we've been looking for all summer. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-27-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have 75 degrees and lite ran. The downpours and lightning missed us.
Granny is kid sitting today so I will goof off. gotta get out tomorrow though and do some errands.
Nothing to report from my train world so enjoy this day as we will only have it once.
S.J.

Doc appointment went well. Got sixteen stitches out and about as many staples. The pain was minor. It felt like a few bee stings. The doc is extremely pleased with the way it's healing. I go back on Sept 30th. We should start talking about about getting the stump ready for a prosthesis. Right now it's too large and is oval shaped. It needs to be compressed and rounded into a conical shape. Played some Wolfenstien3D and Doom II/Final Doom/TNT. Been kicking a lot of butt. Knowing the cheat codes helps a lot. That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010158.jpg]