The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-27-2013

RB:
when I lost a tooth last fall, the dentist insisted that it had to set for 3-4 months before I could have it moulded.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-27-2013

BR60103 Wrote:RB:
when I lost a tooth last fall, the dentist insisted that it had to set for 3-4 months before I could have it moulded.
My father had his molded much sooner than that. He had both upper and lower full plates done. My step mother had a partial plate done after only a few weeks. Guess it depends on the dentist. As for having a prosthesis made and fitted it can take only a couple of months. Learning how to use it can take a while though.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-28-2013

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny and hot day in store for today. The high is expected to be in the mid 90s. Right now it's 72 degrees with 83% humidity.

Last night our daughter and her husband came over for dinner. Nothing exciting going on. Just had a nice quiet visit. Today's agenda looks to be fairly low key also. The only thing I have on my list is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-28-2013

Good morning all. Nice day in store for here, some chance of rain and temps in the low 100's. They're looking at more monsoon weather for the next few days though, up to 60% chance of rain and temps in the 90's. The past few days have taken their toll though, with trees down all over the valley. We can see it in our neighborhood, but some parts of he area really took a beating.

RB, Glad things are going well for you. You can expect things to take a while, but healing first is a good part of it.

We're here at "hump day", so the weekend can't be too far away so hang in there. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-28-2013

Good morning. It's 74° with 88% humidity. The high will be 94° but it will feel like 103°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

No plans for today. Yesterday I was playing games on this computer so today I guess I'll play games on the IIe. Who knows, I may start on writing a new one. Maybe a text adventure based on Clue.

[Image: P1010165.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-28-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy, muggy 77 degrees this morning.
I got to spend a few minutes with Charlie last night, he is very busy right now with work and moving.
A trip to Walmart this morning got me most of the things I went for but it seems they are always behind in keeping things in stock.
I wonder if it's the store manager or the big picture.
No train news in my world this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 08-28-2013

Hello all.

Not much here going on other than sleep and working.

Thought about the 3D printer but have not used it in awhile, mostly because I ran out of PLA plastic and have not ordered a new spool yet.

My personal library is growing again latest titles Star trek 101 and The Doctor WHO encyclopedia and a Graphic novel adaptation of the Hobbit. Most of my books used to be mostly Sci-fi but now the majority are either Model trains or technology(computers and electronics) I do have a small collection of Dilbert books and the animated series of Dilbert on DVD funny stuff.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-28-2013

I was looking around on Ebay today and came across a metal Varney F3 dummy A unit for $15 and snapped it up. I have a dummy Athearn frame coming for it. The frame is just to have an Athearn frame to set the shell on and to make sure I cut away the proper places on the shell so it fits on the frame. At some point in the future I'll be putting the shell on one of my Athearn clone F unit Frankenstein chassis. I've also been looking around for more cheap Athearn and Athearn clone F7's to use as future parts sources.

[Image: VarneyF3Adummy.jpg]

[Image: P1010168-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - GarryCBQ - 08-28-2013

Howdy everybody. ... I've done some traveling in recent days. Was in Alabama to help my mother celebrate her 94th birthday. ....

I'm glad Jeff's Doctor appointment went well.

Since returning home, I have been working on my layout expansion.

Happy Model Railroading!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-28-2013

Back from lake house. Guess what? Yes, it rained today. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-29-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and a downright cool 66 degrees this morning outside my window. High for today is headed back to the 90s again. Looks like there will be some relief by Sunday night or Monday. Chief, please send rain this way. We've only had a half inch of rain since the first of July.

Had a frustrating experience the other night. I put the soaker hose on some trees, set a timer, and forgot about it. When I went out to shut the hose off, I discovered that the cap on the end of the hose had come off. Who knows how much water I pumped down the storm drain. I found the cap laying in the driveway so at some point the cap must have come off. Or someone took it off.

No major activities planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-29-2013

Good morning to ya all. Amazing day right now, temps in the high 70's, some rain last night and a forecast of a high of 97 with a 40% chance of rain. It doesn't get better than that, unless the rain is preceded by a dust storm, which is not uncommon for this time of the year. Nothing on the schedule for today so maybe, just maybe I can spend some time on my orphan challenge. Icon_lol

Sorry to hear about your watering problem Tom. That would be disastrous around here. We got rid on all traces of grass two years ago and even cut down two very large trees that were destine to cause problems, and our water bill still is almost twice what it was a year ago. We can thank our city council for giving into the water company's demands that pretty much doubled our rates. Curse

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 08-29-2013

ezdays Wrote:That would be disastrous around here. We got rid on all traces of grass two years ago and even cut down two very large trees that were destine to cause problems, and our water bill still is almost twice what it was a year ago. We can thank our city council for giving into the water company's demands that pretty much doubled our rates. Curse
And they probably want still more!

Good morning. It's 75° with 94% humidity. The high will be 98° but will feel like 107°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Got conformation this morning that the Varney loco has been shipped and is on it's way. Estimated delivery is Saturday. No plans for anything in particular today but something may come up.

[Image: P1010198.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-29-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 74 degrees, going into the Hi 80s today.
3 more days of summer Sad Snow by Tuesday I guess.
I have a busy day but tomorrow is mine so I will stumble through this one. LOL
No train news this morning.
Oh on the water bill thing, Our water comes from the Detroit system and they control the rates. The cities pay Detroit and then bill us. Of course they tack on added fees. It appears that after all these years of fighting the other counties will finally be represented on their water board.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-29-2013

Morning. Being lazy.

Off to Lowe's to buy a replacement breaker for the lake house hot water heater. Odd brand. Lucky the neighbor had one to get me by while I was there. We throw it off when we leave and on when we arrive. Will get one for the water pump to as we do the same. Old breakers so I guess it was due.

Calling for scattered T'storms this afternoon. Hope not from 6 PM for a couple of hours. First football game in Rolesville since 1965 [when HS moved away due to consolidation]. Will be a JV game as new high schools start with only 9th and 10th grades. Varsity next year as 10th graders move up to 11th.

Have a good one.