The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-09-2013

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a pleasant weekend. We had a bit of rain during the AM and it stayed under 90° for most of the day. Today we have a 70-80% chance of rain and temps in the low 90's. It's sprinkling out right now, so I guess that is enough to satisfy the weather people's forecast.

Still plugging along at my orphan challenge, I really doubt that I'll have it done on time though. Just too many other things that get in the way. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-09-2013

Good afternoon. It's 87° with 45% humidity. The high will be 95° but will feel like 100°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Getting a late start today. I've been up since 6am but personal business and life have constantly been in the way. One thing was I was trying to set up a ride to and from an appointment Thursday afternoon through my insurance carrier but all the little details they wanted were things I just didn't have. In the end my personal care-giver and my step mother stepped forward and said they have that sorted out. The fifth (or is it the sixth?) metal Varney F3 will get here sometime from the 10th to the 12th (Tuesday-Thursday) and I'll be able to start working on it. I'd like to put horns and Kadee couplers on these but I don't have them. So I'll just have to proceed without them. Maybe I can get them next month. MAYBE. My fun money is pretty much shot for a while. In other news, the adventures of a mouse in the kitchen have come to an end. Last week I wedged a piece of buttered popcorn into a trap and set it on the lower shelf of the kitchen cabinet. This morning it had a customer. SNAP!! There's one less mouse in the world.

[Image: DSCN4965.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-09-2013

I did some detail work on the F3 today. I worked on installing some metal handrails on it. Main problem I ran into was I snapped both of my smallest drill bits, 1/32" and 3/64". I had to settle for 1/16", bigger than what I wanted but it was the smallest I had. I only had to drill the top holes so that made it a bit easier. I made the handrails from .020" steel wire. I bent one end 90° and hung it in the hole hen clipped the wire where it mat the bottom of the shell then teased it into place and applied a drop of super glue to the top and let it run down to the bottom where the excess was absorbed by a piece of paper towel. I did this with each handrail (cab and side access doors only) until I had them done. I also addressed the total lack of any detail on what passed for a rear door. You have to look close to see them as they blend in with the Zamac.

[Image: DSCN4982.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4983.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4987.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 09-09-2013

Nice work there RB!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: p1010006-25.jpg]

[Image: P1010073-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-09-2013

Well, I called up the Trailer Guy to see about shifting our Park model out of the Park. He said he'd look at it as he was going there tomorrow.
Almost immediately afterward, the Park phoned that there was an offer on it. We accepted. We just have to get up and sign some papers and do the last cleaning up.

How do you you tell a park model trailer from a travel trailer? The park model has no 12V system (except the truck lights and brakes?) and no holding tanks.

I've got a bunch of St Mary Ax station in place. The approach is now bent around a corner to Wells Junction. Today I separated the flex track that I stripped from the old layout into the assorted sizes and makes.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 09-09-2013

RB...Love that loco on display at the park...Very nicely done.. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-10-2013

Steamtrains Wrote:RB...Love that loco on display at the park...Very nicely done.. Thumbsup
Thanks. It seemed such a good use of an old Spectrum K4.

Good morning. It's 70° with 89% humidity. The high will be 95° and will feel like 99°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

After all the work I did on the F3 yesterday I think I'll take a break today and do a bunch of nothing. On the other hand I could do some work on the passenger cars.

[Image: P1010044-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010047-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-10-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's partly cloudy and 70 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is expected to be about 90. Yesterday we hit a high of 100 with 25% humidity. Add that to the lack of rain (1/2 inch since the first of July) and I feel like I've been transported to Don's neck of the woods.

We finally have a shower door for the upstairs bathroom. My wife has been looking for months for the right one. We took my wife's car but the new door wouldn't fit in it. We were able to talk our grandson and a friend of his (who has a pickup) into bringing it home for us. That had the added benefit of having them take it upstairs. Now all I have to do is install it.

This morning we're off to the grocery store. Not much else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-10-2013

Good morning all. Well, it was an exciting day yesterday. Although we got a nice steady rain, other parts of the valley were getting drenched. As usual, around here, a heavy rain means flooding and there was just that. Homes, parking lots and streets all had a few feet of water to deal with. 219 The water recedes fast, but in the meantime, some cars were flooded up to their rooftops. We had about 1/4" of rain in our area, others had over 2 1/2" inches. By late afternoon, these areas were dry again, but there was trash all over. In one place, people were saying that it was garbage pickup day and these containers were floating down the streets, dumping garbage along the way. Hey, it's still "monsoon season" here and that's the way things are around this time of the year.

I'm still working on my orphan challenge but I've waited too long before starting to finish on time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-10-2013

Morning. Busy day all day. Reception and dinner tonight so have to dress in a suit and tie. Tomorrow not quite as bad. Have a good one

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-10-2013

Good Morning Blue
85 and muggy, going into the 90s today.
Home from shopping, we stopped at the local Lowes, one cashier, what's with that.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-10-2013

Good morning everyone - Don has the local weather covered Thumbsup It is a beautiful morning out there - cool(er), a few clouds, and damp.

I'm proud of myself for getting my orphan challenge done. It's the first challenge project I have actually managed to complete in a long time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-10-2013

Good evening all,

Can't remember what the actual temp was here other than it was in the upper 90's with heat index felt like 101, it is suposed to be cool and rainy this time of the year in Ohio Icon_lol

My m.o.w vehicle fleet has 4 new trucks 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-10-2013

That's it for me today. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010037-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010017-8-1.jpg]