The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 09-15-2013

That's Nice!!! Smile They look good!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-15-2013

ngauger Wrote:That's Nice!!! Smile They look good!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
And dead simple to make.

The mouse trap snapped twice today and no mouse. About half an hour ago it snapped a third time. This time there were sounds that wouldn't be coming from an empty trap. I got there just in time to see the little cuss twitch for the last time. He had gone to the trap for a free snack once too often and it cost him his life. I emptied the trap, cleaned it, added new bait then reset it and put it back. Then I looked into the depths of the cabinet and said 'Next'. My father will get some glue traps tomorrow and we'll set those out and see if they get any 'customers'.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P5270365.jpg]

[Image: P5270362.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-16-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool at 48 degrees this morning high for today is supposed to be around 70.

We'll be out and about early this morning. Need to take the wife's car to the car doctor for a few problems. Then it's off to breakfast followed by some shopping.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-16-2013

Good morning everyone, the start of a bright new work week for a lot of you, and just another day for us retired folk. No big weather news from here, just that temps will be over 100 for this whole week, and not too much below that for next week. This heat gets a bit old after a while, but I guess it's better than the heavy rain and flooding they're having in some parts of the country.

The Adopt and Orphan challenge is now officially closed. I'll be posting a voting thread later today or tomorrow so you can pick the ones that impress you the most.

Uh, we are still auctioning off the N scale Big Blue anniversary car and so far we've only had one bid. Remember, there is no reserve so that bid could win the auction. Please consider bidding on this car, even if you're not into N scale, it should be a keepsake, a treasure handed down for generations to come... Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-16-2013

Good morning. It's 74° with 88% humidity. The high will be 95° but will feel like 100°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

I don't really know what I'll be doing today. Something will come up I suppose. I heard a bit of something on the news this morning about an explosion or bombing or shooting somewhere but for now that's all I know about it. I'm sure the news media and the 'sky is falling' chicken little types that my step mother gossips with daily will make sure we have the whole story. My father is happy that we're light one mouse after last night. One less mouth to feed he says.

[Image: P5200344.jpg]

[Image: sabinebridge2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-16-2013

My father got two packages of glue traps this morning. Tomcat Glue Boards and Catchmaster baited glue traps. We're trying them both to see which one performs better. The glue boards are large so I cut one in half. Now one trap is good for two locations. I folded a second glue board into a box that has both ends open. Anything that enters won't be leaving. The catchmaster traps are basically plastic glue pits. Anything that gets on it will have a very big problem.

I got descent frontal shot of the two metal F3A's. They don't look so heavy in the photo.

[Image: DSCN5113.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 09-16-2013

Running Bear Wrote:I got descent frontal shot of the two metal F3A's. They don't look so heavy in the photo.
They look "sad"..... Smile Can't wait to see what you do with them!!! Big Grin

[Image: DSCN1207.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1049.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-17-2013

Good morning. It's 74° with 86% humidity. The high will be 95°and will feel like 101°. Anyone up for improving their tan?
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Well I guess today I'll see if there's some way I can make some number boards for these F3's. That should be a neat trick as I have none of the materials with which to do it. This situation may call for me to put on my thinking cap and get creative. As for any other plans, I have none at this time.

[Image: DSCN1045.jpg]

[Image: P4290283.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-17-2013

Good morning all. Yet another hot day in store for us today. To be sure, we're looking at a record high for the day. No, not a high-high, but a record high-low. So far, for Phoenix, the low hasn't been below 88, unless we have a cold snap later today, that will be a new record by three degrees. The high, well, that's just like yesterday at 104. Confusedhock:

Just a note on the current auction. We've had some really great bids yesterday, Thumbsup and so, we've added an HO car to give the winning bidder their choice of either the N or HO scale Big Blue Anniversary Car. We are very grateful to those that are making this auction a success. Big Grin I won't mention any names, but you can find out by going to the auction thread. Just remember, 100% of the proceeds goes back to help support these forums.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-17-2013

Hello Blue
The morning started at 45 and is now 68 degrees.
I have not adjusted to the cooler weather yet.
The Lionel catalogs are out and except for a few items marked new, it is a warehouse sale.
Dealers are getting e-mails about which items are already sold out.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 09-17-2013

Good Evening,All,
Just stopped in,from a boxcar,from the Chicago,Burbs,found a pair of boots in it and thought,I'd walk around in them a bit,so far,they are pretty comfortable..Have a good evening..
Cheers,
Frank Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-17-2013

I did more work on the Super F3. No number boards yet though the slots have been filled level with the shell. I may be able to to make the boards themselves from a piece of basswood I scrounged up. In the photo below is evidence of another experiment. I added filter screens on the grilles. I made them from pieces of cloth adhesive tape which I fixed in place with super glue. Just put the glue on and let it soak through.

[Image: DSCN5121.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-17-2013

Good afternoon,

Even though today was another hot one, I know cooler days and nights are just a few days away. And since my workshop is detached from the house and not air conditioned, that will hopefully mean more modeling again soon. I've been slacking off a bit lately with too many other things going on, but I know that modeling relaxes me and improves my mood. Hopefully you will all see some great stuff out of me the next few months!

[Image: DSCN1030.jpg]

[Image: P4170136.jpg]