The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-19-2013

Reality shows. HAH! More like sucker of the week shows.

Good morning. It's 75° with 94% humidity. The high will be 92° but will feel like 99°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond40.jpg]

Think I'll take a break today. I need some rest. I got some good exercise this morning. Laying flat on my back I lifted (with my left arm) the front half of a 700+ pound mechanical bed (Craftmatic wannabe) about six inches to clear a cable for the motor that raises and lowers the head of the bed while I shifted a concrete block the frame was resting on with my right. Is that some kind of bench press? When I say I'm a strong guy I'm not joking. Actually I'm very out of shape. My arm aches a little but other than that I feel fine. Now you may be asking yourself, why is there a concrete block under the bed? Actually there's four of them. The bed was too low for my needs so I had my nephew and one of his friends put the blocks under it to raise it about six inches. It took the bigger of those two to dead lift one end while the other put the blocks under it. What does that say for their build? Well the two blocks near the head of the bed were more toward the middle. One still is but at least the bed doesn't rock anymore. If I have to I'll go under the other side and exercise my right arm.

Well enough of that. Time to get on with the day. The Home Health nurse will be here some time today. She should be well pleased with how well the surgery site has healed. The only spot left is where a bit of tape made a nasty tear in the skin. That too is just about healed up. However she won't be happy about the first two toes on my left (only) foot. The big toe has a wound on the bottom we've been dealing with for several weeks. The other, well last week I ran into the bathroom cabinet and ripped the toenail off. I didn't know it until I investigated to see where the blood was coming from. It was healing quite well until last night. I hit the cabinet again and ripped the scab off.

[Image: DSCN0826.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0807.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-19-2013

I did some work on the F3 today and began converting it into something a bit more modern.

[Image: DSCN5138.jpg]

I'm not feeling too great so I am calling it a night a bit early. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5143.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0796-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-20-2013

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 50 degrees with an expected high of 70.

Starting this afternoon my wife and I will be a little apprehensive. Our son is boarding a plane with a final destination of Jakarta, Indonesia. He's a project manager for a company that builds cranes for offshore oil rigs and this is his first completed crane. He'll be gone about a week.

Nothing exciting happening on the home front. Yesterday I cleaned up another batch of acorns. Hopefully this afternoon I can finish that project.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-20-2013

Morning all. Un-forecasted rains. We need it. Now they say off and on rains thru Sunday. Probably cancel walk thru at new Private High School in town. Mayors show to video this afternoon. All inside.

Fiat, special prayers for sons' safe trip and return.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-20-2013

Good morning. It's 75° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88° and will feel like 97°.
[Image: cond006.gif] with [Image: cond90.jpg]

Very, very wet today with more to come. No water sports planned. I may work on the F3's later.

[Image: DSCN0775-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0013.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-20-2013

Good morning all, one more day to yet another weekend. It's beautifully cool out right now with 68° (below average) and still forecast for around 103 (above average). No rain in the forecast which kind of surprises me. We usually get hit with storms that come up from Mexico, but apparently, not this time. Lots of flooding down there. I see scenes of people swimming to safety in the streets.

As far as modeling goes, I'm still fooling around with what I started for the orphan challenge. That butane tank I did had about 80 pieces and I thought that was tough to do, but the Interstate fuel kit has more parts and they are really small in N scale. We're talking small, thin, pipes with some under 1/4" and no easy way to support them while the glue drys. Nope But then again, that's one reason I chose N scale, for the challenges and to prove that my fingers and eyes are still up to the task. Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-20-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a Blue Ridge Mt. morning. 72, warm, hazy and damp.
We had rain overnight but I don't know how much. Thunder woke me so I got up and unplugged the laptop and TV. Then went back to sleep.
A nice chat with Brutus last night but no world problems solved.
Save some energy for the weekend chores.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-20-2013

Good afternoon all.

Been running around taking care of business and playing with google sketchup. No plastic yet but I think I have the RubyBelle images ready to print as soon as the spool arives from Jameco, same type and size as makerbot just 10 bucks cheaper Icon_lol

Ran some trains(lionel starter set loco with whistle) Smoke fluid and pulling 11 cars on a level loop 2285_

I am scheduled for 2nd shift Sunday and first shift Monday again Eek

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-20-2013

I have a bit of layout down now -- the St Mary Ax station is up and the Junction is around the corner and the 4x4 corner is down as Homasote but not tracked yet. It needs a bit of pre-painting. I see the new Homasote is 1/2" while the old is 9/16". Rowrbazzle!

Does anyone have a lumber yard that sells 1x1 (or 3/4x3/4) lumber? I got some 20 years ago for the old layout, but the only stuff available here is strapping -- PT and very roughly cut. Dayle wants to chuck it before I get splinters.

Tomorrow we should have the trailer sold.

But I'm going to a meeting. The host expects to have 3 layouts running: Lostock Junction in the basement (OO), Formby Gorge in the backyard (G) and the Tinkertown somewhere (Trix Twin HO/OO). Worried about the weather for outside.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-20-2013

Been working on the F3 today. I'm reworking the intake filter screens into full length units that go all the way from the cab windows to the back of the body. This started as an F3 and is to the point of 'F I don't know what' and who knows where it'll end up.

Weatherwise it's been raining here all day. We are under a flash flood watch and an areal flood advisory. Thank God this happened when the ground was dry. Rain chance for tonight is 90% or better and it looks like the same for tomorrow and possibly tomorrow night. The crawfish and frogs are loving it.

That's all for today. See y'all tomorrow if I'm not out looking for a boat.

[Image: DSCN5181.jpg]

[Image: PA240240.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-21-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's another cool but sunny morning outside my window. Right now it's 43 headed for a high of 70. Of course that's what they said yesterday. Then the clouds rolled in and it never got above 63. Weather forecasts. Nope

Yesterday I finished harvesting the oak berries. This morning I'll be hauling them off the the local yard waste facility. I'm estimating between the two trip, I've probably hauled about 300 lbs of acorns. All from just two trees. It's been a bumper year for acorns.

No word yet on our son's travels. Chief, I thank you for your prayers.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-21-2013

Good morning folks, here we are on the first day of the weekend and the last day of summer. Today looks like the last day of over 100 for the next week or so. That doesn't mean it can't get back up there since the records for each of then next week all show as between 104 and 107. Again, they are saying in the news that this has been the hottest summer on record for the Phoenix area and the second hottest for those people down in Tucson, and they've been keeping records here for well over 100 years. No, it's not global warming, the record was a fraction of a degree higher than the old one, plus from what I've been reading, this "global warming" stuff turns out to be a theory of a bunch of scientists that were actually hiding the data that would prove them wrong. Lots of people bought into this, many of them, understandably, are politicians. Confusedhock:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-21-2013

Morning all. Rainy but had a lull to get 2 miles in. Took Lucy [the middle dog]. She soon remembered the routine. She was slowing after two miles as she had not walked the trail for over a year. So, we came home. I'm getting use to walking miles now. Hunters Haven today. May get to Mrs. Edna's today. Haven't been in months. Too busy every Saturday. Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-21-2013

Good morning Blue
We have 63 degrees with the sun peeking through the rain clouds we had overnight.
Global warming!!! I have said for years that's it's BS. Except for smog mother nature has caused more changes in the weather than man has.
The issue is it's been pounded into the heads of our youth at schools. Now young adults have it in their heads that it's real.
We have a family gathering today but I will be here for some Saturday football. Only good thing about fall is football. Maybe if they played through February winter wouldn't seem as long. Enjoy your last summer weekend.
S.J.