The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-23-2013

Morning all. Fall day here. Thumbsup Off to walk early. Then mow grass. Got a procedure tomorrow morning [well, got at 10 but does it at 12 noon]. Bet I be starved by the time I get out of there. :cry:

Fiat, glad you have heard from Son.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-23-2013

Kev: Your layout is looking really good.

Worked on three Varney F3's today.

Put windshields an dwindows in the plastic F3. Yes, there's glass in there.
[Image: DSCN5240.jpg]

And redid the windshields in the two metal Athearn/Varney F3's. The 'Super F3' on the left and the 'non-converted' F3 on the right.

[Image: DSCN5247.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-23-2013

Hello and good evening all.

Not much going on here, had a Wendy's chicken sandwich and some salsa( jalapeno ) flavoured wheat thins.

Work is work glad to be home.

Lots of traffic accidents today during rush hour here.

Maters are totally done, lesson learned if growing tomatoes in containers water alone is not enough must fertilize as well however the front porch gets the morning sun and afternoon shade and they did better than in the backyard where they get sun baked and the critters(birds, squirrels, raccoons)get to them. Next year will put out more containes(large pots) and will design a staking system to tie up the vines as they grow and feed as well as water the plants. Again I will grow Ox heart and Cherokee purple tomatoes and at least 2 each of better boy and early girl tomatoes. My pepper plants never even bloomed this year but to my suprise the cucumber vines grew half a dozen nice cucumbers before the ol'e cucumber vines got the disease that kills off the vines need to dust them and cabbage if you want to harvest anything from them. Typing about tomatos has made me hungery a tomato slice sandwich sounds good(only have some store bought ones Nope left)

Well I worked hard and will turn in shortly as only had 5 hours of sleep between second shift Sunday and first shift this morning. Work is almost like a second home Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-23-2013

Got work done on three F3's today. I won an anniversary boxcar in the auction. The money collected goes to support the forum so I consider the $50 I bid is going to good use. I tried out the XBox 360 my nieces husband brought over yesterday. It had Wolfenstein in it so I played that. So far I've shown an amazing propensity for getting my butt blown away in the rail yard. But I remember I got toasted many times in Wolfenstein3D when I started playing it back in 1995.

Well that's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-43.jpg]

[Image: P1010027-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-24-2013

Morning. One big grape flavored dishwashing detergent drink last night. Another at 6 AM this morning. Must be Dawn. Cleans real good. :oops: No solid foods since 7 AM yesterday. Will make up for it afterwards. Olive Garden. Still hitting 2 to 3 miles a day.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-24-2013

Greetings, gang.

Very gloomy and 55 degrees with some showers in the area. Doesn't look like any will land here.

Latest update from our son. He's developing a sinus infection. Trying to find local medications to take care of it. Said he had a hamburger that was served with a mystery sauce and a fried egg. He didn't say if it was good. Just wolfed it down as he was starving.

Nothing new around here. If I don't have to go grocery shopping this afternoon I plan to install a ceiling fan in the spare bedroom. This morning I'm waiting for my in-laws to call. I have the hard drive out of their old computer and will transfer what they want off to a cd. Tomorrow we are heading out to visit our son's mother-in-law who is recovering from some medical difficulties.

Chief - keep up the good work on walking.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-24-2013

Good morning. It's 76° with 89% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 99°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

Only plan today is to stay dry. I might do some looking on the net for some items.

[Image: P1010010-9.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-35.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-24-2013

Good Morning Blue
It was 45 when we arose this morning. Going to a sunny 60s today.
A nice chat with some of the guys last night.
We found the drain on our frost free freezer iced shut again last night so I called for extended warranty service, now let's see if they actually find and fix the problem.
I usually do not buy extended warranties but the sale savings paid for it and new appliances don't last like the old days, so I gave in on this one.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-24-2013

Good morning all. A beautiful day today, started out in the mid-60's and should not, repeat, should not reach 100.... but who knows, if the ones that get the big bucks for guessing the weather, how can we know either?

Our recent auction was completed yesterday. Jeffery, Running Bear, has won the HO scale Anniversary car with a very generous bid of $50. Thank you RB, we truly appreciate that, as well as everyone else who bid. We still have a couple of N scale cars that we will soon be putting up for bid.

The voting poll for our recent Adopt and Orphan Challenge will still be open until the end of the month. We thank those that have already voted, and remind all you others, that there is still time. You can view the entries and vote in this thread.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - nachoman - 09-24-2013

Good morning everyone. The weather has been nice enough in the evenings that I have gotten a little modeling and cleaning done in my non a/c workshop. I'm going to really try and focus on getting a few projects done - as I really need the stress relief right now. I have been working on a 2-6-2t that I started last winter. I am close to getting it done. I also need to plant more in my winter garden. I have a few veggies coming up already.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-24-2013

Well, procedure results was A OK. Just walked 2 miles.

Fiat, when I first started flying to Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, I had a lot of them. Was flying South West [South Trash] as company booked. Started booking my own with US Airways and ended. May have been getting use to "airplane" air. Flew to LA in Aug. [US Airways] Got a slight one going. Stayed a week and came back. All was OK then.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-24-2013

Running Bear Wrote:So far I've shown an amazing propensity for getting my butt blown away in the rail yard.

RB: Ya gotta larn not to go gawkin at the trains alla time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-25-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 46 right now with a predicted high of 76. Looks to be a nice fall day.

Nothing major accomplished yesterday other than some grocery shopping. Today we're off to Ames to do some shopping followed by a visit to our son's mother-in-law.

Latest update from half way around the world. Son is working 18 hour days. The safety briefing includes such factors as volcanoes, hurricanes, and tsunamis. Ya just never know what's gonna happen on an oil rig.

All stay safe (and watch out for them volcanoes).

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-25-2013

Good morning. It's 68° with 96% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 92° and will feel like 97°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing planned for today. I've gone about as far as I can on the F3's. Need to find something else to work on now. Still got the Other Apple IIe in the closet in my room. It needs a drive controller and a couple other things. I can look for them while I'm looking for another project.

Things got so slow online yesterday afternoon that along about 6:30 I finally said the heck with it and shut the computer down. I went into my room and fired up the XBox 360 and played Wolfenstein for a while. Didn't get much of anywhere but I did discover some neat ways to get killed. It doesn't help when the controller cuts out. Afterward I used the XBox for another of it's functions. I put in a DVD and watched Tron, the only DVD movie I have here. I really need to send someone over to my place and bring back a Wal-Mart bag full of DVD's so I can have something to watch.

[Image: IMAGE101.jpg]

[Image: P1010013-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-25-2013

Good morning. Just a brief weather report from the Arizona desert. Right now we're looking at the mid-60's for a low and the high 90's for the highs, typical for this time of the year. But.... by Friday, we have a cold front coming in with highs in the mid-80's. A few weeks ago, that was our lows. That just tells you how things change here. Still, right now, no one is complaining after a very brutal, record hot summer.

Still working on my oil depot. I just about finished up the Interstate Oil kit, now I need to start making it all look like it isn't just painted plastic and find the right spot on my layout for it.