The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-25-2013

Morning. Sunny. Being lazy this AM. Watched a couple of movies on TV. Now to Hunters Haven for a few. Then some errands.
Fiat, glad son is doing better.
Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 09-25-2013

good evening all,

Cut all the yards front and back at all three houses, was nice and cool out but still winded. I found two stalks of corn in parents yard not very tall but they each have an ear. Looks like a tree rat may have dropped a kernel or two in the yard one at the back fence and one up by the back patio.

The last time I was able to make it to the nutrition center was early August ran out of meal replacements but between working and doing yard work I maintained my weight. Started back on the diet yesterday and hope to be 40 pounds lighter by January. The lowest I have ever been on the diet was 255 my goal will be to get to 250ish and maintain that weight.
Started at 379 pounds 379-255=124 pound weght loss currently 290 so after several years I keep off 89 pounds and am maintaining it at 89 pound loss.

Saw a cut of hoppers at the parsons yard mostly CSX but there were a few older hoppers still with Seaboard and Conrail markings.

Still waiting for my plastic for 3D printer to arive. Got the lattest CTT and NMRA magazines the other day no model building yet this week just catching up on rest maybe tomarrow I can do some modeling and computer drawing as well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-25-2013

AF350 Wrote:The lowest I have ever been on the diet was 255 my goal will be to get to 250ish and maintain that weight.
Heaviest I've ever been is 265. At 254 now. My doctor was saying something about getting down to 140. I looked at him ans said 'Jesus man! What are you trying to do? Kill me?' I haven't weighed 140 since I was seventeen! That was over thirty-five years ago.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-25-2013

Not much going on here today. I worked on the F3's a little. They now all have diaphragms and when two units are placed back to back they actually meet. I was digging through some of the old desks in the office here and I came across some video disks. That's right. Video CD's. Four to be exact, two movies worth. One is Tron which I watched last night on DVD on the XBox. The other is Gone in Sixty Seconds, the 1974 version. I had forgotten I had these. I brought them down here shortly after Katrina as the computer had just CD capability then. They had been transferred to DVD legally years before. VCD's won't work on the XBox but they work fine on the computer here in either the DVD drive or the CD drive with equal clarity. So tonight I'm watching Gone in Sixty Seconds.

Gone in Sixty Seconds (1974) has been watched in it's entirety and I'm now calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: 151.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5267.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-25-2013

Good night all. Early meeting in Raleigh. Gone before daylight.

Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-26-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's clear and 57 degrees this morning headed fora high in the low 80s with gentle breezes up to about 20 mph.

Shopping trip yesterday was successful but mundane. New towels and jeans. Had a nice visit with son's mother-in-law. She is recovering nicely and looks to be home by Thanksgiving if not sooner.

No plans yet for today other than a bike ride.

Our son has moved to Jakarta for the remainder of his time overseas. This should cut back on the long days as today and tomorrow are mostly social events. He will start his return trip tomorrow and be back home on Saturday. Looking forward to some interesting stories.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 09-26-2013

RB, was that 1974 version the one with Eleanor? I lived in Houston , and saw it there. They had the car on show at the Galleria Mall, the original one used in making the movie. It was a sight to behold. I always thought the original was "Gone In 30 Seconds", and the later one was Gone In 60 Seconds, an entirely different movie.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-26-2013

yellowlynn Wrote:RB, was that 1974 version the one with Eleanor? I lived in Houston , and saw it there. They had the car on show at the Galleria Mall, the original one used in making the movie. It was a sight to behold. I always thought the original was "Gone In 30 Seconds", and the later one was Gone In 60 Seconds, an entirely different movie.

Lynn
It was indeed the one with 'Eleanor'. Both movies had the same title but in my opinion the 1974 version rolls the newer one up and smokes it like a cheap cigar.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 09-26-2013

Good morning. It's 82° with 49% humidity. The high will be 92° and will feel like 97°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Nothing much going on here this morning. It took me several hours just to get a simple virus scan done. Swepco, the local power company wasn't making it easy. Four times this morning they managed to mess up the transfers which resulted in momentary power outages. I'm about to the point that I just want to snatch up the first Swepco lineman I come across and tie him up in increasingly smaller and tighter knots. And I have the size and appearance that would make one think I could do it too despite being minus half a leg. I can get around on my knees fairly well for a short distance.

My father just took off on an errand to Lowe's to get some things he needs for household projects. So I gave him a list of things I want. A Dremel 7-bit set ranging from 1/32" to 1/8" (he noted that I already have one and I pointed out it has three broken bits and Lowe's doesn't sell the bits individually), some cheap flat black spray paint and a small container of lacquer thinner.

[Image: P1010012-4.jpg]

[Image: P1010022-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 09-26-2013

You're right RB. They were the same title, but like you say, the second one was bad enough that I didn't really realize that they were the same movie.

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - thetramp - 09-26-2013

RB, did you get the PM I sent you on the sound chip. Being as you like to tinker with things, I thought you might like it (if you didn't already have one).

thetramp Wrote:RB, did you get the PM I sent you on the sound chip. Being as you like to tinker with things, I thought you might like it (if you didn't already have one).
I don't have any like those. Mine is the old MRC Sound Box. I usually don't use it for long though. I find the sounds to be very annoying after a while. I've had only one sound loco and I couldn't give it away fast enough. A friend traded me a Bachmann DCC booster for it.

Did some work on one of the F3's. Stripped the windows and portholes out of it then wiped it down with lacquer thinner to help remove the skin oils an ddirt that had built up on the shell. Then it was sprayed flat black with the exception of the roof insert which is still unpainted Zamac. That was it with that project so far. Tomorrow morning I have a doc appointment in town. General physical and lab work.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5274.jpg]

[Image: P1010050-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-27-2013

Good morning everyone. Last day of the work week (for most) before some free time. The weather here is just pleasant, we're in the 60's at around 5:30 AM our time with a high supposedly in the mid-80's. We had a rather large dust storm come through yesterday causing all sorts of accidents (as usual) along some of the highways. The storm hit most of the valley, except for the NW where we live. That's fine if there's no rain, and there wasn't, just a lot of dust.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, we have a double tie going into the final stretch of the Orphan Challenge voting poll. It would be great to see more votes and perhaps break these ties. So again, if you haven't voted yet, now's the time. Welcome