The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-04-2013

Everyone in the path of Karen - Be safe!! Check in after it passes and let us know that you are OK Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-04-2013

Got the doc visit taken care of. He's curious as to why my blood pressure keeps jumping up and down. One minute it's above normal, the next it's going way below normal, like it was when I was a kid. I had frequent problems with low blood pressure back in the late sixties up to the mid seventies. Late seventies it closer to normal then when I went on meds for diabetes in the eighties it shot up above normal and I've had high blood pressure ever since, well until recently when my home health care nurse noticed it diving below normal. At least now I know why I've been having dizzy spells and briefs periods of blindness. They last only last a second or two and usually come after something lake a violent sneeze. But anyway they did a battery of tests to try and find out how bad this thing with the blood vessel is. They say there very definitely is one blocked. They can hear it but can't quite pinpoint it. I think they're trying to determine if I'm strong enough for any surgery that may be needed. HELLO! I just had a leg cut off and came out of that with no problem. I can bench press a mechanical bed with one arm! I think I'm strong enough! The next step will be a sonogram. That's scheduled for the 27th. My father went see his doctor this morning to find out what's causing some health issues he's been suffering with lately and got some news he wasn't expecting. We have something in common. He's a type two diabetic. The doc put him on some medicine for it and told him he has to modify his diet and to avoid white and wheat bread as much as possible. That's gonna be hard for him. He loves bread! Especially wheat.

Well I got some items in the mail today.

An Athearn blue box GP50.
[Image: DSCN5305.jpg]

A 'Silver Streak' DVD.
[Image: DSCN5313.jpg]

And this anniversary boxcar with a unique road number that won't be repeated.
[Image: DSCN5296.jpg]

I still have one more item coming and it should be here Monday. An Apple Disk II disk drive, model A2M0003.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 10-04-2013

ezdays Wrote:Good morning all on this last workday (for most) of he week. Weather-wise, we're looking at below normal temps, lows in the 60's and highs in the upper 80's. The Weather Channel says, "abundance of sunshine". Ahh yes, living here is finally paying off.

Trying to build an office for my fuel depot. Kitbashed one, but it doesn't look right, so I'll try something else. Hey, it's keeping me busy and out of trouble. Icon_lol Confusedhock:

Like the Man says...."An idle mind is the Devil's playground..." Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-04-2013

This evening I watched the 1934 release of 'The Silver Streak' and thoroughly enjoyed it. First time I've seen it on DVD and I have to say it looked much better than it did on VHS.

I spent a bit of time earlier reattaching some metal handrails on a blue box Athearn GP50 (UP paint but not for long if I have anything to do with it). I don't have any of my decals here. They were all left at my trailer. If I can find some thin enough paper I can print some like I used to. It's kinda tricky getting the background color right but it can be done. First though I need to get a color cartridge. All I have is an old black one and it's acting like it's running out. Gonna be a while before any decal printing gets done.

he trip into town the doc today was very demanding for me. I had to get a ride with my brother-in-law. His choice of transportation is a Ford F150 pickup and it's high enough that it needs step rails. Getting up into it was very tricky. I did manage to crawl up into it though. Getting out was easy. Just slide out onto my one foot, turn and sit back in my Hugo chair. Getting back into the truck when we were leaving the docs office was much easier as my B-I-L had parked it so the right side was close to a concrete wheelchair ramp, close enough that I could easily jump onto the step rail then grab the panic handle and use it to lift my 240lb plus body onto the seat. I'm gonna be feeling that in the morning!

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

The caboose is Athearn and is from my nephews old layout.
[Image: P9100357.jpg]

[Image: qv4.jpg]

[Image: immature.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-05-2013

Morning. Sunny and very warm but low humidity. Off to farms down east to do more deer season prep.

Fiat, glad son is home safe and sound.

KRM Wrote:Good Morning Blue, Just checking in. Not much worth talking about. Our cat is sick and I am on a new diet to reduce some bad numbers and loose five Lb. Nope
Later.

Same here. No sugar and carbs to speak off. 2 to 3 miles a day walking. Moving on down belt notches. Good luck. Hope cat get better.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-05-2013

Good morning all, it's going to be an absolutely fabulous day today, it's just over 60 right now and highs predicted to be in the mid 80's. A real nice day to go out in the desert and do some target shooting. Things are loosening up as far as buying ammo here. I went to Walmart the other day shortly after 7AM, they had just brought the ammo out and there was nobody waiting. A month or two ago there used to be a good ten people in line, one guy told me he got there at 6:15 and was waiting an hour. Now I guess those that are hording have more than they can store and those that have been selling it for up to four times what they paid are finding they don't have the buyers that they used to. The only thing that is still in tight supply are .22's and there are restrictions both at Walmart and Cabela's on how much you can buy at one time. Prices are still up about 50% though, I'm hoping that changes as supplies on the shelf increases.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-05-2013

Good morning all.

Got my plastic for the 3D printer, latest drawing not converting from STL format into g-code that the Makerbot uses to define the tool path 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Will be e-mailing Makerbot to see if they have any suggestions. I kinda think maybe it is an issue with not enough RAM or the amount of detail is beyound the software(maker ware) capabilities. May look at a 3D printer that reads STL file format.

Yesterday in the mail got some train related books and a DVD, and also a bunch of old (1975 ish) free lance / private railroad decales, they are HO but I will be enlarging them to S at some point and when I get the decal pro system will print them off as Dry transfers. Most of the decals came with notes on where the proper placement on the rolling stock is.

Yet another week of Second shift Sunday and frist shift Monday. Got new stickers for the auto tags yesterday $124.00 for 2 vehicales.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-05-2013

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. The high will be 88° and will feel like 100°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

Nothing really planned for today though I'm fairly certain something will present itself. Got the word yesterday that the blood vessel that's partially blocked is the carotid artery in the right side of my neck at or just below shoulder level.

[Image: P1010732.jpg]

[Image: P1010669.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-05-2013

Good Morning Blue
We woke up to lite rain and 66 degrees.
It's going to be a football Saturday so I will be lazy today.
No train news this morning.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-05-2013

Got a couple more upper body workouts today. Went grocery shopping. So I got a workout going from the house to the garage. With the post commissary and PX shut down the stores in town were packed! We (my father, step mother and myself) couldn't find a suitable parking space right away so we circled the parking lot like a hungry vulture until one in the handicap zone came open. My father wasted no time getting to it and cut in ahead of a very healthy looking guy in a 4x4 with no handicap placard in sight. Then he went to find a cart for me. There was one sitting three spaces away and fully charged. How lucky can you get! So we all went in (Wal-Mart) and got our respective shopping done. I was the first done. Imagine that. Of course I only spent $44.25 on thirty-eight items, all paid for on my food stamp card and none requiring refrigeration. My father on the other hand, I think that man lives in the freezer section. We got back home and I got another workout going from the garage to the house. My arms already look like I bench press a cast iron V8 block. Shoulders and upper back don't look too bad either. If only the rest of me matched. Only train related activity was taking the GP50 apart and doing a general cleaning on it. When I get enough time I'll tear it down and do a thorough inspection of the motor and drive train. It's blue box so it'll be a snap.

[Image: P1010395.jpg]

[Image: P1010309.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-06-2013

Good morning. It's 59°F with 97% humidity. The high will be 78°F and will feel like 80°F.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] in the morning becoming [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

Nothing planned for today. I may watch 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' later. If I feel like doing it I'll tear down the GP50 and do a proper power and drive train inspection on it. I'm tired today for some reason.

[Image: P1010227-22.jpg]

[Image: P1010158.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-06-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a wet 69 degrees this morning.
I have no plans for today so just checking in.
Lions play this afternoon so I can watch that and enjoy a nap while they play.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 43 this morning with a hoped for high of 52. We picked up 3/4" of rain yesterday. Nice to see after a long dry spell. My wife said the grass looks greener already but I thought that the rain had just washed the dust off. Our daughter didn't fare so well. At last count she had 31 inches of snow. Every street and road in Pennington County was closed. Not a nice day for her.

We've been to breakfast and the grocery store this morning. On tap for this afternoon is a basement cleaning. Nothing train related going on lately.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-06-2013

Good slightly afternoon all.

RB, I just watched the Hitchhicker's Guide DVD the other day. Also watched half of a TV series from across the pond called The Flockton Flyer(not that bad of a show).

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-06-2013

Tore down the GP50 this morning to it's very last clip, disassembled the motor, checked all the gears. Other than needing a good cleaning and a lube change all I found wrong is the motor mounts (press-in rubber pads) have become brittle and are very loose. So a new set of plastic screw-in motor mounts is on the way and should be here on the 10th.