The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-12-2013

I've gotten a start on the new game. The 'tentative' name on it right now is 'Native Fury'. So far I have the introduction screen done. That explains what the game is about, where it takes place, what you'll be doing, what the commands are and how they work. That's all for now but it's a start.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-12-2013

Well I've made some progress. I worked out a rough flowchart for the first part of the game. That chart has forty-eight sections. I'm breaking that chart down into smaller charts of five to eight blocks. For now each block has five to ten lines of code. I've already worked in the first subchart of eight blocks starting with block 20, 100,200, 300,400, 500, 600, 700. The second subchart will start with block 800. The charts below are the original flowchart of part one of the game. It's going to be at least three parts before it's finished. The second chart is the first subchart from the first flowchart. There will be at least six of these from this one flowchart and there will be at least two more flowcharts. And all this is going into a computer that has 128k RAM and a 1.2 mhz processor. Slow is the operative word here.

[Image: DSCN5394.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5396.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-12-2013

Good evening all and happy Columbus day(10/12 the real day) I wonder if the government is shut down is Columbus day(Monday) still counts as a holiday?

I am full of chili from a chili cook off (12 enterys including 4 or 5 resturaunts) My favorites did not even place, they were chili with chocolate(kinda on the sweet side), Chili with sausage, a mild chili from a local diner. A kinda new to the area chain called Texas Road house had a chili that was good but to me it was like a burrito less the tortila shell and made kinda soupy. Mom bid on a cake and won a very large pineapple upside down cake. The proceeds went to the church missions.

No trains or train related stuff today, just work around the house and getting back into the work mindset as yet again I am scheduled for Sunday 2nd shift and Monday 1st shift.

2 Days in a row I fixed "mexican" corn bread, not that much mexican about it but here it is:

1 box of corn bread mix
1/3 cup of milk + a tiny bit more
1 egg
1/4 of a bag of shredded cheese
2 cut up into bits medium size bell peppers(red for some color)
(Optional) 1 or 2 small japhlpino or other chili peppers
1/2 drained can of sweet corn
(Optional) chopped up medium sweet onion

Pre heat oven at 400 to 450 Deg. F

Mix well all ingredints and pour into a greased pan or one that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Pan should be a shallow glass pan as a meatloaf pan makes it take longer to cook all the way through.

Bake until golden brown on the edges, poke the top of bread with knife if it comes out with runny stuff bake it a little bit longer. It is a moist corn bread but should not be runny. Can be ate alone or as a base for a taco salad.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011601.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0495.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-13-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 32 degrees this morning with an anticipated high of 66.

Nothing major happening around here. Busy cleaning the house and getting ready to leave for South Dakota for about week. This afternoon my wife is heading over to our son's mother-in-law to take care of her for a few days . She just got home from the hospital after some medical challenges. I'll be on my own until sometime Wednesday when my wife returns.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-13-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a sunny 60 this morning.
Our train club meet was well attended and lot's of different trains were run.
Each member brings whatever they want to see on someone else's layout.
The train show season has begun so I will be off for my first of the fall shows today.
I am not looking for anything right now but it's always nice to visit with the show guys.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-13-2013

Morning. Back from Sunday School. Errands to run and then off to farms down east. Hunting for a few days. Also installing power pole and electrical boxes for camper. Hope to setup camper next weekend.

KRM Wrote:I have been on a new diet for a week now to reduce some of my blood work numbers and BP. No fun allowed. Cheers Nope Wallbang
Three weeks to go till I retake the blood work and find out the results. Seems I have to be below 130 over 84 for my CDL and I am at 140 over 85. Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang
Be good!
Hit that long driveway from your house to the main highway and back. Will really help. Been walking 2+ miles a day. Cut sweets and etc. Dropped over 10 lbs. in less than 4 weeks. Also all those numbers you talked about dropped.

Have a great week.

Chat in a few days.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-13-2013

Good morning. It's 69° with 100% humidity. The high will be 85° and will feel like 94°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg][Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond60.jpg]

No real plans for today. I'm not feeling very good. This morning I'm watching Jurassic Park. Maybe tyhis afternoon I'll work on programming in the second subchart for Native Fury.

[Image: P1010080.jpg]

A GE U25B is being towed back to the shop. They may make it before Christmas.
[Image: P1011475.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-13-2013

Well I got two subcharts (fourteen blocks) programmed in today, twice what I had planned on doing but I wanted to get the killers cabin done today as well as the forest segment. Tomorrow I'll probably be working on the airport segment or the hotel segment or if I'm feeling really good I may do both! I've only been working on it for two days and there are already several ways for the player to get killed. Here's the kicker. You only get three lives and each time you get sacked you have to start at square one and go find the things you need again. Things like keys, a lantern, a knife, etc. I haven't worked a train into it yet but anything's possible. I decided to knock off for today as my eyes were starting to get tied in knots. The program already takes up fourteen sectors on the diskette. The coding is basic and is mostly if-then-goto statements. It's been a long time since I did anything like this (wrote Hell House in 1998 under the HomeTech Software logo) but it's coming back.

Got a lot done on the game today. I drug out some of the old tech books from my old 'SoftWare Designs' company (shut down in 1990) as my programming jargon is quite rusty. There's a lot of the old commands and such that I can't remember the precise use of. Basic isn't that hard once you know your way around it. Problem is I've forgotten a lot of it and have to relearn it without the benefit of the manuals I used to have. I've been looking at some of my older programs to see what I used, how I used it and where. Kind of like relearning a language you haven't used in many years. I did the same when I had to relearn VisiCalc before I could teach someone how to use it on their old Apple II system. For those who might not know, VisiCalc was the first spreadsheet computer program. It was originally released for the Apple II. It's often considered the application that turned the Apple computer from a hobby into a serious tool for business two years before IBM introduced their pc. Well now I'm having to relearn Applesoft Basic. For me it's rather like going back to school and I never really enjoyed school all that much. I'll be posting updates on how the game is coming along not that anybody is seriously interested.

Time for me to call it a day. See y'all tomorrow.

L&A officials out inspecting the track.
[Image: P1011472.jpg]

A little sandlot baseball anyone?
[Image: P1011453.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-14-2013

Good morning all, I hope your weekend was full of pleasant and restful times. Refreshing is the only word I can find that describes our current, below-average weather. The A/C still wants to kick in once in a while, but not like it did even a few weeks ago.

I am making progress in cleaning up my train room. It's been a while since I saw the top of my workbench and things are getting so well organized and moved around, that I'm sure I won't be able to find anything when I need it. On the positive side, I now know that I have a bunch of stuff that I totally forgot that I had. 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-14-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 43 degrees this morning with a high predicted to be in the mid 60s. 90% chance of rain for tonight.

Day 2 of bachelor life begins with another list of projects, one of which is to install a ceiling fan in the guest bedroom. Also on the agenda are a trip to the gym and an assortment of small projects.

Chief - congrats on all the good numbers from your walking.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-14-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 53 degrees.
our club meet video is up on the Detroit 3 Railers web site.
There is a surprise passenger on one of the freights.
Pulled muscle or pinched nerve? Not sure but my left leg hurts from butt to knee when I walk.
I'm hoping it will just take care of it's self.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-14-2013

Good afternoon. It's 79° with 80% humidity. The high will be 85° and will feel like 90°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

Had a rough night and didn't get to sleep until after 2am. So I slept in this morning and really didn't bother getting up until I heard my nurse knocking on the door. No progress on the game thus far today. I really don't feel like messing with it right now.

[Image: P1011443.jpg]

[Image: P1011446.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-14-2013

Evening all,

Went to work last night sick as a dog, went back early this morning and the first hour or so I had no voice(not good being you have to communicate by yelling louder than the equipment). Fortunately for coworkers nobody had to listen to me gripe and complain much today, yesterday the supervisor had me train a new hire good thing I still had a voice Sunday night. Unfortunately for you all fingers and keyboard still work Icon_lol