The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 10-18-2013

For those of you that just "stop by" in this thread.. We have a poll going on asking you to please take a second to vote for the theme you use:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7130">www.bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7130</a><!-- w -->

This is something important to us, so please vote!!!!

~~~~ Thanks!!!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-18-2013

I prefer the default scheme. The Gauge Dark. My vote reflects that.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011101.jpg]

[Image: P1011123.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-18-2013

KRM Wrote:AF350. Love that 3-D printer.We were playing around with them about 9-10 years ago when I was in engineering at Cat. They were new back then.
What do they cost these days?

There are several desktop 3D printers out there with more hitting the market at a fast pace. Mine is a makerbot Replicator 2 and is tuned to use PLA filiment and was $2199.00(slight buyer's remorse) comparable to mine are the Series 1 3D printer sold by Jameco electronics at $1600.00 and the TAZ 3D by Lulzbot at $2195.00(TAZ 2 just came out but not sure the price) then there are others like Afina(NVRR I think would be the expert on that one) Most use plastic filiment some use a liquid polymer that solidifies with exposure to laser light($$$$$$) then there is the original open source hardware 3D printer REP-RAP(nerd alert). The one you used was more than likely a commercial version with a price tag closer to an expesive sports car.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-18-2013

Good evening, ........well early morning ..........what ever Icon_lol

Been busy today doing stuff for parents, went to a farmers market got some apples they are red and yellow and about the size of a grapefruit Eek I forsee an apple pie soon(I hope).

Bachmann sent me a big thick catalog of N, HO, O, On30, and Large scale and a flyer about there wilimas by Bachmann club car an old time Refeer car. Only thing in the catalog I want is the O gauge circuis train.

Just checked my work schedule agin with the 2nd shift Sunday and First shift Monday.

As for the cold no fever, no coughing but still a bit of rattle in the lungs a few more hot peppers in the diet will take care of some of the congestion and the voice is back.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-19-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have lite rain and 44 degrees this morning.
York talk is the thing this weekend, with Lionel showing a Vision line Engine that has a receding coal load.
Some on another forum have blown it off as usual but trying new ideas is what the vision line is for.
A good chat with some of the guys last night and it's a football Saturday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-19-2013

Running Bear Wrote:I prefer the default scheme. The Gauge Dark. My vote reflects that.

Thanks, we're just trying to determine if we can get rid of one or two of these styles. They all use a bunch of individual files that not only take up room but take time to maintain, even if they're not used.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-19-2013

Good morning. It's cool and wet here. The temp is 57 and the humidity is 100%. The high will be 72°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond30.jpg]

No plans for today. Think I'll take a day's break from programming.

[Image: P1011097.jpg]

[Image: P1011041.jpg]

[Image: P1010979.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-19-2013

Well, happy weekend to ya' all. Here we are at mid-morning and we are at 80° already, not that far from the expected 87 for the high. All-in-all, it should be a nice day today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-19-2013

I was looking through some old MS-DOS software here and I found my old Zork I CD. I put it in the computer and it still works fine. Played Zork I for a while this morning. I then looked into the 'Extras' directory (this CD was put together by a friend of mine, not Infocom). There I found several things of interest including the online link where I could download the other Zork games. Since the time this CD was burned the link evidently was changed as I didn't find it on the first try. A quick search led me right to the current link. The downloads were in the form of ZIP files so you better believe they were very well scanned before I opened them. So now I have Zork II and Zork III. I'd heard of a fourth game and after a bit of searching I found and downloaded Zork Zero. It's the only Zork game to have any kind of graphics. So now I can play Zork again. It may give me some ideas for my own game as well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-19-2013

RB,

I have I, II, and III for the apple IIe fun game as long as you do not let your light go out Icon_lol

INFOCOM had some other text adventures as well.

I remember playing a game called PC Hack (a D&D type game that used ASCII characters for the graphics) a very low tech game but it was fun.

I had started a adventure game and got as far as a map many years ago, I had a book by Tim Hartenell on the subject using basic. Not likely to try again for awhile. I have been toying with the idea of writing a program that is an electronics study guide and hobby reference.

AF350 Wrote:RB,

I have I, II, and III for the apple IIe fun game as long as you do not let your light go out Icon_lol
I sent you a PM.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 10-19-2013

Running Bear Wrote:I prefer the default scheme. The Gauge Dark. My vote reflects that.
Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

That's my choice as well... Thumbsup

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5342.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4736.jpg]

[Image: P1010953.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-20-2013

Greetings, gang, from the land of Great Faces, Great Places.

For those not familiar with the slogan, I'm in Rapid City, SD this morning We're about 20 miles from Mt. Rushmore. We won't be taking time to visit there this trip. We're at our daughter's house, helping them celebrate their 10th anniversary. Last night we tool our grandson to the symphony. The musicians performed well but the piece wasn't one that I enjoyed. Sibelius Symphony #2 in case you're interested.

Right now it's 46 degrees and windy. That's about as warm as it's going to get but the winds are expected to increase to 40+ mph. It's gonna be hang on to your hat weather today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-20-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 42 degrees.
Our #3 grandson had a birthday party yesterday afternoon but I stayed till after dark watching collage football.
I guess I should have stayed there as the Tigers went down hard and the Red Wings lost as well.
Only news on the 3 rail train front is the MTH catalog that has nothing for me in it.
Yes we had our evening chat.
S.J.