The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-27-2013

On the game I've got three street blocks filled in. One street block is two property blocks which of course have a home block each. So three street blocks equals six property blocks and six home blocks. Each property and home block have an average of nine mini-blocks which look like a tic-tac-toe grid and each mini-block has an average of eight lines of code and there's over a hundred lines of code in subroutines that govern how the program works. Now that everybody's confused I'll head off to bed. I have a doc appointment in the morning to find out where and how bad the blocked blood vessels I have are.

See y'all later.

[Image: P1012447.jpg]

[Image: P1010400.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-28-2013

Good morning folks. Weatherwise, we have yet another warm day ahead, just about normal, but tomorrow we drop a good 10-12 degrees. For the record, starting today, we've never gone over 100 degrees through the end of the year. That's comforting since we did have the A/C back on this past weekend.

RB, one of the things that almost got me looking at a different hobby was the way people were treating others over at some other forums. Be it jealousy or arrogance, they acted very childish in their behavior. I suspect that some of them were just that, children, but regardless of age, it can be construed as cyberbullying In some cases can get kids suspended from school. adults fired from their jobs, restricted from using the Internet or worse. I found The-Gauge over ten years ago, and it was refreshing how everyone treated everyone else here. If i wasn't for the people on these forums, I'd be out flying R/C planes, painting pictures or doing some other hobby. I never dreamed at that time that I would be part owner of these forums to carry on the tradition, but our policy and respect for others have never changed. If you are being harassed, I truly hope that it's not one of our members. As you say, anonymity does show that they are cowards, and if they are very young, I really hope that they learn how to act and treat others, before they grow up.

Do not stop posting pictures because of the hurtful words of one person, I'm sure that some people would find it difficult to do some of the things you do.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-28-2013

Good morning. It's 58° with 100% humidity. The high will be 78° and feel like 85°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

Got a doc appointment at 10:30 this morning. that'll blow the rest of the morning and a good chunk of the afternoon as Dr Matthew isn't known for being quick.

News from Paradise Cove. Grues have been sighted! As they're creatures that live in darkness staying to lit areas is a good way to avoid them. One grue has been seen to wear a blindfold therefore light doesn't drive it away. It's kept locked away in a certain MIL's room behind a heavy door with a special lock so all should be safe as long as some 'adventurer' doesn't find the key to that lock!

[Image: P1010388.jpg]

[Image: P1010462.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-28-2013

Morning all. Back from the hunting woods. No big antlers so watched them and let them walk. Hope all are doing OK. Now I am trying to see when I can go back this week. Calling for scattered showers Fri. We'll see. Had our first frost Friday AM. Heavy one. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-28-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have cloudy skies and 47 degrees.
Back from my dental cleaning, good for another six months.
Well surprise! The Lions pulled off a last minute win yesterday. I'm glad I stayed for the end, cause it looked like a loss for sure.
I had a chat with Brutus last night, no one else showed. And a new week begins.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-28-2013

Went to see the doc today. They did a sonogram of both sides of my neck to see if any of the arteries were blocked. They didn't find anything. There's good blood flow on both sides. This means the blockage, if there is one is further up and it's going to take a CT scan to find it. I'm scheduled to go back in two weeks.

Did a little more work on the Paradise Cove module. A property block. It's infested with pesky garden gnomes and wicked trolls. The trolls are particularly nasty and will kill you if they get the chance. The gnomes aren't all that pleasant either. And this is just the yard. The character hasn't gotten into the house yet! What awaits him there?

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-28-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's cloudy and 45 degrees outside my window this afternoon with an east wind gusting up to 25 mph. Rain chances begin tonight and run through Wednesday night.

Back from the eye doctor with new prescription in hand. We'll start looking for new glasses when my wife gets back from our son's mother-in-law on Wednesday. After I got home this afternoon I got a phone call from one of our grandsons. He wants me to go to the dentist with him tomorrow. Last time he went he woke up in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. He had a bad reaction to the anesthetic the dentist used. Understandably, he's a little nervous.

I called the tree service today to have a crab apple tree taken out of the back yard. It's dying and needs to come down. It wouldn't be so bad except that it's a tree my daughter brought home from school in 5th grade. She's now 38. On the other hand, it's a very messy tree and I'll be glad to see it leave.

All stay safe.

Tom

Benn busy since this afternoon. Put some groceries away. Then got started on Paradise Cove again. I've added a few properties and homes today. I'm in the middle of programming in the home at 912 Nelson Street. When Nelson Street is done I'll get started on Aurora Drive.

Well it's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010408.jpg]

[Image: P1010227-22.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 10-28-2013

Well took a couple long naps today after getting home from work and now can not sleep.

Real trains could be heard hooking up this evening in the distance.

No work on trains or other interests so far this week.

Was cornered by two big whimpy dogs bringing the trash can back from the curb, they were the neighbor's dogs and not on a leash. Being an animal person I was not scared of them but they had me in a corner between house and fence and they were barking aggresively. I slowly put my hand out for them to smell and the biggest dog took off yelping. Icon_lol

I did finaly get rid of the cold, at its worst I even had some kind of sinus problem that was even draining from the left eye, never seen or heard of such a thing before.

Well that is about it for the night.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-29-2013

Gooooood moooooorning all. Two more days before all the ghosts and goblins come out to try to scare us. Mornings are also the time for Dracula and his friends to head to bed. We've all heard about them, but few of us have seen them.... I was able to set up a camera one night though, and caught this shot of Zig the Impaler along with his identical twin, the immortal, Count Zigula. They were hanging around some abandon buildings on my layout waiting for the next train to Transylvania. Eek Eek Eek

Oh, don't be fooled by their innocent looks and "I love you" on their shirts. Nope What they really love is a sip of your blood..... 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-29-2013

Morning. Warm for Oct. here. Suppose to be that way all week. Probably off to the hunting camp Thursday noon. Got Fall Festival on Sat so will have to come back Friday night [unless rain hits early Friday]. Free hot dogs for all Sat.

Kev, sounds like a good trip you had. Explain the Legacy Lite system.

Chat later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-29-2013

Did some more work on Paradise Cove today. Today was fun with garden gnomes for one thing. On one property block the character comes across a back yard that's littered with garden gnomes and almost immediately he's being bothered by them. One kicks his foot. If he leaves the back yard then comes back another one will climb his leg and bite his knee. There's about five things they can do then it resets to the first one. When he gets into the house he's safe from the gnomes. I still have four houses and properties to do on Nelson Street then I'll start on Aurora Drive.

In the house I'm working on now the character can find a train pass taped under the dining table. He'll find out what it's for later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-29-2013

Remember the house I said I was working on? The one with the train pass hidden in it? Well it also has a BIG (HUGE!) train room! Sorry O and N Scalers. It's HO, 1st and 2nd gen diesels, EMD's mostly. Time frame around 1970's, south-central US.

When the character finds the room he won't know how to activate the layout until he searches the room. IF he has the train pass his search will be successful. On the control panel he'll find a metal box with a slit in the side. Below the slit it says 'Insert Control Card Here!' If he doesn't have the pass well forget it! He won't find squat! At this point the player (if he found the card, and believe me, the game knows whether it was found or not) can insert the card by typing in "INSERT CARD". I bet you were expecting something creative. The program will go to a separate set of routines that are just for the layout. A control panel will light up displaying buttons that can be pushed to initiate certain actions (or disasters) on the layout and the action will be described. But when it's over it's over and the character has to leave. The layout can't be run again during THAT game sequence. In other words the game must be started over or the character has to (GASP!) die.

Owing to the fact that I feel like crap and I'm shaking like leaf (got the heater blasting at 81 here in the office and I'm shivering to beat the band). I'm going to call it a night and hand this over to my spellchecker. I know it's going to light up like a Christmas tree. See y'all tomorrow, I hope.

This is what I need to get out of my chair right now!
[Image: IMAG0182.jpg]

[Image: P1010143-1-1.jpg]

[Image: gr4.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-30-2013

Good morning all. Just a few weeks ago, our lows were in the low-70's, today, that's suppose to be our high. That's about ten degrees below normal. That won't last though since we'll be back in the upper 80's by the end of the week.

It's been a year since Sandy hit the Jersey shores. I've been watching a few shows on TV that have been going there and working on some of the mess created by Sandy, and it's great that the networks are diverting that kind of energy and money to help there rather than do their usual home repair-type shows. Apparently, many of those in need still haven't gotten the government's help, as promised, nor have they settled with their insurance companies. That's a pity. We're able to provide a half-billion dollars to a company that went broke a few weeks later, we're going to come up about ten-billion dollars short on a 50 billion dollar loan we made to a major car company or we can give away billions to countries that despise and fight against us, but we can't spend the tax dollars where they are needed the most, to help our own people. Curse Curse

I was born and raised in New Jersey, and although I haven't lived there for many years, I still feel the connection.

Enough of the soapbox, I also want to remind you that we have just two short days to bid on the N scale caboose being auctioned off here. We appreciate those who have been bidding, and we are always amazed at the support we get from our members here. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-30-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 35 degrees this morning.
I took granny to see one of her sisters yesterday, we had a safe trip and a nice but not long enough visit. We did go early but.
I wanted to get back across town before rush hour.
So no train news from here this morning.
Happy Hump Day.
S.J.