The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-30-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's very foggy this morning at 50 degrees. High for today should be n the low 60s. Rains is supposed to start this afternoon and last until sometime tonight with up to an inch (so they say).

Not much happening around here. Later today when my wife gets home we need to get some candy for the trick-or-treaters tomorrow. Yesterday afternoon I got another crop of leaves harvested. Yard waste disposal site is closed on Wednesday so I'll probably take them tomorrow or Friday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-30-2013

Morning all. Partly cloudy and warm. Just finished a 2 miler. Errand to do. Getting ready for a trip tomorrow noon to hunting camp. May rain me back home Friday afternoon though. That's Ok as Sat will be sunny and warm for Town's Fall Festival and free hot dogs.

Kev, yes I have heard of that system. Will be a good intro system and not so much investment. I don't use a lot of my Legacy apps. Really not necessary to have real fun and operate like a real railroad. Too much automation ruins the fun.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-30-2013

Good morning. It's 67° with 97% humidity. The high will be 82°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond40.jpg]

Still not feeling much better than I did last night. I'll probably do some more work on Paradise Cove today. I want to get Nelson Street done before I start on the train room subroutines.

[Image: IMAG0007.jpg]

[Image: P1010014.jpg]

[Image: P1010021.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-30-2013

I'm up a bit late tonight but not by choice. I still feel like crap but not quite as bad as last night. Because of this I didn't do much work on Paradise Cove today. I finished one home block and started on another property block. I didn't feel up to doing more than that. Got a doc appointment to go to in DeRidder in the morning. I think they're going to make a mold so they can use it to make a casting of my stump to use for making a test socket. From there they can make changes so they make a proper socket for a prosthesis. I hope they can get it done quickly. I'd like to be able to walk again.

Time for me to try to call it a night. See y'all sometime tomorrow.

[Image: P1010032.jpg]

KCS 4690 ES44AC
[Image: P1010013.jpg]

KCS 4583 AC4400CW
[Image: P1010015.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-31-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 37 degrees this morning with a high expected to be about 50. That's gonna make it downright chilly for the trick-or-treaters tonight.

Got stocked up on candy and a few groceries yesterday. Last night I actually did some stuff in the train room other than cleaning. First time working on the trains in a long time. No major activities planned for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-31-2013

Morning. Partly cloudy and WARM. Off to the hunting woods until tomorrow night. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-31-2013

Chief Eagles Wrote:Morning. Partly cloudy and WARM. Off to the hunting woods until tomorrow night. Have a good one.

Hey Chief, what's your definition of "warm"? We are in the low 50's right now and to us, that's chilly. This is the first morning that the heater in the car kicked in on our way to breakfast. I'm grateful that both the restaurant and Walmart had their heat turned on. I'm not complaining, just that if we go out tomorrow and it's this cold, I'm wearing a jacket. 8-)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-31-2013

Good Afternoon. It's 68° with 100% humidity. The high will be 78° and feel like 84°.
[Image: cond006.gif] with [Image: cond100.jpg] and tonight [Image: cond40.jpg]

Got up at 6:15 this morning and the rain was coming down hard. Got ready for my doctors appointment and 7:30 came around it was still raining hard and heavy. I got another shower on the way to the car and it rained all the way to DeRidder and all the way back. Now the funny part, while we were at the docs office the rain let up and it was calm. We got ready to leave and it started pouring again.

Report from the docs office: They made a fiberglass mold of my stump and took some measurements. I have to go back in two weeks to try on a test socket that I can walk around on so they can the rest of the information they need for a permanent fitting. The doc says I'll be walking by Thanksgiving.

KCS 609 SD40-3 Renumbered KCS 60009. Ex-UP 3084. Photo taken April 13th 2008.
[Image: P1010003.jpg]

[Image: P1010007.jpg]

KCS 7011 SD50 - Ex-NS 5476, Ex2-CR6832. Photo taken Sept 12th 2007.
[Image: P9120423.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-31-2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN BLUE
It's 61 degrees and raining.
Sitting on the porch roof with a garden hose tonight won't have the right effect.
So I will go with plan B: a scoop of ice cream in their Halloween bags. What kid doesn't like ice cream eh.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 10-31-2013

Running Bear Wrote:The doc says I'll be walking by Thanksgiving.
Jeff, that's great news, and I am sure you will be. It will be good to get you back working on the trains again. Keep the good news coming

Charlie.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 10-31-2013

Well I don't feel any worse than I did this morning but I don't feel any better either. Maybe that's a good sign? No work was done on Paradise Cove today. In fact no work was done on anything. I just didn't feel up to it. The weather was pretty lousy today too. Rain all day. Heavy in the morning bordering on fifty gallon drums. We (my father and I) could hardly see the road while driving to DeRidder for my doc appointment this morning. He made a fiberglass mold of my stump and said in two weeks he'll have a test prostheses ready for me to stomp around on. It'll only be used in his office to find anything that has to be adjusted or changed before the final version is made. It'll be carbon-fiber. Very light but also very strong and non-conductive. He sees no reason why I shouldn't be walking by Thanksgiving.

I was looking for my KCS roster (the real roster, not models) earlier today. I found it but it's in XLS format and wouldn't you know this computer doesn't have Microsoft Excel. Well neither does my computer at home but that didn't stop me then and it wasn't going to stop me now. I did the same thing I did back then. I put Libra-Office on this system. It does everything I need to do with XLS documents and more and it's free so that's a plus I like. Now I can read my KCS rosters.

Well I'm quite tired so I'm going to wrap it up and call it a day. See y'all tomorrow. Hope I feel better by then.

The loco in this video is TFM 1604, an SD70MAC. The sound stinks but the video is fair.
[Image: th_Mpg_0011.jpg]

[Image: P1010002.jpg]

[Image: P1010031.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 11-01-2013

RB,
Glad to hear the new's,about the walking. Keep up the good work,buddy! 2285_
Cheers,
Frank zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-01-2013

Good morning. It's 53° with 100% humidity. The high will be 75° and feel like 79°. Dense fog.
[Image: 11-h.png][Image: condsunny-1.jpg]

We have a dense fog advisory in effect until 10:00 am. Looks like it covers most of central Louisiana.

The only definitive plan I have for today is to get the monthly bills paid. Beyond that I have no plans.

[Image: P1010025.jpg]

KCS 683. An SD40-3 'snoot'. It was still in white the last time I saw it. Photo taken Sept 16th 2007.
[Image: P9150020.jpg]

KCS 682. An SD40-3 'snoot'. It's been on the KCS since it was new in 1978. Sept 24th 2007
[Image: P9220008.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-01-2013

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween. We had one group of four older kids walk down our street, and that was it. We spent most of our time watching spooky movies. Well, they were suppose to be, but somehow, 1950's remakes of the classics, just don't cut it. Nope

It's going to warm up a bit today, back in the low 80's, tomorrow in the high 80's, than we cool down again. No more 90°+ days for the rest of the year, although it does happen occasionally. Back in 1999, it got up to 95. Confusedhock: We've seen enough of that, so let's hope we stay normal for now. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 39 right now with a (non-binding) promise of 53 and sunny.

We had about 75 creatures of varying degrees of frightening last night. We shut the light off when the vans started pulling up and 6-8 kids piling out. Nothing major planned for today.

RB - good news on the walkng. Also, the building in the video looks rather interesting from a modeling perspective. Do you have any details/other photos? Can you tell us where it's located?

All stay safe.

Tom