The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-01-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a windy 50 degrees this morning.
It rained all day yesterday but let up enough towards evening that the kids got out without getting too wet.
We don't get Treaters here anymore either. Most of the neighbors are getting older along with us so the kids don't bother coming to our end of the block.
We have a big train show this weekend and I guess I will go tonight and help set up the Glancy modular layout.
It use to be a Sunday only show but the hall they use now is rented for the full weekend so they decided on a two day show.
No big news from my favorite toy store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-01-2013

I picked up two items for use with my Apple //e's. One is a Disk II disk drive guaranteed to be working ($80) and the other is a CP/M co-processor card ($63). These items could have sold for a lot more. They should be here on or about Tuesday (5th). Got free shipping on the disk drive.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-01-2013

FiatFan Wrote:RB - the building in the video looks rather interesting from a modeling perspective. Do you have any details/other photos? Can you tell us where it's located?
The building in the video is the old Leesville depot. It was remodeled back in the 80's and became the Museum of West Louisiana. The track alongside is the KCS mainline and is still very much in service. As for photos, you asked for it.

[Image: photoE.jpg]

[Image: photoF.jpg]

[Image: photoG.jpg]

[Image: photoH.jpg]

[Image: photoI.jpg]

[Image: photoJ.jpg]

[Image: photoN.jpg]

[Image: photoL.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-01-2013

Cool! Thanks for the pictures and information.

Tom

See more photos and information HERE.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - TX_CUMMINS_6BT - 11-01-2013

Hey yall hows it going. Been a long slow day here in Texas in the Oil & Gas field. Only a hr and a half left in my monday and normal folks friday. Hope to get home and work on the plans for a new layout. Anyways just thought id stop in and say hello and try to kill some time at work.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-01-2013

Home again. Got wet as rain hit right at dark. Later

Well I feel a bit better than I have the past few days but still a bit puny.

Been looking around on Ebay today for more stuff for the Apple IIe's I'm working on. I'll list them here as links and you can click them to look at the items if you wish or you can ignore them. Item #1 is a Z80A CP/M co-processor card. Item #2 is an Apple Disk II disk drive. Item #3 is an Apple IIc disk drive modified to work on an Apple II, II+, IIe and IIgs via a Disk II controller card. I had to have this simply because it's unusual. #1 and #2 are for my mothers old IIe which I'm refurbishing.

Only other thing accomplished today was I got my bills paid. I paid most online. My father dropped my payment at the loan office and brought me the receipt.

I watched 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' today. First time I've watched it all the way through. It was a bit tough watching Dumbledore get killed but at least it was Severus Snape that did it and not that cowardly weasel Draco Malfoy. I still laugh when I think of him being transformed into a ferret. That was very fitting!

Time for me to call it a night, or rather a morning as it's after midnight here. See y'all later.

[Image: P1010003-37.jpg]

[Image: P1010005-24.jpg]

[Image: P1010017-5.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-02-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 39 outside my window this morning with an expected high in the mid 50s and breezy with winds up to 25 mph.

Picked up my new computer glasses yesterday and they work well. Regular glasses aren't in yet. Today we new to do some grocery and Christmas shopping. Then this afternoon is football.

RB - thanks for the additional info on the station.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-02-2013

Good morning all, it's just a bit chilly outside this morning, but should be pushing 90 by this afternoon. We went out early yesterday and for the first time since around April, I wore a jacket. Halloween is usually the trigger point for that.

We congratulate Mikey, Les and all those that had a successful open house last weekend. I'm not sure if it extends to this weekend or not, but it's a pity that it has to be so far away for us here in the southwest, I would really like to meet them all and see their layouts. Sad

I've been spending a bit of time on my fuel depot. I kind of screwed up the paint job on most of the tanks and so I've got things all torn down and redoing a bunch of them. :cry: Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble anyway..... Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 11-02-2013

TX_CUMMINS_6BT Wrote:Hey yall hows it going. Been a long slow day here in Texas in the Oil & Gas field. Only a hr and a half left in my monday and normal folks friday. Hope to get home and work on the plans for a new layout. Anyways just thought id stop in and say hello and try to kill some time at work.

Welcome to Big Blue..!! Welcome
Kill time at work..?? Nobody here engages in that practice...Please refrain from doing so.... Goldth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-02-2013

If anyone is interested in reviving our chat room... we have a poll here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7164">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7164</a><!-- l -->

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-02-2013

ezdays Wrote:We congratulate Mikey, Les and all those that had a successful open house last weekend. I'm not sure if it extends to this weekend or not, but it's a pity that it has to be so far away for us here in the southwest, I would really like to meet them all and see their layouts. Sad

The Open Houses go until the last weekend of November. There are over 100 different houses open different days, so we have to plan to go out every weekend and some weeknights to see most or all of them Smile Smile

I posted Live Steam pictures here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7160">viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7160</a><!-- l -->

I'll be posting more as time allows.... Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-02-2013

Good morning. It's 55° with 82% humidity. The high will be 74° and feel like 69°. Sunny with some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Decreased the number of Mickey's relatives by one this morning. Score another one for the snap traps. The glue traps as usual came up empty.

No particular plans for today. I may work on Paradise Cove later if I feel like it. Nelson Street is almost done.

[Image: P1010021-4.jpg]

Whoops! KCS 4743 is on the ground!
[Image: P1010009-11.jpg]

[Image: P1010004-28.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - toptrain - 11-02-2013

Well I haven't sat at this fire for along time. Maybe because my coffee cup broke. The fire is warm and the company pleasant. I shared the company of 2 old friends today. Got up early in anticipation of the coming day, having no idea how I was going to fill the 3 hours up at home waiting to drive the hour to Charlie's house and arrive at 10AM, I just got in the car and went. Even though I was a hour and a half early, I being a professional BUM, was able to easily waste away the time and get the breakfast sandwiches coffee and juice and get to Charlie's only a couple of minutes after 10. That is a talent. Parked the car, got the food , went in through the garage and into the house to meet and greet my friends. We must have sat for 25 minutes talk'in about trains and things. I really don't remember what we talked about. I just know it was nice. Helped out with a chore and went don't to the basement to look at, and get a few trains from Charlie. We spent over 3 hours going through the trains there getting what we thought we needed. Then off to a place to get something to eat. Never stopped talking about trains. Bob is retiring soon so it was a retirement party between friends. That in truth was the purpose of the day. It was a nice one. I'll just quietly sit over on the side and listen for awhile.
toptrain