The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-02-2013

Not much to report. I didn't get any work done on Paradise Cove. I did however finally complete my collection of Harry Potter movies. I found a Deathly Hallows 2 DVD online for $4. That's the total price, nothing extra for shipping. So naturally I grabbed it. You don't find deals like that every day.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

Remember to set those clocks back!

[Image: P1010003-35.jpg]

[Image: P1010007-13.jpg]

[Image: 253.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 11-02-2013

RB...I really like that "junk shack". Where did you get the utility details..?? Or are they "home made"..??

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-03-2013

Good morning all. I hope those who should, remembers that most of the US is now back in sync with Arizona and Hawaii.... time-wise that is... DST is over for a few months as deemed by the Congress of the United States. Lucky for us they had left an option open for states to opt out, otherwise, it would still be light out at 10PM here in the summer Arizona desert. One interesting thing is that the Navaho Nation here in Arizona does change with DST, mainly because their territory spans several states and I guess they want to keep the continuity of all parts changing at once.

Anyway, for us, our local TV stations keep on the same schedule, but all the cable and satellite stations are now an hour earlier. Fortunately, our DVR knows the difference. Big Grin

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - toptrain - 11-03-2013

Well I haven't sat at this fire for a long time. Maybe because my coffee cup broke. The fire is warm and the company pleasant. I shared the company of 2 old friends yesterday. Got up early in anticipation of the coming day, having no idea how I was going to fill the 3 hours up at home waiting to drive the hour to Charlie's house and arrive at 10AM, I just got in the car and went. Even though I was a hour and a half early, I being a professional BUM, was able to easily waste away the time and get the breakfast sandwiches coffee and juice and get to Charlie's only a couple of minutes after 10. That is a talent. Parked the car, got the food , went in through the garage and into the house to meet and greet my friends. We must have sat for 25 minutes talking about trains and things. I really don't remember what we talked about. I just know it was nice. Helped out with a chore and went don't to the basement to look at, and get a few trains from Charlie. We spent over 3 hours going through the trains there getting what we thought we needed. Then off to a place to get something to eat. Never stopped talking about trains. Bob is retiring soon so it was a retirement party between friends. That in truth was the purpose of the day. It was a nice one. I'll just quietly sit over on the side and listen for awhile.

had a nice day
toptrain

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-03-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a cold start at 38 degrees.
Actually I like DST because within a week or so it's going to be dark here by 5pm. By 8pm the body thinks it's midnight.
I'm going to miss my usual nap and go to the train show. Not looking for anything but one never knows.
Enjoy your day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-03-2013

Steamtrains Wrote:RB...I really like that "junk shack". Where did you get the utility details..?? Or are they "home made"..??
Most are molded on, the rest are kitbashed and scrap.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-03-2013

Good morning. It's 50° with 87% humidity. The high will be 67°. There will be some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

I may do some work on Paradise Cove today if I get the chance and if I feel like it. Other than that I have no plans.

[Image: 252.jpg]

[Image: 251.jpg]

[Image: 250.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 11-03-2013

Running Bear Wrote:
Steamtrains Wrote:RB...I really like that "junk shack". Where did you get the utility details..?? Or are they "home made"..??
Most are molded on, the rest are kitbashed and scrap.

Sorry to keep bugging you...Who makes/made the kit..??

Have a good day...

I was made by Revell. It was part of the sand and pump-house kit #T9030. I bought it sometime in the early 80's.

[Image: RevellSandPumpHouse-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-03-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 54 at the moment with an expected high of 59 with a high wind advisory. Winds are expected to gust up to 45 mph this afternoon.

Yesterday my wife and I got some shopping done and then in the afternoon we watched some football. Today I have changed the oil on both cars and the snow blower. I also completed the semi-annual seasonal shed switch. I dragged the summer toys to the shed and brought up the winter toys. This afternoon I may be able to convince my wife to play some Xbox with me. We like to play games where we compete against each other. You know, where if you cann't win you run the other person off the road. Eek Icon_lol

All stay safe.

Tom

Well I didn't get a chance to do anything on Paradise Cove today other than confirm it's still on the diskette and make sure I have a viable duplicate of it. My father and stepmother kept me tied up doing little things they're more than capable of doing themselves.

I checked the tracking and see that my new CP/M co-processor card has departed White Plains. My new A2M0003 Apple disk drive is in Shreveport and should be here tomorrow. Those two items are for my mothers old Apple //e. My A2M4050 Apple //c external disk drive has just made it into the mail. That item was modified to work on an Apple 650-X104 drive controller and is therefore a candidate for my Frankenstein collection.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: 247.jpg]

[Image: 248.jpg]

[Image: P1010001-43.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-03-2013

A muchly railway day today.
Local club had an open house.
Then we went to the newly re-opened Aberfoyle Junction (no St Jacobs and Aberfoyle: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://stjacobsmodelrailway.com/">http://stjacobsmodelrailway.com/</a><!-- m --> ). They had to leave their old building and moved a fair distance away. The layout (it was over 3000 sq ft) is back operating after 14 months. We were told the night sequence will be back up soon.

As far as I'm concerned, this layout is the best display layout I've seen. They don't do card operations but trains roll and there are small amounts of switching. The scratchbuilt structures are perfect. An ideal introduction to model railroading for family and friends. (Be careful: she may ask, "Why doesn't your layout look like that?")

Located in Mennonite country, descendants of the Pennsylvania Dutch. A bit of their culture has been added to the layout. There is enough to keep the family occupied as well.
There may be a full size train running as well.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-04-2013

Good morning. It's 51° with 93% humidity. The high will be 72°. Cloudy.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

I intend to get some work done on Paradise Cove today. I want to get Nelson Street finished. Then I can start programming the variables for the character to play in the train room at 1020 Nelson Street. I wonder how long it would take to program in a Gomez Addams type smash. Somehow I'm going to incorporate the character into the action taking place. Now to put him on the layout to see what's happening from a railfan perspective or do I put him ON the train. That's the fun of these things.

My A2M0003 Apple disk drive should be getting here today. The CP/M card is still showing as having departed White Plains. Did I fail to mention this has never been out of it's box except for photography? I can't see a brand name on it anywhere. The only marking on the box is 'Interface'. It might get here tomorrow but I'm betting more on Wednesday. The Apple //c A2M4050 disk drive is still showing 'Electronic shipping info received' so I may get it by Friday.

[Image: 236.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE13.jpg]

[Image: P1010004-26.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-04-2013

Good morning all. We had a great weekend here, supposed to have had rain yesterday, but none...as usual. Today is suppose to be the same, but I doubt it. Nope Temps are expected to be in the mid-70's to the low-80's for the rest of this week.

Our N scale TA caboose auction is over. Nachoman won the car with a bid of $15. Thumbsup Southern Tuxedo needs to be thanked as well for his generous offer to match the winning bid, and we can't forget about Tyson Rayles for his donation of the car in the fist place. Big Grin

We plan one more auction in the next few weeks. We have one N scale anniversary boxcar that has been decorated by none other than Sumpter250. This one was not part of the tour we had back then, but it still is worth getting since there will be no more of them offered by us at any price. Nope

These are all winners in my book, but overall, the biggest winner is Big Blue. With friends like this, how could we possibly lose?
2285_ Worship Worship Worship Worship 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-04-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 43 degrees.
I went to the train show but didn't see anything I had to have.
Stayed with the modular layout from 10 to 3, got my browsing in during that time.
No plans for this morning.
S.J.