The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-04-2013

Good morning folks

Well, it looks like the college search and volleyball recruiting for my daughter may actually be reaching its conclusion sooner than we expected. We have a phone this evening to help understand a few things. Then there will be a big phone tomorrow followed by some more phone calls and a bunch of emails. If all goes well either tomorrow or Wednesday we may have a big announcement.

Then I can get back to model railroading and the forums. Even my daughter says it is time to get back to it.

I could have c lose to a year and then it starts all over with my son and I may need to take a crash course in men’s collegiate tennis.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-04-2013

Got my A2M0003 Apple disk drive today. It's been fully checked and tested. The speed and tracking are spot on. The CP/M co-processor is coming tomorrow.

Got some more work done on Paradise Cove today. Two more properties and homes are left then Nelson Street will be done. I may be able to get those done tomorrow.

It's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010009-10.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0006-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010011-8.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-04-2013

Good evening all.

Been awhile as I have been busy at work and around the home. Christmas shopping all done. It is the start of the busy season at work even for the part-timers. I actually got some overtime Sunday night and then had to show up for 1st shift this morning. We have odd shifts second is typicaly 7 hours and 1st is 7.25 hours any beyond that is overtime even for the 2 and 3 day workers. Union will be handing out free turkeys to the union members 2285_

I have let a lot of stuff slip due to work and other matters needing attended to. I will start back on the kitbashing and other projects after the holliday season is over.

I am getting closer to perfecting my drawing skills for the 3D printer I will have to go back to the drawing board on the S gauge box car but just for fun did up a quick and not very prototipical TT scale (1:120) a 40 foot box car comes out to be 4" long to test my drawing skills and do a quick print, when I get around to printing out the TT boxcar will post a pic or two.

In other news my HP Pavilion pentium PC may soon be replaced with a Dell i3 based desktop to bring myself uptodate and save some money by just getting the pc as I have a few monitors and a couple of new keyboards to replace some old worn out keyboards.

If I do not post again before Turkey day happy Thanksgiving all.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-05-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 30 degrees this morning with rain on the way. Weather forecast is for a 100% chance of rain today and tonight.

Yesterday I got the third crop of leaves harvested. They are sitting in the garage until 8 AM when the yard waste site opens. They may sit a little longer as the wife has announced shopping and breakfast plans for this morning. I hope we're back before noon. The disposal site is only open until then and is closed tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-05-2013

Good morning good people. Well, I was wrong, it did rain yesterday, just like the forecast, I guess they are due to get it right once in a while. And it did come down along with the wind. They might have called this a "haboob" if it happened a month ago, but our "monsoon" season was over on September 15th. Regardless of what they call it, it was refreshing while it lasted.

AF350 Wrote:Good evening all.

Been awhile as I have been busy at work and around the home. Christmas shopping all done...

Wow, congratulations. I can remember us doing that for a few years and it was a good feeling not to have to battle the crowds. 2285_

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-05-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 47 degrees.
We are off to vote soon and then I will come back and cut the grass.
The leaves we get come from the neighbors so I just chop them up with the mower.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-05-2013

Good morning. It's 62° with 96% humidity. The high will be 75°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

I'm expecting the CP/M co-processor for my mothers old Apple IIe to arrive today. That will have that computer almost complete internally. It still needs a new keyboard.

I hope to get more work done on Paradise Cove today. There's still two properties and two homes to be done. That comes out to four programming blocks. Each block is an average of eight mini-blocks with two to ten lines of code each. One block can take an hour or more to program. When those blocks are done Nelson Street will be done. Then I can get started drawing up the coding for the layout in the train room segment.

I still haven't decided whether to make the character a willing participant who's watching the action from a railfans perspective or an unwilling participant who's trapped in the action and has to search the train to find the means of escaping the altered reality he's found himself to be trapped in before God knows what happens to the train.

[Image: P1010031-1.jpg]

[Image: Tyco-building.jpg]

[Image: P1010013-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-05-2013

Cloudy and cool good morning. Been sick ever since I got back from hunting. Actually sick Friday and got soaked at dark getting from stand to truck. On meds. Been doing Mayor's duties anyway.

Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-05-2013

Got my new CP/M co-processor today. As can be seen in the photo below it's almost identical to my thirty-one year old Microsoft CP/M co-processor (top). In the second photo the new co-processor is undergoing testing.

[Image: DSCN5519-2.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5508.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 11-05-2013

Good evening folks

It is finally over after almost 3 years. My daughter has found a college. She was accepted to New Jersey City University. Along with being accepted she was awarded the Presidential Scholarship. The scholarship is an academic scholarship and it provides full out of state tuition, room and board, and all fees for all 4 years provided she keeps her grades up. She spoke with the volleyball coach this evening and verbally committed. He is very happy. He has been aggressively pursuing her for the last few months. Paperwork is in the mail to the Admissions Office. Now all that is left is notifying the coaches of the other schools that were recruiting her. There are going to be some tough phone calls since there are some coaches and schools she likes.

Now maybe I can dust off the workbench and layout and get back to the trains. even my daughter says it is time.

Got a lot of work done on Paradise Cove today! Part of that was breaking the file into two parts and making each a separate file. It had gotten so big it overran the computers memory and I started getting 'OUT OF MEMORY' error messages. So the first part of Paradise Cove is saved with a file size of 139 and the second part is up to 032 so far. Today's main bit of work was 1130 Nelson Street. The residence of one Harry Raintree and the wildcats he keeps in a big cage in the back yard. The cage has a sign above the entry gate that says "Welcome to the Cathouse!". I also put that in the game. Yes, the character can enter the cats cage. However there's no guarantee as to his safety! Only one property and house to go before Nelson Street is wrapped up.

Here's a small part of the game as I'm going through Harry Raintree's yard:
[Image: DSCN5538.jpg]

As reported earlier I got my CP/M co-processor this morning. I decided to put it in my //e and put my old Microsoft CP/M co-processor in my mothers old IIe. Tracking reports that the modified Apple //c external disk drive may be coming tomorrow.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: IMAG0007-2.jpg]

[Image: P1010012-5.jpg]

[Image: 151.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-06-2013

tompm Wrote:Good evening folks

It is finally over after almost 3 years. My daughter has found a college. She was accepted to New Jersey City University. Along with being accepted she was awarded the Presidential Scholarship. The scholarship is an academic scholarship and it provides full out of state tuition, room and board, and all fees for all 4 years provided she keeps her grades up. She spoke with the volleyball coach this evening and verbally committed. He is very happy. He has been aggressively pursuing her for the last few months. Paperwork is in the mail to the Admissions Office. Now all that is left is notifying the coaches of the other schools that were recruiting her. There are going to be some tough phone calls since there are some coaches and schools she likes.

Now maybe I can dust off the workbench and layout and get back to the trains. even my daughter says it is time.

That's great news Tom. With tuition, books, room and board being what it is today, that's got to be a load off your mind. In-state tuition at Arizona State is now over $9,000 a year (out-of-state is over $21,000 a year) and the estimate of living on or off campus is over $10,000. I don't want to date myself, but back when I was going there, tuition was less than $50 a semester and I was paying $35 a month for off-campus rent. Then again, the president of ASU and the football coach weren't making over million-dollar salaries. Boy, times have really changed.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-06-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's partly cloudy and windy this morning with the thermometer reading 32 degrees. High for today is expected to be about 50. We picked up just over an inch of much needed rain yesterday. It was the god kind of rain that comes down slow and steady so it has time to sink in.

During all that rain yesterday my wife and I did a marathon 6 hour shopping trip. Picked up lots of Christmas presents along with a few things for us. Last night I must have slept wrong as my right shoulder is causing me some discomfort this morning. I even had a hard time putting the milk carton back in the refrigerator. Lots of Ibuprofen consumed but I'll probably skip the gym today. Only major task ahead of me is to set the trash out to the curb tonight.

One of the items we picked up yesterday was a hard drive for our new (to us) XBox 360. It's a hand me down (hand me up?) from one of our grandsons. We also picked up our new glasses yesterday. It's nice to be able to read the newspaper again.

TomPM - Congratulations on your daughter's success. You should be very proud of what you and your daughter have accomplished. I truly applaud your devotion to your family.

All stay safe.

Chief - hope you're feeling better soon.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-06-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have lite rain and 54 degrees.
After voting yesterday I came home and cut the grass.
I see this as the last run for the back yard. maybe once more in front, depending on where my neighbors leaves end up.
I am sitting here eating a Twinkie, don't know what all the fuss was about, I liked Hostess cupcakes much more than these.
I did chat with some of the train guys yesterday but no big news here.
Happy Hump day
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-06-2013

Morning all. Sunny and warmer. Did email on procedure for next Town Board meeting's public hearings. Seems an interim Town Atty. screwed everything up Monday night.

Fiat, thanks. Still running on half cylinders.

Later.