The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-10-2013

Good morning. It's 50° with 93% humidity. The high will be 75°.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

No plans set in stone for today. I may start on the map for Oliver's adventure. I'll have him find out he's caught up in the surrealistic world of the model train layout sometime early on and that while most vehicles and people on the layout can't move some are very capable of movement and present a danger to him.

[Image: P1012720.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-10-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 44 degrees.
Our monthly club meet was combined with the modular group last night so there was about 40+ in attendance.
Today is the small monthly show that I like to attend, a lot of the same ole things but it's nice to visit with the guys.
Enjoy your day.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-10-2013

FiatFan Wrote:Greetings, gang.

I am preparing a special package of cold air to be shipped to the Chief.

Tom

What they are saying. Hope to make it home before it gets too cold. Back Tuesday or Wed. Gone hunting.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-10-2013

Been doing a bit more work on Oliver's motel room. I used the TV to get him a message about part of what he needs to accomplish.

[Image: DSCN5574.jpg]

I'll work on it some more later. Right now the suns got the window next to the computer lit up so brightly it washes out the screen.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 11-10-2013

Well lets see the last I have posted was back on page 29 think I missed a few days and things. Sorry all. Lot been going on here. First to my fellow vets Happy veterans day tomorrow. I will be at work serving my fellow brother and sisters Thumbsup
Well It now looks like sometime in mid June is going to be my retirement date. Big Grin Looking forward for it. Getting worn out at work and its time to start taking care of things here and relaxing. so about 7 months away. Well guess I let the cat out of the bag as I haven't said anything over on the other forum the chief follows that I do on and off. I should have a more firm date come Friday. Plan on taking 2 cats into getting fixed on the 19th tired of there squalling lol. It's better for them also.

Back working on the train layout after about a 6 months break. First working on tightening up the track on the shelf layout that I didn't tighten up the first time so I started about 6 months ago but never finished lol so now finishing then I need to finish the most inner track layout as it was never done on the main layout. when those two things are done I will be able to run six trains at once.

Hope all have been doing well theres no way for me to go back and read all I have missed sorry I have poked in once in a while and read a little bit here and there. Well all have a good evening and those off tomorrow enjoy

Poor Oliver just can't win for losing it seems. Our boy from Alabama is OK while he's in the motel room. I'm making this part of the game somewhat more interactive than 'Paradise Cove'. Of course it's not going to be as big either. So far Oliver can search the room and the bathroom. He can turn things on and off, he can open and close the medicine cabinet. So far he can find two items. A red key and a note warning him to be wary of goons. He ignores the note, balls it up and drops it. on subsequent searches of the bathroom it's mentioned that's there's a balled up note on the floor. After finding the red key any further searching of the room results in him being told he already has the red key. After he turns on the TV and hears Mr Blurry Guy he's free to leave the motel. However if he tries to leave without turning on the TV one of the guys waiting outside says "I didn't hear no TV. Turn on the TV". Once the TV has been turned on and Mr Blurry Guy says what he has to say Oliver can leave. Now things start to go badly for him. He opens the door and walks out of the room. The two big guys outside grab him and throw him in the back of their car and a third guy in the car swings something and Oliver's lights go out in an explosion of stars.

This is as far as I've gotten. When I pick it up again Oliver will wake up in a sub-basement compartment under the observation car at the end of a train of dead-head equipment being sent back up the line behind a trio of GP40's. Now I don't know if these sub-basement compartments open into the interior of the car or not (probably not) but this one does. He searched the room so Oliver already has the tool he needs to get out. Trouble is, once he's out where does he go? He's trapped on a train with I don't know yet how many bad guys. So far he has only the red key. Other than that all he has is his wits, his fists and whatever he can find.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-11-2013

Good morning everyone. Today, in the USA at least, is Veteran's Day. I wish all vets, regardless of where they are, the best and a great big THANK YOU for your service. I did my four years back in the 50's, but never left US soil, so I am humbled by those that were in the heat of battle in foreign lands, especially those that have returned scarred for life. I salute you all. Cheers
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7

Today is a great day for a Veteran's Day parade here. Temps are projected to be 89, tomorrow's in the low 90's. Great weather for us right now. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-11-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy and 34 degrees here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. We've already reached our high for today. By this evening it's supposed to be about 22 with some snow. Overnight low will be in the low teens.

Yesterday I got the storm windows on the front porch and got the leaves cleaned up. Today I'm paying the price. Pulled a muscle in my back. Ibuprofen will keep me company today. We're heading over to our son's mother-in-law today to perform some routine chores for her. She's still recovering from some medical issues and I have been volunteered to get her computer running again. Don't know how that will go as I'm pretty sure it's somewhat old.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - zstripe - 11-11-2013

Hi All,
I havn't said Boo,for a while, so BOO! And Thank You Don, for the Thank You! Along to all other's who have served.
DAV Vietnam Vet. U.S. Army, 1967.
Cheers, 35
Frank zstripe

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-11-2013

VETERANS DAY 2013
Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 43 degrees this morning.
The first fall snow is expected this afternoon mixed with rain.
Nothing on the menu for today except the laundry.
You can see our latest club video which includes the Glancy layout at the Detroit Historical museum.
At..............Detroit 3 Railers.com
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-11-2013

Good morning. It's 60° with 76% humidity. There will be some clouds.
[Image: cond026.gif]

No work on the //e this morning or early afternoon. I have an appointment with the cardiologist today. Hopefully they're going to see if they can find a blocked blood vessel. I may do some work on the game this evening.

I was doing maintenance on this computer yesterday. It's been slowing down significantly in the past few weeks so I checked it yesterday and found the hard drive was over 50% fragmented. Little wonder. So at 7:00 last night I started a defrag on it. Seven hours later (2:00am) it was still at it so I turned the monitor off but left the computer running. It finished sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 this morning. That's the first time I've seen a defrag take almost eleven hours. The computer is running faster though.

[Image: P1012704.jpg]

[Image: P1012669.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4448.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 11-11-2013

RB, I have a question. When you check for fragmentation, isit like taking a pulse, or like open heart surgery?

Lynn

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-11-2013

yellowlynn Wrote:RB, I have a question. When you check for fragmentation, isit like taking a pulse, or like open heart surgery?

Lynn
Right-click on the hard drive icon, select properties, select tools. Click defragment now.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - yellowlynn - 11-11-2013

Thanks RB. Mine said it does it automatically every Wed. , last done 11-6 13. Thanks heaps

Lynn

Didn't get a chance to do any programming on Oliver's train adventure today. Had an appointment with the cardiologist today. So did my step mother. We had worked it out so our appointments were withing twenty minutes of each other. Even so we didn't get out of there until about 4:30. My father met us there and since it was too late to go home and cook dinner we went to Fox's Pizza Den. Trouble about a place like that is I almost always have to be rolled out. On the cardiologist report, they found the blocked blood vessel. The doc says it's not big enough to worry about so it looks like I'm gonna have to learn to live with the whooshing racket in my ears.

Well that's all for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1012676.jpg]

[Image: P1012664.jpg]

[Image: P1012665.jpg]