The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-14-2013

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and a little cool this morning at 30 degrees. Highs for today and the next several days are supposed to be in the 50s. Rain is supposed to move in Saturday night and by Monday the high is only supposed to be in the 30s.

Yesterday morning was a goof-off morning. Got absolutely nothing accomplished. Yesterday afternoon we visited our with financial planner and then ran some errands. Today I'll be hauling the last batch of leaves harvested on Sunday (it's gonna take two trips). Then either this afternoon or tomorrow I'll be working on the next batch of leaves. Also on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-14-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 35 degrees this morning.
I figure one more pass over the leaves with the mower, drain the gas and tuck it away for the season.
About every 3 to 4 weeks I put a charger on the battery through the winter.
No train news, nothing exciting to report.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-14-2013

Morning. Lazy and watching DVD'd shows I missed while hunting. Working on old bedroom suit this PM. Was Dad's. Going in redone train room since trains in Box. Off tomorrow to the woods to hunt for a couple.

Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-14-2013

Good morning all. It's hard to believe that we're just two weeks away from Thanksgiving Day. I have no idea where the first ten months of this year went, but they did.

Another beautiful day here in the desert southwest. Highs still expected in the 80's, but heading down into the 70's by this weekend. The even have a chance of rain in the forecast for mid next week. As usual, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I am kind of jealous of you guys in the colder climates though. Not because of the weather, but because you have some great layout tours as well as shows and swap meets around now. There are probably some tours around here, but I'm not away of them if there are any, and I can't believe that there hasn't been on of the bigger shows, like The World's Greatest Hobby or The Great Train Expo here in years. You would think that they would be flocking here during the winter months, but there's none on their schedules for the Phoenix area. The last time I remember the WGH show stopping by was at least five or six years ago in the middle of the summer. They were in an enclosed horse arena up in Scottsdale with temps probably pushing 110, They advertised hundreds of booths and lots of layouts. I doubt that there were fifty booths, none of them were manufacturers,there was only one layout, and then they probably wondered why they had a poor showing. Icon_lol

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-14-2013

Well the fitting went better than I thought it would. There's only a couple of minor corrections they need to make. The doc says if they any problems it'll probably be with the insurance company wanting clinical reports and other such BS from my doctors. Government health insurance agencies are always eager to save a buck wherever they can no matter who it hurts yet they're more than willing to throw billions at a health insurance program that doesn't work and never will work satisfactorily. That seems like an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Kinda like 'military intelligence'. Anyways there was just a bit of discomfort, mostly because my knee joint has a 20% deflection. That puts a lot of tension on the muscles in the back of the leg and it'll do that until they get stretched out a bit more. But despite the discomfort it felt pretty darn good to be walking around in the docs office. What a shame I couldn't bring that test leg home with me. The plastic socket on it would never stand the strain though. The permanent model will be made of carbon fiber and Kevlar. Very light but very strong.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-14-2013

Well at least I got to walk around a bit today. Not sure when I'll be getting my leg. They were saying something about the 19th but I doubt that's the 19th of this month. Probably the 19th of December.

I got a bit of work done on Oliver's train adventure. I programmed in the underfloor locked cargo box and most of the observation car, the location of two of about half a dozen keys that must be found to open certain things like lockers and lock boxes. One of the lock boxes contains a key, another contains a manual on how to operate a GP40 locomotive. That could come in handy if you're on a runaway train. Maybe tomorrow I can finish the observation car and start programming a coach.

My Lode Runner game disk arrived in the mail today. Now I have to get a joystick so I can play it.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1176.jpg]

[Image: PB040145-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4720.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-14-2013

Warmed nicely. Walked my 2+ miles. Repaired an antique headboard on a bed. Ran errands. Now ready to hit the road east to hunt tomorrow PM and Sat. Sleep tight.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-15-2013

Good morning everyone. Here we are once again at the doorstep of another weekend. It looks like today was suppose to be the last day of our 80+ temps, but they have a few days next week forecast for around 80. I've been looking around the past few days, and it seems like everyone that is driving a drop-top car, has the top down. In the summer, it's way to hot to drive that way and it's a bit chilly in the winter (unless you're visiting from someplace like Minnesota or anywhere in Canada), but this is the time of the year that they do this. I've always wanted a convertible, but for one reason or another, I've never owned one. A pity, because now would be a good time to be driving around in it....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-15-2013

Morning. Real warm. Showers tonight. Staying warm for several days. Off to the woods for a couple. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-15-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 41 degrees this morning.
51 yesterday, but the wind made it feel like 30.
My cousin and wife are coming here for the day so I'm sure an adventure is at hand.
Have a great Friday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-15-2013

Good morning. It's 53° with 98% humidity. The high will be 70 with a possibility of some rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

I probably won't get anything done today. Lots of muscle pain from the walking around at the docs office yesterday. I took some oxycodone earlier. It's not agreeing with me. I'll probably just go back to bed for a while.

[Image: DSCN1121.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1112-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5519-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-15-2013

Yeah, it's me again. And still hurting. I'm trying not to move around too much. Been watching Bond movies all day. 'Tomorrow Will Never Die', 'Thunderball', The World is not Enough', 'Goldeneye'. Received a box of twenty-five double sided, double density 5.25" diskettes today to use with the //e. Figured out most of the keyboard commands for 'Lode Runner'. Time to call it a day. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1078.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1045-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4451.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-16-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 60s, quite warm for this time of year. Rain moving in later this afternoon through tomorrow morning then turning colder again on Monday.

Hauled another batch of leaves yesterday and then picked up another batch yesterday afternoon. Almost all the leaves are down so I should be almost done with outside work for this year. Also on this morning's agenda is a quick trip to WalMart for some basics - bread, eggs, etc. Then this afternoon will be some college football.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-16-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have clouds and 42 degrees.
A nice afternoon with my cousin, we took the gals out to eat and some local shopping at stores they don't have close to them.
No toy train news this morning.
Had to edit here, was reading from page one...LOL
Enjoy your weekend. College football will be part of my Saturday.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-16-2013

Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 78° with a slight chance of rain.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans set in stone today. I feel much better than I did yesterday. Not so many aches and pains. Today I may see if I can get Oliver out the observation car and into the next car in the train, a coach without getting too many aches and pains or worse getting killed. So far I've positioned three keys, a note and a manual and put in a TV spot for 'Mr Blurry Guy'. Somewhere I'll put in a radio message from 'Mr static Voice'.

[Image: DSCN1069.jpg]

[Image: P1011686.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5538.jpg]