The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-16-2013

This was home layout tour day from the local club. There were 10 layouts at 8 locations -- well do-able in one day.
After the morning homes asked us to remove shoes, we picked up our slippers -- which we didn't need in the afternoon.
Most layouts were HO, one On3 and one G. Varied between just started and totally finished. Price was free.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-16-2013

I didn't get Oliver to the coach yet but he's in the diaphragms between the observation car and the coach. The train on which he has found himself also got it's roadname today as you'll see if you read the text in tonight's screen from the game. The observation car is finished. Oliver didn't encounter any resistance there. Next I'll start working on the first of the coaches and bad guys and dangers will start cropping up.

Well it's time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011697.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0814.jpg]

[Image: 788c665f-0390-49a5-b0d9-49dcb45d305d.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-17-2013

Good Sunday morning to you all. A bit chilly during the night, but not enough to turn on the furnace yet. We're sitting at 52 right now, with highs in the mid-70's, right about normal. The Weather Channel says, "abundant sunlight", which is also normal. The "20% chance of rain", for yesterday, as expected, turned out to be a fizzle.

Everyone, have a great day. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-17-2013

Good morning. It's 71° with 100% humidity. The high will be 82° and will feel like 86°. It's looking like it could be a wet day.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond50.jpg]

Well today I hope to get Oliver into the last coach (one of four). The order in which he'll progress through the train is observation (been there and done that), fourth coach (ready and willing to dive in and give somebody an attitude correction), third coach, second coach, first coach, diner (glorious name for a car full of vending machines), baggage, crew, service, last GP40 (L&A, on the way to the shop), second GP40 (KP&W), first GP40 (KP&W).

Now a word about Oliver. He's nothing special. Just an out of work computer engineer who couldn't keep up with the technology. In an effort to make ends meet he fell in with some very questionable types who were planning to pull off the crime of the century. He didn't feel good about that and leaked information to a friend in law enforcement. How was he to know the 'friend' was a bribed informant for the group. Oliver was quietly set up and was to be 'taken care of' by 'Mr Big', the groups boss at the end of the line. And now you know why Oliver is in the pinch he's in. He has one chance. Defeat his captors, get off the train and get away.

Time to get on with the day.

[Image: DSCN0763.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0700.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0602.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-17-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have lite rain and 58 degrees.
Storms are in the afternoon forecast as a cold front goes through.
My reward for watching 2 of the boys yesterday afternoon was a 10 pack of fresh White Castles.
I got 3 winning football teams yesterday and I'm hoping the Lions can make it a foursome.
No toy train news though.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-17-2013

Afternoon. Sunny and warm. Turning cloudy and a chance of a shower tomorrow. Being lazy today. No shooter bucks this trip. Does and does. Was fun. Just a little too warm as was in shirt sleeves most of the time in the stand. Busy Mayor week ahead. Later

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-17-2013

Well Oliver is finally out of the observation car but not without incident. There are several items he needs to pick up while he's there. One is a blue key, another is a green key. He uses the red key he found in the motel room to unlock a box in one of the obsv cars few rooms to find a blue key. He then has to find a locker and open it with the blue key so he can find a green key. He also needs to open another box to find a manual on how to operate a GP40 locomotive. A baseball bat could come in handy too. The 'incident' I referred to earlier was when he found the blue key the box it was in should have been empty the next time he looked at it. Instead he kept finding a blue key every time he looked in it. I looked at the command line for that sequence of events many times and couldn't find the problem. When he finds the blue key the blue key variable ,BK1 is supposed to be reset from BK1=1 to BK1=0. This was being done. The box should be empty after the key is found. I followed the command line execution and it went off flawlessly. The key was found and BK1=1 was reset to BK1=0. Then when the cursor returned to the 'WHAT NEXT:' prompt BK1=0 suddenly switched back to BK1=1. The key was in the box! WHAT!! It took more searching but I finally found a 'IF BK1=0 THEN LET BK1=1' buried in the command codes. I removed this and everything now works the way it's supposed to. Oliver finally got the green key from the blue locker and was able to unlock the door of the next car, the last coach in the train. He's in the coach now and is about the check out the first group of twenty-four seats (twelve to either side of the aisle). There are three more groups of seats in this car and plenty of places for people and items to hide.

Our boy Oliver is in a pickle now. He's gotten in the first of the four Kings Port and western passenger coaches and can now search the overhead racks. So far I've programmed in one item for him to find. A large wrench. But he has to be on his toes as there's an ugly goon out to do him in. He'll be OK as long as he can defend himself.

Nothing much to report today. We got thunder and lightning this morning but not even enough rain to call a short shower. My nieces husband found a snake out front this morning. It was a harmless hognose snake but being a very much anti-snake type he naturally flipped out and killed it. They also discovered an underground hornet nest. To make it worse the hornets had neighbors. Yellow jackets! Both got treated to some of the very best gasoline available in this area and got a first class demonstration of how to burn out hornets and yellow jackets with themselves as the subjects of the demonstration.

That's all for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN0615.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0618.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0612.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-18-2013

Greetings, gang.

There's a full moon shining through my window at this early hour. Been up since 5. I woke up way too early this morning. Right now it's 32 degrees with an expected high in the mid to upper 50s. Cold weather waiting in the wings - due to arrive on Wednesday along with snow.

Quiet day yesterday. Watched a couple movies and the F1 race. Today we're off to do some shopping for Christmas.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-18-2013

Morning. Warm and showers [mainly gone past]. Mayor's stuff all week until Friday. Only good part is hockey game tonight with private suite and all the food and drink. Rest is meetings and etc.

Prayers for all those hit by the bad storms. Hope Kev and his area are OK.

Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-18-2013

Good morning. It's 62° with 68% humidity. The high will be 75° with a slight chance of some wet weather.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with a [Image: cond20.jpg]

I have no idea whatsoever about what I'll be doing today. I may work on the game a bit more, I may watch some movies. I just don't know.

[Image: P1011603-2.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0589.jpg]

[Image: P4060070.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-18-2013

Good morning all. I agree, prayers for those hit by those tornadoes. Let's hope they get the aid they need without going through the red tape that our government and insurance companies so often make them do. Our weather here is like a paradise compared to other parts of the country. Temps above normal until the end of the week when they drop below 70 with rain in the forecast. I'm happy to see any sign of rain, but around here, they need a 100% chance of rain before I believe them. I remember our year living in Houston where the daily forecast was always a 20% chance of rain, even if the sun was bright with no clouds, or it was actually raining out at the time.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-18-2013

If you're wondering what kind of wrench Oliver has to find on the train here it is. It's for 2" and 2.5" nuts and bolts and is great for hitting things. My father uses it for arm exercise much as you'd use a dumbbell.

[Image: 41a560f6-1d1d-4c0c-bef7-e24025d74351.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-18-2013

Icon_lol Great Pic RB!!!!!! Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 11-18-2013

I had a couple of those in my Erector set.... 357