The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-20-2013

Good evening all,

Earth quake in S.E. Ohio today at 1:00 PM. I missed it being in a deep afternoon nap. Some here in Columbus felt the quake
No major damage reported in Nelsonville where it was centered, news people and geologist called it a once in a hundred years quake. They do expect some after shock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up truck as it had an emmissions sensor failing but not the O2 sensor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on a new PC and not sure I like win 8. It took me awhile to find the command promt(Dos window ). It is nice and fast being an i3 processor.

My white castle flat with semi-trailer and cab came in the other day, has not made it to the tracks yet.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-20-2013

Well Oliver has made it through the coach and is in the walkway between it and the next coach. What dangers await him.

I had shrimp etouffee today. It had the wrong variety of rice (my opinion) but it was still good.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-20-2013

Good to hear from Kev. No word had me wondering. Cold and windy here. Just got in from a busy day and out tomorrow AM real early. Busy day again. Think I am "off" Friday. Weather is suppose to be warming then. Means Friday afternoon, deer watch out. I may be shooting your "butt". Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-20-2013

Nothing more to report from the day. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN5465.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4177.jpg]

[Image: P1011300.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-21-2013

Morning. Out the door with carry mug. Thanksgiving and Christmas bunches up my monthly meetings into a couple of weeks for these two months. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-21-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 degrees this morning and that's as warm as it's going to get. By late this afternoon the temp is supposed to be in the low 20s with snow.

Today we're off to help our son's mother-in-law. Son and family will be staying with her next week;

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-21-2013

Good morning. It's 60° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 75°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg] with [Image: cond50.jpg]

Got online late last night and quickly discovered the Model railroader forums have been upgraded - again. Just as I was comfortable with their old setup they throw in this new curve ball. So far it looks like about half the stuff on it doesn't work properly or not at all. Some of the features like spell check, preview and a couple others aren't working from what I can see. I haven't had a chance to wade through it all yet so I'm sure there's more to find.

I may work on Oliver's layout adventure later. That depends on the weather. Looks like a good possibility of thunderstorms today. No other plans - so far.

[Image: DSCN0420.jpg]
Now that's some serious community service!

[Image: P1011217.jpg]

[Image: P1011224.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-21-2013

Good morning ya all. Nice cool and cloudy day out right now. Suppose to rain sometime later today. Kinda looking forward to it for sure. We did manage to get the stuff back in the storage shed, and even straightened out the mess inside the shed. Our Christmas decorations are now inside the house since it was easier to do that then put them back in the shed. No, they don't go up until after Thanksgiving. I know, we have a few neighbors that have had their outsides decorated for over a week now. Just because the stores started to push the Christmas rush well before Halloween, that's no reason to jump on the bandwagon. The news was showing pictures yesterday of people camping out at Best Buy for the Black Friday sales. I guess the money they save on the few items they can purchase for that one store must be worth over a week's worth of their time. Icon_lol

RB, love that snow. Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-21-2013

Good morning all.

cold and wet here, rain and snow forecasted for the weekend.

Have to go to work Friday 1st shift, still Sunday 2nd shift a lot better then Sunday 2nd and Monday 1st.

Kev,

I have found that if the Walmart website says, "in stock at (your selected Walmart)", or "Pickup today" again at the Walmart you have selected, the web price is the store price. I have also found that an item can have different prices at different stores, even if they're close by each other. If that's the case, the listing normally says something like, "see store for details", or, "price varies by location". The proof should have been a printout from the web, but that's gotta suck to have to do that when a manager has access to their website. I think the people you dealt with need to go back to Walmart training school, they missed the class on "customer relations 101". Curse Don't blame you for getting upset.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-21-2013

Hello Blue
We have clouds and 46 degrees.
We spent the morning shopping, got a turkey safely tucked in the freezer.
Also stopped at K-Mart, it was a good reminder of why we don't shop there often.
Prices are higher than most everywhere else.
At least we have many stores to shop from.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 11-21-2013

ezdays Wrote:Kev,

I have found that if the Walmart website says, "in stock at (your selected Walmart)", or "Pickup today" again at the Walmart you have selected, the web price is the store price. I have also found that an item can have different prices at different stores, even if they're close by each other. If that's the case, the listing normally says something like, "see store for details", or, "price varies by location". The proof should have been a printout from the web, but that's gotta suck to have to do that when a manager has access to their website. I think the people you dealt with need to go back to Walmart training school, they missed the class on "customer relations 101". Curse Don't blame you for getting upset.
I am getting into ordering on line and picking things up at the store. It saves a lot of wandering around, especially when you need a bunch of little items.
I use it a lot at Home Depot, I let the young uns do the gathering, including all the little screws and gizmos I need. All I do is go to the service counter with my order number and ID, and walk out with the items. I even got a bunch of 2x4s 12 foot once that way, and though I was a little leery, the clerk actually pulled better wood than I would have. And there is no price hassle that way either.

The folks at our local Walmarts are a bit more understanding. I've ordered stuff online and was notified when it got to the store. The first time I showed up at 7 AM and no one was at the desk. A manager walked by and said the desk didn't open until 9, but went in and got my order anyway. That's good customer service. I've checked items on their website and went to the store and got if for the online price, no hassle. That's why I say, if the web says, "pick up today at your store", that's the price they honor, and should honor.Let's face it, there are dipy-dos all around us, and you get to deal with them once in a while.

I'll have to try that at Home Depot, they have some stuff online that they don't carry in the store. Their service has always been good, sometime to the point that it can get annoying.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-21-2013

Kev, some folks don't give a hoot about customer service. Agree with you. Sad. Back from my 2+ miler. Now off to a reception for the CPA office up the street. Later.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-21-2013

I didn't get a chance to do anything with Oliver's adventure today. Part of my free time was used making copies of three Zork disks then I sent the originals back to their owner. I wasn't going to take a chance on having the //e running too long. There were some pretty serious dips in the power today and I didn't want one of those to damage the regulator in the power supply or damage the ROM or the Processor chips. I'm calling it a night a bit early. Didn't sleep well last night so I'm pretty tired tonight.

See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1011216.jpg]

[Image: P1011192.jpg]

[Image: P1011174.jpg]