The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-22-2013

... and the rains came from the skies above as foretold by those gifted with the wisdom of such things. And there shall be more saith these wise prognosticators. Icon_lol

Translation: it really did a dump here last night and those weather people are saying that we have 100% chance of more today. I can't argue with that since it's still raining out.

Hope everyone is set to have a great weekend. It's scary when you think how fast this year has gone by.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's clear and cold at 10 degrees this morning with about an inch of snow on the ground. Not a good way to start the weekend. According to the National Weather Service we won't see temperatures above freezing at least through next Thursday.

So far, the only activity on the agenda for today is to shovel the sidewalk.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-22-2013

Morning. Partly cloudy and warm. Off to the farms to hunt. Back tomorrow night. Thanks Fiat for the very cold air you are sending us Sunday and most of next week. Have a great weekend.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-22-2013

Chief Eagles Wrote:Thanks Fiat for the very cold air you are sending us Sunday and most of next week. Have a great weekend.
Always happy to oblige a fellow forum member. Tongue If you like, I could also send you some snow.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-22-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have cloud and 45 this morning.
I never tried online/pick up before but it would be nice in a store like Lowe's where I wander aimlessly searching for things.
I just opened the Christmas tree we bought last year during the afters sale.
Up in 10 minutes, love it.
TTFN....S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-22-2013

Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity. The high will be 72° and feel like 77°.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond80.jpg]

Looks like it's gonna be a wet one today. Rain showers are expected to continue on through to Tuesday night. Temps during that time will hit freezing only once, Sunday night.

I intend to work on Oliver's adventure some more today. I have a bit more unpleasantness planned for him.

No other plans.

[Image: P1011157.jpg]

[Image: P1011101.jpg]

[Image: P1010954.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-22-2013

Well I didn't get a chance to work on Oliver's adventure today. I was busy for a while showing a visitor what i have to do when I rebuild an Apple IIe computer. He was quite amazed at how complex an old computer like that can be yet be simple enough that it can be torn down so easily for maintenance. Nothing much else went on except for picking my way through the bugs in the new Model railroader forums software.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010952.jpg]

[Image: P1010938.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5617.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-23-2013

Greetings, gang.

Another clear and cold day has arrived here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 7 degrees with an expected high of 15. Tonight's low is supposed to be -1.

Not much happening so far today. This afternoon will be college football. I'm sure other activities will be assigned to me before the day is through.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-23-2013

Good morning. It's 45° with 100% humidity. The high will be 49°and feel like 44°.
[Image: 44a1a726-f0d2-4c47-b045-21a6cd26c7da.jpg][Image: cond70.jpg]

Looks like it's gonna be a wet day. I don't foresee any interruptions today so I may get a chance to make Oliver's life difficult. He got a break yesterday.

No other plans.

[Image: P1010919.jpg]

[Image: P1010910.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5519-2.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-23-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 29 degrees.
I saw our first snow flakes this morning, they drifted down for about 5 minutes.
It will be a football Saturday for me too, the teams I watch are nearing the end of the regular season.
No news from my toy train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 11-23-2013

Good morning all.

No new news here.

Cold and breezy.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-23-2013

Good morning all. Here we are, around 11:30 our time and it's still in the mid-50's. It rained all day and was still raining a bit when we got up this morning. They're saying that we broke some sort of record for the day, something like 1.5" or rain for that date, about three times the previous record. Whenever it gets this cold down here, we know it has to be snowing in the high country. They were suppose to open one ski resort up in the White Mountains this weekend, that says something. I'm guessing from the looks of the weather map, some of you are "enjoying" the same thing.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 11-23-2013

Well Oliver is halfway through his second coach now. Thus far I've programmed in two items he must find, a blue box and a computer disk. I won't tell you what's in the box but it's important and has to do with something he already passed, meaning he'll have to backtrack. There's also an old Indian in this car who will give Oliver a hard time and could even kill him if he's not careful. The observation car and these two coaches have been fairly easy to deal with. The next cars design is a bit different. Think about how the coaches in the Hogwart's Express are laid out and you'll have a fair idea.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-24-2013

Greetings, gang.

Another clear but cold day in progress this morning. Right now it's 9 degrees after an overnight low of 3. hig for today is expected to be in the mid 20s.

No major plans today other than worry about son and family who are on the road near Oklahoma City where ice is starting to fall.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-24-2013

Morning. Thanks Fiat for the COLD air. Sunny and cold. 30's for highs for next few days. Wallbang Good hunt but was too warm. Yes, warm and shirt sleeves until late yesterday. Let shinning buddy hunt my favorite stand. Shot nice 7 pointer from it Friday PM. Off to Sunday School.

Later