The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 12-07-2013

We went to the Train display at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton today.
Interesting G display using a lot of natural product. Dayle says it looks like the Botanical Gardens layout in New York.
Also a few rooms full of smaller models, including a sectional layout of Bayview Junction which is right beside the RBG property.
Visited the Hobby Shop down there. Managed to pick up some Floquil concrete coloured paint; no other concrete available. Does Floquil's final formula brush paint on plastic? I still have a bottle of barrier from the olden days (and a half-pint of DioSol). Also got a tube of Tamiya filler.

Today's funny purchase: one upright for a set of IKEA shelves. I had an upright and 5 small shelves left over from the layout supports, so I now have another foot of shelving.

Snow was blowing around but not landing much.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-08-2013

Greetings, gang.

Snow this morning and 10 degrees. High for today is supposed to be in the mid teens with 2-4 inches of snow. Talk about a quiet neighborhood. It started snowing about midnight last night and as of 6 o'clock this morning there were no tire tracks or footprints in the snow.

No major plans for today other than run the snow blower when the snow stops falling sometime this evening.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-08-2013

Good Sunday morning to everyone. It's a bit, nay, a lot, warmer this morning. It's still a bit after 5AM and we're already pushing 50. Phoenix is a bit over that. I don't know what happened since we were supposed to be in the mid-30's. Well yeah, I guess I know, it was also supposed to rain yesterday and a few days ago and we never saw a drop either time. It's baffling that these people can be wrong so much of the time and still draw those big paychecks. Icon_lol

Anyway, Arizona State (my alma mater) got trounced last night by Standford and that screws up their bid for the Rose Bowl this year. :cry: I know, it doesn't change my life one little bit, but I hate to see them lose anyway. It would have been nice to see them at the Rose Bowl again after all these years.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-08-2013

Morning all. COLD RAIN. Not freezing here but north and west of us is. Thanks Fiat for sharing your weather with us. Curse Got to run a quick errand in Raleigh and then back home and stay warm. Good Christmas movies on TCM and Hallmark today. May go to the Train Box and so some wiring. Got some sidings I want to toggle off and on. Warm and dry in there too.

Speaking of Football. Question is, did Ohio State play a football game yesterday? 357

Have a great week ahead.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-08-2013

Chief Eagles Wrote:Speaking of Football. Question is, did Ohio State play a football game yesterday? 357
Looked to me like MSU pushed them out of the way for a 34-24 score. No, I didn't watch the game. My step mother did and she was getting noisy about it. She's nuts about football!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-08-2013

Running Bear Wrote:
Chief Eagles Wrote:Speaking of Football. Question is, did Ohio State play a football game yesterday? 357
Looked to me like MSU pushed them out of the way for a 34-24 score. No, I didn't watch the game. My step mother did and she was getting noisy about it. She's nuts about football!

Well no victory lap for the MTH "Buckeye express" train set Misngth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold and light snow coming down now supposed to switch to freezing rain and then rain by time I leave for work today and more than likely icey roads on the way back home Curse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much going on here other than waiting for time to leave for work.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-08-2013

Good morning. Temp 36°. Humidity 94%. High today 42°. Cloudy. Rain.
[Image: cond60.jpg]

Cool this morning and it looks like it's gonna be wet. No plans for today. I may work on Oliver's adventure later. I was up til 2:45 this morning collecting data to make a cheat sheet for the entry codes for Starfleet1. I found a site online that had a bunch of them sorted by word #, line #, page #, word. Example = Word 2, Line 3, Page 7, Award. The list plainly didn't have all of them but after I included the ones I've written down or marked in the Officers Manual over the years the list looks more impressive. I printed it out, both sides of one sheet. I also saved it on a flash drive. Having a handy list vs looking through the manual in search of one word is well worth the trouble I went to. I may work a nap in later.

[Image: P1012654.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1464.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5748.jpg]

Today I picked up this interesting piece of kit:

[Image: DiskIIEmulator.jpg]

Yes, it's a SD card reader/writer. The interesting thing is it's designed to work on an Apple II series computer. According to the maker as far as the computer is concerned it's no different than a Disk II disk drive and I can read/write files on it just like I do with my disk drives. At £45 Pounds Sterling plus shipping it's a pricey little toy. But then I'm not the one paying for it. It has quite a ways to travel so I'll be receiving it around the end of the month.

Never did get that nap today. I should sleep good tonight. Tomorrow I have another doc appointment but that's not until the afternoon. He wants to see how I'm responding to the new med he put me on. So far it seems to be agreeing with me.

Played a game of Starfleet1 today. Did well enough that I got awarded the Starfleet Citation for Gallantry. Just another way of saying I got away with rushing in where angels fear to tread.

I got some debugging done on Oliver's adventure. Hopefully I'll be done with the command portion of the program soon.

I ran diagnostic checks on all six of my floppy drives. Five checked out perfect. One had a read/write error. Go figure! It's the one I modified to ignore write protection if a toggle switch is turned off. I set the switch to on and the drive passed the tests.

Blood sugar reading tonight before meds was 179. Not too bad considering I had chimichangas with chili, cheese and olives for dinner tonight.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1451.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1439.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5733.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-08-2013

I made it home safe from work but every thing had a thin coat of ice just enough to make it very slick was more in danger on foot than in the truck, on the good side it is warming up a bit so Monday may be a bit better drive wise.

Good night all I have to be back at work by 7:45 am and off at 3:30pm

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-09-2013

Good morning all. I see where things are a bit chaotic in some parts of the country. I watched a bit of that game in Philly yesterday. That's crazy. We have great winter weather here and we have a covered stadium while those folks in Philly had to endure snow that was inches thick. I don't know why the Eagles can't con the taxpayers into spending $350,000,000 of taxpayer money to keep the weather out like they did here. Curse If that sounds sarcastic, it was meant to be.... They have players and owners making obscene salaries, driving to "work" in some of the most expensive cars known to man, live in palatial homes, own their own planes and jet all over the world, yet they can't afford to buy the building that they all work in. And we're not the only city that this is happening in. Something here just doesn't sound right..... Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-09-2013

Morning. Wet and chilly but no ice here [lucky]. Off to Seniors Sunday School Class breakfast [Wifey subs there]. Have a great week.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-09-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 29 degrees with a trace of snow on the pavement.
I watched the the game from Philly yesterday and that was insane. They should have at least cleared the field before starting.
No real news this morning so it's TTFN
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-09-2013

Good morning. It's 38° with 100% humidity. The high will be 48° and cloudy with rain.
[Image: cond50.jpg]

Blood sugar reading this morning was 116, very good for me. My doctor is happy with anything between 80 and 140 and sorta happy between 140 and 150. Got a doc appointment to go to this afternoon. He wants to see how I'm responding to the new med (Onglyza) he put me on a couple weeks ago. So far it seems to be agreeing with me. It can have some rather nasty side effects. For one thing it can cause pancreatitis. After the doc visit we'll go next door to Fox's Pizza Den. I probably won't have much computer time today so I don't think there'll be any progress on Oliver's adventure.

[Image: DSCN1274.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1204-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5739.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-09-2013

Good evening all, what a difference a day makes, roads are dry and clear but snow on the way overnight and temps in the 20's.

RB that is a nifty card reader for the apple II.

Did some internet research and found that there is a vintage computer club in Columbus Ohio they are for an atari computers.

Head is buzzing from working on and around machinery from 7:45am till 4:00pm with a half hour lunch.

and that is with very little sleep between 4:00pm to 11:30 pm the previous day