The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-09-2013

AF350 Wrote:RB that is a nifty card reader for the apple II.
I'll be happy with it if it does what it's maker says it'll do.

Good evening. It's a cool 42° here. Looks like the low will be 36° with an 8 mph north wind and an 80% chance of rain. Chilly and wet!

Doc appointment went well. He's happy with the way my blood sugar numbers are dropping. He wants me to continue what I'm doing. I go back to see him again in a month. Went to Fox's pizza from there. No time for working on Oliver's adventure or playing any game. I did however make time to work on a copy of the Starfleet Officer's Manual that I have in a PDF file. I went through and highlighted all the code words I know of, about eighty in all. The game of Starfleet1 asks for a code word when you're starting the game. That, your identity and password will get you in. If anything is incorrect you get kicked out. I've also printed a list of the code words with word numbers, line numbers, page numbers and the corresponding words. For example if the game asks for word 3 on line 5 of page 5 I go to the word 3 section of my list, go down to line 5, page 5 and see the word is 'ENEMY'. On the list it looks like 3---5---5---ENEMY. It's a lot easier to use the list than flipping through a manual that's falling apart. Someday I'll print out the highlighted manual I have in PDF format. There was nothing else going on today.

Blood sugar tonight is 155. That'll drop after I take my insulin before bed.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN1162.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1045-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5725.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-10-2013

Good morning. It's 33° with a wind chill of 27°. The humidity is 98%. High will be 45°, wind north 10-15, cloudy then clearing.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

No plans set in stone today. I intend to get more work done on Oliver's adventure then maybe squeeze in a game of Starfleet1 this afternoon to relax.

[Image: DSCN1042.jpg]

[Image: P1011707.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5552.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-10-2013

Morning all. Misty but warmer. Kids worrying me to death. Cat and dogs want in and out constantly. Get out and want right backend due to weather. Be glad when they can go out and stay for a while. Cabin fever I guess as been raining off and on for days. Suppose to dry out for a few and then rain again for weekend.

Did some Train Box work yesterday. Also have a long NS bathtub gondola coal train being pulled by 4 diesels and pushed by two. Lionel Legacy works great for this.

sir james Wrote:Good Morning Blue
We have a cloudy 29 degrees with a trace of snow on the pavement.
I watched the the game from Philly yesterday and that was insane. They should have at least cleared the field before starting.
No real news this morning so it's TTFN
S.J.
Saw some of that. Leaf blowers blowing snow for yard lines. At least the EAGLES won. 357

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-10-2013

Good morning everyone, just one word about our weather right now...CHILLY... Yup, it has to be snowing up in the high country for it to be in the mid-30's, down here. We're not complaining, but I'd love to see some of those snowbirds walk around in shorts and flip-flops today. That's how we can tell the difference. You can spot those who live here all year long in the stores wearing heavy jackets and buying stuff with warm names like, hot dogs, hot peppers or hot tamales. Icon_lol Winter visitors on the other hand can be seen wearing shorts, tank tops and shoes without socks and are buying sun tan lotion and cold beer. If you drive by a motel, there they are lounging by the pool. In the summer it's different, we're the ones with shorts and tank tops and are next to the pool and they're the ones that are nowhere to be found. Nope

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 12-10-2013

My over-the-road neighbour was walking around yesterday in shorts here in Scotland, and we're further north than Moscow, USSR !

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-10-2013

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 14 degrees with a chance of some light snow overnight.

Not much happening here. I've been battling a nasty cold for the last few days and am finally starting to feel better. Slept from midnight last night to about 11 this morning. We picked up about 3 inches of snow Sunday and Sunday night. got that cleaned off yesterday morning and now there's more on the way. I guess that is to be expected when you live north of the Mason-Dixon line.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-10-2013

Did more work on Oliver's adventure. When I last left him he was up to compartment 4 of the old stall seat coach. Today I added compartments 3,2 and 1. All that remains are the four deluxe compartments D4, D3, D2, D1. From there I'll go back and flesh out Oliver's actions and the games dialog (what it tells you along the way. So far it's pretty general.

KRM Wrote:also help my VWF. Vibration White finger / hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) or dead finger, a secondary form of Raynaud's syndrome I have it pretty bad and it is getting worse every year. Here is more. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibration_white_finger
I know several people who have that. One was a jack-hammer operator and the others use impact drivers in heavy equipment repair. At least one has already lost a finger to it.

KRM Wrote:Jeffery, yeah jack-hammer operator would do it. for me it was 25+ years of assembly and machine repair at Caterpillar that did it for me. I am hoping that the new BP meds will help. Doc said I would have better blood flow. Don't want to loose any fingers from it. I never knew what it was till I went to a management work related injuries class and they started talking about VWF and I thought,,,,,, So that is what this is. Eek Nope
Oh yeah. It's serious stuff! The blood pressure meds may help. A blood thinner may be better. Look on the bright side. You could have been a computer programmer and had what put me out of the business. I stare at the screen too long, usually 20-25 minutes and everything runs together into a big mash. That's why it takes me so long to do anything on things like Olivers adventure. I work for 15-20 minutes then take an hour break. Reading a book is worse. That's 15 minutes, tops! Only way I can read for longer is under a dim light blue LED light in a dark room. Don't know why but using that I can read for over an hour. Too bad it won't work on the video screen.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-10-2013

Hello Blue
It's cold and going to stay that way.22 degrees now.
Probably the Hi for today. No snow though.
Nothing from my train friends today.
So I'm just checking in.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-10-2013

2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Waveof7 Dancing :band2" Dancing Waveof7 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

Happy 5th Bigblue Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-10-2013

AF350 Wrote:2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Waveof7 Dancing :band2" Dancing Waveof7 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

YEAH..!!
Let's hear it for the BIG Blue..!!

Happy 5th anniversary Big Blue!

Did more work on Oliver's adventure today. All seven standard compartments and all four deluxe compartments of the old passenger car have been programmed in. The seven regular ones already have their variables and dialog as does one of the deluxe compartments. I used the variables program lines from it as a template for the other three. So all four deluxe compartments have the same exact setup with the exception of line numbers. All I have to do is put in the dialog for each compartment to make each one unique. for example, in D4 Oliver could find something important. Then in D3 he could get robbed or get the tar beat out of him or get thrown out of the compartment, or all three or he could get killed. Don't forget there's a T1000 type terminator running around on the train and there's still a lot of train to go through. You think you have problems. Anybody wanna trade places with Oliver?

I also did some work on my mothers old IIe. Mostly pulling chips to clean and polish the legs on them and clean the sockets the chips fit into. There's a whole bunch of chips in there. Close to sixty of them. That's not counting the ones on the bottom-side of the keyboard. I'm not concerned with those because the keyboard will be replaced as soon as I can get a suitable replacement.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN0811.jpg]

[Image: P1011669.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5465.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-11-2013

AF350 Wrote:2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Waveof7 Dancing :band2" Dancing Waveof7 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

Thank you everyone, we're but a mere six days away for that day and I can remember it well. By the end of the day, we had some 150 members register as well as all the mods resigning over "there" and coming with us. Now, we will be running anniversary activity, contests, challenges and anything that we can think of. We have a new sub-forum for all of this, so if you haven't been there yet, it is right here. Take note that we're currently running a photo contest around the number "5", and we need some participants, so come on over and post your photos.....