The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6141)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 12-11-2013

Greetings, gang.

It's clear and very cold this morning. Right now it's -6. When I got up about an hour ago it was -2, so not a promising start for the day. We also picked up another 4 inches of snow last night.

Nothing major planned for today other than clearing the sidewalks again.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-11-2013

Morning all. Sunny and chilly but warming. Not much today but lunch meeting. Then "house chores".

Thanks for the Big Blue. Glad you all "jumped" from over there and fixed this. Great job.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 12-11-2013

And good morning...again... Just a note on what I said yesterday about probably not seeing people in shorts and flip-flops. Well, I was half wrong. It was kind of weird seeing a man in shorts and no jacket walking past a woman at the Post Office who was wearing furry boots, leggings and a heavy hooded jacket. Can you guess who was local and who was a winter visitor? Nope There was yet another man in shorts at the grocery store who also didn't have on a jacket. Neither one had flip-flops on, so at least I was half right... Cheers

High temps moving up into the 70's starting today, my heart and back goes out to those who are shoveling their way out of their houses. Flagstaff, is as usual, covered in snow. Usually, they have a block up on I-17 that won't let traffic go any further north without tire chains. I remember one time buying chains, just in case we went up to the high country....Fortunately, we never had to use them.

Everyone have a great day, and don't forget our 5th anniversary photo contest. There will be a prize to the winner. Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 12-11-2013

Good Morning Blue
We have lite snow and 19 degrees.
Almost 24 hours after my out-patient surgery I am very sore but I'm not in pain.
Follow-up with doc this afternoon.
No train news this morning.
S.J.
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-11-2013

Good morning all....

Overcast and cold (57 deg.) Bad for S. Texas...

R.B.- Great job on weathering those diesels...What do you use..?? I got a couple of UP units in their bright Armour Yellow...I think some light weathering would make them look like they actually do some work....Especially the trucks...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-11-2013

Steamtrains Wrote:R.B.- Great job on weathering those diesels...What do you use..?? I got a couple of UP units in their bright Armour Yellow...I think some light weathering would make them look like they actually do some work....Especially the trucks...
I use A.I.M weathering powders and a cheap clear flat spray, usually Clear Flat or Matte Finish.

Good morning. It's 36°F with 92% humidity. the high will be 52°F and cloudy.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg]

I got a phone call this morning from the prosthetics clinic. They want me there tomorrow morning. They said something about a leg.

No plans set in stone today. I'll probably do some more work on Oliver's adventure. I got all the remaining seating compartments of the coach programmed in yesterday. Now I have to go back and program in what goes on in the newly added ones. Compartments 7-4 are already done complete with variable driven events. 3-1 have what's in them but no events yet and D4-D1 are empty at this time and have no events. Soon I'll be putting in things for Oliver to do, find and interact with.

Yesterday when I was cleaning the chips in my mothers old IIe I broke a leg off one of the RAM chips. Well I wasn't going to leave it with 56k RAM. That's why I get old boards and cards. There's always a need for spare parts. I pulled a RAM chip from a non-op board and used it to replace the damaged one. I hooked the computer up afterward and ran the diagnostics on the RAM and it was green across the board. If only DCC boards were that easy to fix.

[Image: DSCN0763.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0669.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5342.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 12-11-2013

Running Bear Wrote:
Steamtrains Wrote:R.B.- Great job on weathering those diesels...What do you use..?? I got a couple of UP units in their bright Armour Yellow...I think some light weathering would make them look like they actually do some work....Especially the trucks...

I use A.I.M weathering powders and a cheap clear flat spray, usually Clear Flat or Matte Finish.

Thanks for that ... Thumbsup

R.B.,

Thanks for the info... Thumbsup

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 12-11-2013

good evening all,

cold and starting to snow again, in the mail the tomato growers supply catalog came today. This coming spring I will be a bit smarter with my tomato crop.

1) Will plant no more then 2 vines per large pot need to get a handful more pots.
2) Will not waste any time planting tomatoes in range of a black walnut tree.
3) Will fertilize as well as water regularly (last time just watered did not bare much fruit that way).
4) Will grow some early mid and late season varieties so that there may be tomatoes all season long.
5) Will start seeds earlier than last few times.

In addition to Ox heart and Cherokee purple I will be growing Early girl cold tolerant hybrid , Box car Willie(just have to grow them by the name alone), Sioux heat tolerant hybrid and yellow beefsteak varieties. The front porch will be lined up with very large pots. They get the morning sun and afternoon shade in the summer on my front porch. Parents back yard used to grow well until the people behind them planted a black walnut tree Curse for some reason veggies do not grow well near those trees :?:

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 12-11-2013

Steamtrains Wrote:R.B.,

Thanks for the info... Thumbsup
You're welcome.

No work on Oliver's adventure today. I just didn't feel like it. I did however make a special label for the front of one of my disk drives:

[Image: DSCN5757.jpg]

That toggle switch allows me to turn the drives write protection detection circuit off so I can use the back side of a diskette without having to cut a notch in it. I did have ON and OFF written on a couple pieces of adhesive tape but that just didn't look right. I have three more drives that have no write protect capability at all ((S=Slot, #=slot Number, D=Drive and #=drive Number) S7,D2. S5,D1. S5,D2). Those are great for making my own unnotched disks that will run as permanently write protected on other Apple drives. My boot drive, Slot 7,Drive 1 recognizes write protection as does Slot 6,Drive 2. I labeled those non-compliant drives so my friends who come to play games from time to time Know exactly which ones they are.

The thin label above the diskette opening says it all.
[Image: DSCN5764.jpg]

After I get back into my trailer I may get my Apple's word processor program up and running and make a detailed up-to-date roster of all my locos and cars. That'll keep me busy for a while. I'd LOVE to see somebody hack that from the internet.

No work on Oliver's adventure today. Earlier I was looking for a 5.25" disk holder. I found I already had one here and it didn't cost me a cent. A 6"x6"x6" cardboard box. I cut out the top and presto, instant floppy disk holder!

Tomorrow I go to DeRidder, hopefully to pick up my new leg. If all is right with it I'll be bringing it home with me.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: DSCN0641.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0628.jpg]

[Image: DSCN5771.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 12-12-2013

My best wishes for the new leg. I hope you will be up and walking soon.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 12-12-2013

All the best with the new leg, RB, and hope all is fine - Jack

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 12-12-2013

Best of Luck RB Smile

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VI.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 12-12-2013

Morning. Sunny and chilly. Off to Dr.'s for blood work. Then lunch meeting at a Church in neighboring town. Jeffrey, best luck with the leg.

Have a good one.