Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) (/showthread.php?tid=6172)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - postman - 09-15-2013

Like that little blue. Thumbsup

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - HeavyDuty - 09-15-2013

Reinhard, were the trackplan and dimensions covered an one of your earlier threads? Very impressive!

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - Harry - 09-15-2013

Reinhard, good work!!!! Thumbsup Cheers

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - faraway - 09-15-2013

HeavyDuty Wrote:Reinhard, were the trackplan and dimensions covered an one of your earlier threads? Very impressive!

Yes, it has been covered several times but it might be hard to find. I am posting to much :o
The plan is still valid except the east industry has only two tracks. The layout runs around the wall in 4 meter * 2 meter room. The yard and the two industries is the only part with scenery. It is about 4 meter * .6 meter.
[Image: Plan01.jpg]

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - postman - 09-15-2013

Can you post some pictures showing a general view of your layout?

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - faraway - 09-15-2013

postman Wrote:Can you post some pictures showing a general view of your layout?

Sure but my layout is changing to fast to have a useful general view "on stock". Did two new photos:

[Image: file_zps7a8431f3.jpg]
[Image: file_zps4bde7455.jpg]

This photos are several years old but show the benchwork and the room best
[Image: IMGP3731.jpg]
[Image: IMGP3730.jpg]
[Image: IMGP3729.jpg]
[Image: IMGP3728.jpg]

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - HeavyDuty - 09-15-2013

faraway Wrote:
HeavyDuty Wrote:Reinhard, were the trackplan and dimensions covered an one of your earlier threads? Very impressive!

Yes, it has been covered several times but it might be hard to find. I am posting to much :o
The plan is still valid except the east industry has only two tracks. The layout runs around the wall in 4 meter * 2 meter room. The yard and the two industries is the only part with scenery. It is about 4 meter * .6 meter.

Thank you for reposting the plan! I had a feeling it was very simple, it shows how a well-done layout can shine with a limited amount of well-planned trackage and plausible scenery, industries and non-railroad structures.

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - alcanman - 09-16-2013

Great to see the pics of your entire layout. I now have the 'big picture'.

The track plan works well , the layout looks spacious and prototypical despite the relatively small space.

An inspirational layout. Thumbsup

Mal

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - faraway - 09-16-2013

The funny thing is that the track plan has been very crowded initially. All the white marked switches in the fascia are out of operation. It was a long process to remove one switch at a time with each iteration of the layout.

This old photo shows a lot more switches and tracks.
[Image: Img_0132.jpg]

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - jwb - 09-16-2013

So what is the Dampflok doing in a couple of those shots?

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - faraway - 09-18-2013

jwb Wrote:So what is the Dampflok doing in a couple of those shots?

I have some great running 0-6-0, 0-8-0 and 2-8-0 steamers and I like them very much. They are my only engines with sound and I really like sound in steamers.

Anyhow, the operation on the layout will be on hold for some time while the staff is scuba diving in lovely Egypt..... 357

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - Painkiller - 09-19-2013

The transformation is just incredible, and I love to follow this thread. Have fun and will be nice to see you back.

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - lajry - 09-19-2013

Yes Reinhard agree w/ painkiller's reply, really like your posts about your layout, locos and anything else you do. It always gives me a little "kick in the arse" to get me going. Keep doing things on locos & cars, but REALLY need to get going on my layout. Wink

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - joem5127 - 09-20-2013

I live just west of the MAW and have visited Defiance many times to photograph the line. You have done a very nice job capturing the character of the MAW and a small modern day Midwestern town. The biggest difference is that that your track is far too nice. You probably don’t have standing derailments. Icon_lol The new owners seem to be putting some money into the track and are working to try and regain some lost customers.

Re: Freelance 2013-2 (MAW) - faraway - 10-03-2013

Thanks for all kind words.
We are just back from the Red Sea. We had a great time snorkeling and scuba diving. I am still somewhat exhausted and need to get back to my "normal live" :-)

ps. The political crisis was not noticeable at all in the very south in the Marsa Alam area of Egypt. The only pain were Mr. and Mrs. Titan Triggerfish. They are breading now and acted very aggressive and may become serious dangerous if you come to close to their nest.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7c/Balistoides_viridescens.jpg/800px-Balistoides_viridescens.jpg