2013 auction #3: N or HO scale anniversary car---- - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Railroad Marketplace (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Big Blue Support Activities (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: 2013 auction #3: N or HO scale anniversary car---- (/showthread.php?tid=6307)

Pages: 1 2

2013 auction #3: N or HO scale anniversary car---- - ezdays - 09-03-2013

Well, finally, we are now opening the third auction of a series of auctions that we’ve been recently holding. This one is for an N scale, 40’ boxcar as pictured below and decorated by ezdays. The car has been stripped, repainted in BB&G colors, decorated in our Anniversary scheme and clear-coated. Along with the BB&G herald, it has the “Anniversary Special” lettering. The build plaque shows a build date of 12-01 (when the original Gauge was started) and a rebuild date of 12-08 (the rebirth of The-Gauge as Big Blue). Those are the dates that make up our 10th and 2nd anniversaries. Also, note that this car has a unique number (BBG100201) that will not appear on any other BB&G rolling stock. We will leave any weathering to its new owner if they think it’s appropriate. This car, we hope, will become treasured and be a show of pride for your membership and support of the Big Blue Train Forums.

We auctioned off several other HO and N scale anniversary cars during our anniversary celebration, but we saved a few to be auctioned off at this time. The winning bidder of any of the anniversary cars will receive, along with the car, a certificate of authenticity signed by the person that decorated it.

Now, let’s get started. We are offering this car to the highest bidder. Here are the bidding rules:
1. There is an opening bid of $5.00, but there is no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the car.
2. Please keep you bid raises in increments of at least fifty cents and preferably a dollar or more.
3. You can bid publicly by posting it in this thread. This thread is for bidding only; any comments or questions should be made in this thread or by PM to either ezdays or ngauger. Non-bid posts will be deleted from this thread.
4. If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf, (we will post the bid amount, but keep your name confidential, just like at those big auction houses). You may also want to give us the maximum you would want to go and we’ll bid for you by adding one dollar above the last bid, up the maximum that you have set, again, just like Christie’s does for the big boys.
5. The auction will run for three weeks, and will close at noon EST on September 23, at which time we will announce the winner and ship the car to them.
6. The successful bidder will pay all shipping costs. That cost is estimated to be under $5.00US.
7. Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.
Good luck to you all.

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - Tyson Rayles - 09-03-2013

$7.50, more if the layout is included! Misngth

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - ezdays - 09-03-2013

Tyson Rayles Wrote:$7.50, more if the layout is included! Misngth
Thank you kind sir for your opening bid. We do have a rather high reserve if we include the layout though, just move the decimal point over about three places to the right.... Big Grin

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - Tyson Rayles - 09-03-2013

Reckon then I'll have to pass on the layout and just bid on the car! Icon_lol

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - ngauger - 09-03-2013

For an "extra" couple of Zeroes: Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth . Nope Nope

I'll drive out to Arizona, and deliver the layout to you!!!! Eek Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - ezdays - 09-03-2013

ngauger Wrote:For an "extra" couple of Zeroes: Goldth Goldth Goldth Goldth . Nope Nope

I'll drive out to Arizona, and deliver the layout to you!!!! Eek Icon_lol Icon_lol

For a couple more, I'd charter one of those there fancy private rail cars and deliver it myself... Misngth Misngth

But sadly, we're at $7.50, which is a respectable opening bid.. no layout included.. Nope

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - ezdays - 09-04-2013

Just in case you missed this, we do have an opening bid of $7.50 on this car. There is no reserve so this will sell for whatever the highest bid is. I know that the auction is just a day old, but don't wait too long lest you forget and then lose out on this collector's car. There have been only eight N scale anniversary cars made, and this is one of the last to be auctioned off, so there will be no more unless you can talk one of the other owners out of theirs. Past auctions have brought up to $50 for these cars. Worship

Remember, 100% of the proceeds from this auction goes to help support Big Blue, so be generous in your bidding, throw caution to the wind... but, please, do not bid more than you can afford. These are still not the best of economic times, so we fully understand if you don't bid, but I do have an obligation as auctioneer to rattle a few cages.... 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

You there in the back of the room with the white shirt on, are you bidding or just scratching your head?????? 357 357 357 357 Hey, we have $7.50, let's hear ten, do I hear ten dollars, waddaya say????? Somebody give me ten... Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - ezdays - 09-14-2013

Just in case you forgot, we have an N scale Anniversary Car up for bid here. Even if you aren't into N scale, this should be a keeper, we are not going to make any more of these. There is no reserve so whatever the final bid is will be the price it sells at. Right now we have but one bid, so unless you act, you'll miss out on a great deal.

Remember too, the proceeds from this sale all go to help support the Big Blue forums, so be generous please....

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - Running Bear - 09-16-2013

I bid $25.

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - ezdays - 09-16-2013

Running Bear Wrote:I bid $25.

Thank you very much kind sir, that is indeed a generous bid... 2285_ 2285_

We've just been reminded that this auction ends in about a week and that the bids are running way too slow for this auction...

So...after discussing it with ngauger, we both agreed that for this ONE AUCTION ONLY, we're going to offer the winning bidder their choice of either the HO or N scale car!! Goldth That's right - once you are confirmed as the winning bidder you will get to choose one or the other. It has been our intent to auction both cars at one time or another, but maybe this isn't the time, so, the winning bidder can pick which car they want. Here's a photo of the HO, #100218, which also has a unique car number that will be used on this car only.

So - Now - I have a bid for $25.00 for your choice, -- can someone give me $30??? Looking for 30 let me here 30..... 2285_ 2285_

Remember, you have but one week to get your bids in, so don't wait.... Nope

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - nachoman - 09-16-2013

I'll bid 30.

Excellent bid Kevin, and much appreciated. Thumbsup

BTW, no one has to commit to which car they want until the end of the auction.

Re: 2013 auction #3: N scale anniversary car---- - Running Bear - 09-16-2013

I bid $50.

RB, that is quite a generous bid, we truly thank you. Thumbsup Thumbsup

But, my job as an auctioneer-in-training, (I'm expecting my home-study course to show up any day now) Nope , is to get someone to outbid you, that's just the way I've seen it work on those there TV auction shows. :ugeek:

Soooooo, I got fifty, fifty, do I hear sixty? Someone give me sixty, I got fifty, fifty let's hear a bid... 2285_ 2285_