A personal anniversary - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Memories, past and present (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Big Blue's 5th Year Anniversary (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: A personal anniversary (/showthread.php?tid=6659)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: A personal anniversary - ezdays - 02-04-2014

doctorwayne Wrote:...I noticed today that I'm also on their list of "Notable Members". Eek I wonder if that's because I deleted all of my photos from their Gallery before I left? Misngth

Wayne

Yeah, I got a kick out of that. Notice that of the list of "Notable Members", 19 out of 20 are from the Gauge. Only one is from the paper side, and he was an admin for a long time and left about the same time as we did. That list is populated by the most prolific posters, and won't be overtaken by paper guys for a long time. They will catch up though since most of don't us post there anymore. Nope

nachoman Wrote:I don't think I officially got banned for "necroposting". I got banned to nor responding to a PM in a timely manner from an admin who wanted me to swear and agree to the forum rules. Someone here talked about being banned for replying to an old thread, so I went over, found an old thread, and responded "nice job!" or something like that. Then I got the warning about necroposting, a PM about how I will be banned if I don't respond to the PM in 30 minutes, and 30 minutes later another PM to tell me I have been banned. I was actually quite proud of myself Smile

I remember that. Since your username doesn't show up, I'm assuming that they removed your membership there. They used to have three ways of banning someone, the first is to actually "ban" them and keep them from logging in and posting. The second is to revoke their membership. That way, all your posts are attributed as being posted by a "guest" or your name is grayed out, and your username no longer appears on the member list. The third way is what Maico Shark did to me was to ban my IP address, so me and anyone else using my IP address would lose access to the forums. This way, you are banned, but don't look like it. :o

Re: A personal anniversary - MasonJar - 02-04-2014

According to the archives - Halloween 2002 Confusedhock:

Those were the days with Dave as the admin/moderator.

Andrew

Re: A personal anniversary - teejay - 02-04-2014

I had to get a frame of reference by looking up my start date on RRL ....Nov 2003 ...when I got my first computer . In asking around about mrr forums I was directed to both RRL and The Gauge . ...since I didn't ( and still don't ) jump around to multiple forums , I settled on RRL . I did join the Gauge around that time but mostly lurked , very few posts ( as Cobra ) .

T

Re: A personal anniversary - eightyeightfan1 - 02-04-2014

Ahhh.....Those were the days..The Shark....Shoehead.....the owner of CG that respond to a question I had with the words..paraphrasing here now to keep it family oriented: and said I had, "Defication for grey matter".(you don't want to know my response and I can't type it nicely)..What times.

Can't remember when i joined. 2002 or something like that. And since that incident, and the re-birth of the Gage, I haven't been back during the Zealot era, and I won't go back to check either. Feel free if someone would like too.

Re: A personal anniversary - BR60103 - 02-04-2014

Tyson Rayles Wrote:when I found out I had stage 3 inoperable lung cancer and that was in Dec. of 2002.

Mike: I seem to remember that you were in hospital and a lot of people were calling the switchboard to talk to "Tyson Rayles". Icon_lol The gauge finally had to post your real name.

I went back to look for my start date but couldn't find it. I didn't spend that long looking for posts and things. I was there early in the 2000s at least -- does it go back farther?

Re: A personal anniversary - scubadude - 02-04-2014

I joined The Gauge in 2006, lurking mostly and trying to learn about how to build a "real" layout. I was somewhat oblivious to all the hub bub with the Zealot guys, I just remember the train posts dwindling and all the other stuff started popping up. I thought it was pretty cool that Don and Mikey included me in a pm to join the Blue and here we are....I never have even really looked at any other forum than here...y'all are definitely train family

Re: A personal anniversary - railohio - 02-04-2014

ezdays Wrote:Just out of curiosity does anyone else have a recollection of how long they've been on these forums? Remember, we date back to Dec. 2000 as the-gauge, then to Zealot for a while, and now here as Big Blue for over five years now.

December of 2000. Now where do I get my cookie? Wink

Re: A personal anniversary - ezdays - 02-05-2014

eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Ahhh.....Those were the days..The Shark....Shoehead.....the owner of CG that respond to a question I had with the words..paraphrasing here now to keep it family oriented: and said I had, "Defication for grey matter".(you don't want to know my response and I can't type it nicely)..What times.

Can't remember when i joined. 2002 or something like that. And since that incident, and the re-birth of the Gage, I haven't been back during the Zealot era, and I won't go back to check either. Feel free if someone would like too.
Yeah,, in case someone doesn't know, "Shoehead" was put in charge of Zealot as our "go-to" contact. It turns out that she was a very young college student that knew little about computers and probably life itself and had posted a selfie of herself on Facebook with a shoe on her head. She was let go shortly after that .'nuff said. Wink "The Shark" took over as admin after Mikey and I resigned and started off by swinging a sword, ax and whatever he could find to do damage. Curse I spoke of him earlier in this thread.

You registered on the original Gauge on: June 18, 2002.

BR60103 Wrote:...I went back to look for my start date but couldn't find it. I didn't spend that long looking for posts and things. I was there early in the 2000s at least -- does it go back farther?

Nope, I couldn't find you either. Could be that they banned you for some reason. There are many railroad members there that just disappeared there. Icon_lol

railohio Wrote:December of 2000. Now where do I get my cookie? Wink

We put one for you on your computer, just check, it's there..... 357

Re: A personal anniversary - Tyson Rayles - 02-05-2014

BR60103 Wrote:
Tyson Rayles Wrote:when I found out I had stage 3 inoperable lung cancer and that was in Dec. of 2002.

Mike: I seem to remember that you were in hospital and a lot of people were calling the switchboard to talk to "Tyson Rayles". Icon_lol The gauge finally had to post your real name.

I went back to look for my start date but couldn't find it. I didn't spend that long looking for posts and things. I was there early in the 2000s at least -- does it go back farther?

Yes David, I was suprised (in a very good way) with the outpouring of support Igot from the forum. Thumbsup

BR60103 Wrote:...I went back to look for my start date but couldn't find it. I didn't spend that long looking for posts and things. I was there early in the 2000s at least -- does it go back farther?

Ah ha, I found you there, you are only "60103" there and you registered on the-gauge on Mar 25, 2002. Thumbsup

Re: A personal anniversary - Sumpter250 - 02-05-2014

January 19th 2014, was twelve years for me.
I still get email notifications of "new posts" at " Z#(&@! ", haven't quite reached the point of declaring those messages as spam.............yet, Icon_twisted ....... but most of them end up trashed-not-read. Icon_twisted 357

Paul, ( Shamus ) we're into our sixth year after your passing.
You, and your excellent work are still remembered, and missed.

Tyson Rayles Wrote:
BR60103 Wrote:Mike: I seem to remember that you were in hospital and a lot of people were calling the switchboard to talk to "Tyson Rayles". Icon_lol The gauge finally had to post your real name...

Yes David, I was suprised (in a very good way) with the outpouring of support Igot from the forum. Thumbsup

You'll have to excuse overlooking this fact, but this just jogged my memory. I guess it dims with age just like a few other things, :o but I do remember now when you were in the hospital and people were trying to get in touch with you there, and there was so much concern and hope from everyone here.

Thank you David for remembering and thank you Mike just for being here. Thumbsup

Re: A personal anniversary - BR60103 - 02-05-2014

It took me a little while to get the point of "Tyson Rayles". Not as long as for "Ray L. Rhodes" who wrote Bull Session in MR.

Don: thanks for getting my date.

Re: A personal anniversary - e-paw - 02-06-2014

I don't remember when I joined the first Gauge, I think it was 07 ish. I didn't post much there as it became "Z" I got more active, but now I'm here and it's a good place to be.

Re: A personal anniversary - Mr Fixit - 02-07-2014

I am just glad I found Big Blue here in its current format. I [and lots of others] just dont need all that garbage that went on elsewhere. 35 Wallbang Curse
There are some very talented modellers here, who are more than happy to share not only examples of their creative works but their techniques, succeesses and failures, ideas and dreams.
It's a good place to be.

Mark