The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-09-2014

Good morning everyone. Our local TV station has been running video of what they're calling, "monsoon mayhem". Typical stuff for this time of year, trees down, flooded streets, crazy drivers and lots of dust.... Just not at our house, we looked out to our back patio and found a very small puddle of water and that's it. Of course, I'd opt for that over having one of our trees sitting inside our house like some of those living in the southeast part of the valley. Still, nothing like what we see others having to deal with in other parts of the country.

Tom, I wish you and your fair lady the best. It has to be tough on both of you. Let's hope the doctors find the right meds to help.

Hope everyone here has a great day.... yeah, it's "hump day" again, it seems to come around very quickly anymore...

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-09-2014

Had quite a morning. My father gave me a ride to the hospital as my van can't be trusted to even make a trip across the street and back. Got the ultrasound exam done then it was to thebank to make a deposit then to Burger King for breakfast for three (myself, my father and step mother), my treat. From there to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. Got some groceries I needed, a pack of tape for my label printer, a pack of #64 rubber bands for use on the sleeve cuff of my prosthesis. They keep it from sliding down. Gravity works ya know, a bottle of assorted berry Tums antacid tablets and a couple boxes of popcorn. Now I'm waiting on the Home Health nurse.

No plans today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-09-2014

Good evening or good morning. I was busy most of the afternoon working on the IIc getting it to fully operational status. Most of this involved freeing up stiff or sticky keys. I gave them a thorough cleaning then soaked their mechanisms with a few drops of CRC 2-26 and worked them until the grit or whatever that was making them act up was gone. The 'L' key is the only one that's being a problem. It has a tendency to double clutch.

Other than what I posted at noon and what I just typed above I've done nothing else. No TV watching, no games.

Time for me to call it a night or should that be morning? See y'all later.

[Image: IMAGE38.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE37.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6664.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-10-2014

Cloudy and rainy good morning. Long day yesterday. Left home at 7 AM. Got home at 8 PM. Was HOT and HUMID. Went through 6 bottles of water. Later, at restaurant for the one meal at 4:30 PM, 4 glasses of ice tea. One Coke Zero on the way home. Was dry and real dusty so clothes was showing the seat rings around my body. Food plots planted are getting "rained" in today. Did lots of walking while Friend Fred rode his 4 wheeler pulling disk.

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-10-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 80s for today
I received a camera for Fathers day/Birthday so friend Charlie was showing how to use Photobucket for posting
It is easy enough but I will need to learn the proper steps to get from there to a post.
Nothing new from the store.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-10-2014

Good morning. It's 82° with 73% humidity. The high will be 95°. Cloudy with a chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond30.jpg]

Plan for today. Work on the IIc. Yesterday I fixed the keyboard and scrubbed the yellowing off the case. Today I'll be checking over the circuit board under a magnifying glass. Solder has a nasty habit of 'growing' little spikes that can bridge circuits and cause shorts. If I see any the intent is to head them off by scraping them away with a jewelers screwdriver.

When I finish with that I'll watch a movie of two then find something else to do.

[Image: Image2-1.jpg]

[Image: Image5-1.jpg]

[Image: Image7.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-10-2014

Good afternoon, just another hot and humid day here. Promises of rain the past few days never materialized in our neighborhood, but other parts around here really got hit hard.

I was thinking about going down to see the Wold Cup finals, but then I didn't have enough time to take out a second mortgage on our house so I had to pass. Icon_lol From what I read, some tickets are selling in the $10,000 and $20,000 range, a bit steep for us. :o I'll just wait until the next Super Bowl, which will be played not far from where we live, and I can get tickets for that game probably for as low as $5,000 each. On the other hand, we wouldn't go even if we could afford it. Nope We are well past getting involved in sports and crowds, and especially when you can see these games on TV for free... Cheers

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-10-2014

Good evening. Warm and damp here. Temp 83°, humidity 71%. A 20% chance of rain. Took the IIc apart this morning. That took about five minutes. Took close-up photos of every part of the circuit boards then spent eight minutes putting it back together and there were no spare parts left over. I spent several hours examining the photos with Windows Photo Viewer. With that I could zoom in so close that a tiny solder joint would fill the screen. I found no tin spikes growing from any of the solder on the main board or the keyboards circuit board so everything is great.

For the rest of the afternoon and into the evening I watched A-Team episodes (yeah that show from the 80's) that I recorded from the Esquire Network (ESQNT), channel 191 in this area. I watched the shows back then whenever I could. I had an effective speaking course I had to be at at the same time the show was on. So I had a VCR set up to record the show and I'd watch it when I got home. A working VCR is another dinosaur I still have.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: Image11.jpg]

[Image: IMAGE34.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6684.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-11-2014

Good morning. It's 73° with 96% humidity. The high will be 95°. Cloudy with a chance of rain.
[Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] with [Image: cond20.jpg]

No plans for today. Waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. Got a good dressing on the last visit. It worked well with no maintenance.

Just noticed last night that I have a burn on my right hand. There must have been a leak in one of my gloves when I was using a hydrogen peroxide mixture to clean the plastic parts of the IIc the other day. That's one of the bad things about severe neuropathy. Injuries can go unnoticed. That's one of the reasons I avoid using sharp tools or handling sharp edged materials where possible. Fortunately the burn is a minor first degree burn with no blistering.

[Image: P1010732.jpg]

[Image: P1010669.jpg]

[Image: P1010645-1.jpg]

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-11-2014

Cloudy good morning. Got the big rains we needed. A few errands and things to do here. Evening is baseball with the Mayors. Free hotdogs, cheeseburgers and fried chicken. Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-11-2014

Good Morning Blue
We have sun with 70s for today.
No global warming here. Next Tuesday's Hi is forecast at 68 with Wednesday at 70.
A chat with some of the guys last night but not much train talk, just misc. chit chat.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-11-2014

Good morning all, yet another bright and cheery day here in the Valley of the Sun.... Well, it's officially called the Salt River Valley, but the Chamber of Commerce decided to change that a long time ago to keep the tourists lining up to come here during the winter. They don't mention the hot, muggy days we endure during the summer though and I really don't blame them for that... Nope

Have a great weekend everyone, me, I'm staying in and hope to get some more progress on my structure challenge. Which reminds me, there's still time to enter. Build a kit, do a kitbash or a scratchbuild, there's something for everyone there, so join us. There's still a good six weeks left, and that's enough time to get something done..... Welcome Welcome

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - rtraincollector - 07-11-2014

Well hows all doing? I'm doing good today. I finished cutting track and getting the new curves track in so that's done and staying the way it is even thou I realized after finished that I put the wrong Curves up there was suppose to be O-54 well I actually put my O-63 which were suppose to go on layout where the O-54 are still mounted to the main layout Icon_lol Curse Any way now to slowly start working on the main level and the small 2nd level I did. Not much else going on today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 07-11-2014

Good afternoon all,

Will more than likely turn in early as I have to be at work at 7:00 am tomorrow then second shift Sunday then off till next Saturday. It will be the third Saturday in a row that I have to work Icon_lol

I think I have a pinched nerve in left shoulder as from the base of my neck down to the shoulder hurts and is burning sensation. Been using a cryo-freeze roll on pain reliever seems to help a lot.

Here are two pics one of an HO coal tower by model power and my scratch built O scale interpretation there of.

Still not quite done building it yet.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Running Bear - 07-11-2014

I made another van video. This one a low speed drive around the loop. Remember that this is a GASOLINE engine.

Van drive