The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=6928)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - AF350 - 01-30-2015

Good morning all,

No freezing rain as predicted, but a light cover of fresh snow cold and a bit windy(the weather not me). Icon_lol

Nothing new or exiting here and no complaints today.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-30-2015

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 12 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 30s. Snow is supposed to be moving in tomorrow afternoon with about 3 inches accumulation by Sunday.

Not much happened yesterday. This afternoon My Fair Lady wants to make a trip to Hobby Lobby.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-30-2015

Morning. Sunny and breezy. AF, no freezing rain is good. Glad Shake and Bake [Don Baker] is posting here again. Friday for all you working folks. Us retired always have Saturdays. Icon_lol Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-30-2015

Good morning everyone. A nice light but steady rain, probably all night. Easing up a bit now but suppose to be wet most of today and tomorrow. I'll certainly screw up a lot of the activities going on around town, but, if you've paid for any of them, tough luck, they will go on anyway and there will be no refunds. The Phoenix Open, well, they won't play in the rain and so there are still no refunds even if you can't get to the makeup times. I'm kind of in between, I don't know if I want to spend a few hundred dollars to buy tickets to a golf tournament that may be rained out that day, or spend a few thousand to see a football game in a domed stadium.

All week long they've been warning everyone about buying fake tickets and NFL goods. It seems as if the NFL doesn't make anything when you buy a $25 fake football shirt instead of one for $100 authorized by the league. I'm not saying that faking NFL goods is OK, but I'm thinking that if some guy can import shirts at $10 each and make money selling them at $25 each, the NFL is doing darn well getting their cut at $100. The fake tickets, well, that's buyer beware. You have to wander how some shady-looking guy on a street corner has a stack of tickets that he's willing to sell at a cut rate, cash only deal. The real tickets have raised printing, holograms and printing that can only be seem using a black-light, yet people are taking chances spending thousands of dollars on tickets printed on a home inkjet printer. Go figure....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-30-2015

Good Morning Blue
Bright sun but only 15 degrees.
A typical winter morning.
Nothing new in my train world.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-30-2015

ezdays Wrote:The fake tickets, well, that's buyer beware. You have to wonder how some shady-looking guy on a street corner has a stack of tickets that he's willing to sell at a cut rate, cash only deal. The real tickets have raised printing, holograms and printing that can only be seem using a black-light, yet people are taking chances spending thousands of dollars on tickets printed on a home inkjet printer. Go figure....
" There's one born every minute "
" A fool and his money are soon parted "
When the day comes that I have to buy a "bowl ticket" - - - - I'll find another bathroom Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-30-2015

Sumpter250 Wrote:" There's one born every minute "
" A fool and his money are soon parted "
When the day comes that I have to buy a "bowl ticket" - - - - I'll find another bathroom Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Just make sure that when you do, that it's not a fake bowl. Icon_lol 357 Misngth

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Sumpter250 - 01-30-2015

357 357 but that would not be a problem if it were a Wink Wink "false alarm" Icon_lol 357 357

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Steamtrains - 01-30-2015

ezdays Wrote:Good morning everyone. I have a new theory regarding the weather. I'm sure it won't withstand the simplest of challenges, but here it is anyway. There's a finite amount of heat in the world and it's not distributed evenly. When it's cold in one area, it has to be hot in another. I say that because folks back east are battling extreme blizzards while we here in the Southwest are basking in the mid-50's, and it's only 6:00 in the morning and not even light out yet. We had a touch of rain last night, but we should be in the 70's later today. I feel badly for those that are trapped by this snowstorm, some even can't catch their flights to come here for the Super Bowl, but all that leftover heat has to go somewhere and I'm glad that it's settled here. Welcome

This is just a theory now, Misngth spoken by someone that hasn't a clue about the technicalities of the weather Nope but it is a subtle way of bragging just how nice it is here this time of the year. Thumbsup

Your premise of a "finite amount of heat" is faulty. The amount of heat is constantly being renewed by the sun. This will go on until the sun gives up the ghost...We won't have to worry about this for several billion years...

Gus.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - shortliner - 01-31-2015

Not true - Everybody knows that they turn the sun off at night, which is why it gets dark, so that is what makes it get colder ......... Certainly appears to be the case in the Land of the Great Northern Haggis at the moment!

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 01-31-2015

Good Saturday morning all. As far as the sun renewing heat, as I said, there is a finite amount of heat here on earth and the sun is the source for sure. Consider it a constant supply maintaining this finite amount of heat at all times, therefore when it's cold in one place for lack of this heat, the rest must go somewhere else. Simple logic. How else to explain that it is freezing in Boston while we are sweating here in the Phoenix area? How that heat is moved around is a case for some of those weather people on TV to discuss. The sun only turns off at night to be able to make some measurements so it knows how much heat it needs to supply the next day. 35

Speaking of the weather, it is raining here right now, but maybe not in other places around the valley. All events kept going yesterday, even in the rain. I was surprised that they played golf in the rain, and still had around 50,000 people show up to watch. Of course, all the partying there is in tents. As far as the Super Bowl activity, there is the outdoor thing downtown which is really called, "Super Bowl Central", not the "Super Bowl Experience" which is somewhere else, I think at the Convention Center. This should not be confused with the "NFL Experience" which is near the stadium I think :? :? .... or is it that thing our in Scottsdale? Icon_lol They showed a list of them on the news last night, as a matter of fact, there were reporters at each one of these things and that took up 99.5% of the newscast, including the weather reports. Well, we have today and tomorrow and then a massive cleanup and exodus. They say that there will be some 1100 private jets leaving all the airports on Monday and that a pilot needs to have made a reservation to be able to take off then.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 01-31-2015

Morning all. Sunny and warmer. Headed to gun store for a long visit.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 01-31-2015

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 25 degrees.
largest snowfall of the winter is expected tomorrow through Monday morning.
We have been lucky so far with just small amounts of snow.
Something I read in the local newspaper yesterday..." I wonder if the NFL has decided who will win the Super bowl yet"
The sun thing is an easy answer, it's on a timer but has to be adjusted for DST.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 01-31-2015

Greetings, gang.

Snowy and 32 degrees here in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this evening. Predictions are anywhere from 4-12 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon. Also include at no extra charge are falling temperatures (Don - I'm sending you some more heat) and winds up to 30 mph.

I just got back from Yankton, SD. Drove 3 hours, watched grandson play hockey and hang out with daughters and their husbands for two hours, and drove three hours home. The things we do for our kids. Nope Roads were a little dicey at times on the way home. There was a nice convoy cruising along at about 50 when the pickup ahead of me suddenly veered into the opposite ditch, corrected, went to the right shoulder, then finally got it back under control. The convoy slowed to about 40 after that. Other places the road was a little damp and we were able to cruise at 65.

Later I'll be going out to clean the slushy snow off the sidewalks before it freezes. Then tomorrow I'll be cleaning up the rest of the mess.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!! - Canadian Atlantic Railway - 02-01-2015

January finished with a snow storm that I need to finish cleaning up today to make room for another storm blowing in tomorrow. I wish I had one of those jet engine snow melters the RR's use Icon_twisted